Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

EVE Online: 9000 Barrier Broken

AdminAdmin Santa Fe, NMPosts: 5,037Administrator Common

The offical EVE Online site posted yesterday that they recently had 9,144 player online simutaneously.  Here is the message from their site:





This evening at 20:45, 9.144 played EVE Online at the same time. This is the thirteenth time this year that EVE Online breaks what is probably a world record for highest number of players together, at the same time, in the same persistent 3D world.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

Comments

  • GunharpGunharp Woodinville, WAPosts: 2,890Member

    *whistles* thats pretty awsome...<_< *looks at clok* wow it's 4:31 am maybe I should go to bed now lol, SPRING BREAK!!!image

    ______--}====>_____
    |_105th Panzer Brigade_|

    http://wraithclan-online.tk

  • FoxieFyreFoxieFyre Placerville, CAPosts: 1Member
    imageOnly because EnB is dying!!image


                

    image-=FoxieFyre=-image

    -=FoxieFyre=-

  • SgtChoiceSgtChoice toronto, ONPosts: 15Member

    image

    Earth and Beyond yes. However this game rocks.
    It's getting better and better all the time.
    DEVS are great, and community is growing and getting better.
    Long live EVE.

  • XanderZaneXanderZane Glendale, AZPosts: 226Member
    I didn't even think Eve Online had 9000 subscribers. image  It good that they have enough subscribers to keep the people playing happy. Eve Online is just not my cup of tea. I love single play space games, but Online versions just don't excite me. I'm assuming that Eve just has one main server that everyone signs into to get 9000 subscribers playing on it at once. I wonder what the lag is like with that many people playing?

    Xander

    Xander

  • autodestructautodestruct St Catharines, ONPosts: 5Member
    I played EnB and loved it. Tried Eve however and all it seems like there was to do was mine the same roid over and over again. Not very fun IMO.  However the graphics were great and there wasnt any lag at all even when there was 8k+ people on at a time; unlike EnB where lag could be a big problem.

  • ElapsedElapsed Palm Bay, FLPosts: 2,341Member

    I'd bet a decent percent of these new people are only from there renewed beta accounts (see http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion.cfm/load/forums/loadClass/35/loadForum/510/loadThread/11635) and they will be back down again soon. Not really trying to "hate" on EVE it's just I find it funny/stupid they are advertising the number of people online. There have to be other MMORPGs that are breaking there own number of players online everyday only they don't feel the need to boast it. Seems unprofessional or something.

  • DalmontDalmont CardiffPosts: 272Member



    Originally posted by XanderZane
    I didn't even think Eve Online had 9000 subscribers. image  It good that they have enough subscribers to keep the people playing happy. Eve Online is just not my cup of tea. I love single play space games, but Online versions just don't excite me. I'm assuming that Eve just has one main server that everyone signs into to get 9000 subscribers playing on it at once. I wonder what the lag is like with that many people playing?

    Xander



    Lag isn't bad at all except in the 3 main highway systems as for the number of subscribers for eve its over 40K  sorry to disapoint you. You should try the game.

    image

  • DalmontDalmont CardiffPosts: 272Member



    Originally posted by -Jaguar-

    I'd bet a decent percent of these new people are only from there renewed beta accounts (see http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion.cfm/load/forums/loadClass/35/loadForum/510/loadThread/11635) and they will be back down again soon. Not really trying to "hate" on EVE it's just I find it funny/stupid they are advertising the number of people online. There have to be other MMORPGs that are breaking there own number of players online everyday only they don't feel the need to boast it. Seems unprofessional or something.




    Sorry again  but its not because of the old beta testers. Try Eve before you actually make any comment about the game. I would never comment on a game before trying it. They are advertising the fact the game is growing and getting stronger and hence you should try it.

    The boast is the number of people on a single shard, 9K people online in one fullly 3d game is something to show about, the same as EQ about the number of people that play on there whole set of systems.

    image

  • DalmontDalmont CardiffPosts: 272Member



    Originally posted by autodestruct
    I played EnB and loved it. Tried Eve however and all it seems like there was to do was mine the same roid over and over again. Not very fun IMO.  However the graphics were great and there wasnt any lag at all even when there was 8k+ people on at a time; unlike EnB where lag could be a big problem.




    Yep at the start of playing the game you do mine a little, unless you get yourself in to a good corp. As a freelancer player at the start you will mine and mine and mine, but there are agent missions (sort of mini quests) and escrow missions (player quests, but watch out as some people will lie ortrick you) theres npc fighting to get items that you can sell, theres playing the market too. Many many different things.

    Eve also has its own player run online radio station ( www.eve-radio.com ) which is player owned and run, if you want to listen to it then do as there are many great DJ's and music played (Doby, Rinny(gorgeous female DJ saturday nights late GMT saturday) and Hitchmister) to name a few.

    image

Sign In or Register to comment.