Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why do I lag now?

LustmordLustmord Member UncommonPosts: 1,114
I played CoH back when it first came out.. It ran fine.

Now years later I download the trial and play CoV and I lag a lot.. Especially when superjumping..

Why the lag? I even put my graphics on minimum and I still lag!

I have a 2.4 Gig proccessor and 512 megs of ram.

Back when I didn't lag I had a 128 meg Geforce4, and now I have a 256meg Geforce 5600.. and I lag. Wtf?

Any help or atleast an explanation?

Comments

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

CoV and CoH are not the same game.  You can go yo CoH, and you shouldn't lag any more than before.  Consider those bullets points:

- CoV zones have more polgygons, and you may even see through metal grids and the like, these create a LOT of the lag problems.

- There are usually more players/per zone in CoV, which create lag.

- Your personnal tastes are prolly evolving, what you find acceptable lag years ago may not be at quite the same level than today, you are prolly more critic and expecting more.

- Is your HD fully packed, was it defrag recently?

- The server load, it depend on which server you play.

- They just made a patch on the 27th, after a patch, it is always possible some stuff are still rough.

Recently, I find Super Jump to be very hard to bear as well, it seem like lag, dunno what they change...but it is horrible, thinking of switching to fly because of it.

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

• LustmordLustmord Member UncommonPosts: 1,114
    Yep, you are right. CoH runs alot better for me than CoV.

I get no lag in CoH. Thanks!
  • WindlionWindlion Member UncommonPosts: 53

I think that alot of the updates they have made brought some lag isssues in the game and they also added new effects to coh that cov had you might want to check you video settings again and mess around with it  but you are right there is some lag issues with some people i get alot myself when there alot of effects and im in big team and my settings are not that high running a  evga 6800gt.

• therain93therain93 Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    The inclusion of the physx engine/software features definitely created some overhead but I rarely notice it.
  • TsarminaTsarmina Member Posts: 18

Try being a DA scrapper with superleap.... oh the fun. :P

CoV killed the fun for me as suddenly the graphics were really bad and the lag worse. *shrug*