Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Considering returning, have these things been fixed...

Hey, I'm honestly surprised to see the game is still around, but it looks like there's been alot of changes and I did enjoy the game at release. I'll get right to the key issues that made me leave in the first place:

1. Biomek Hazard Kits: When I played these were all bugged after a certain level, so all the biomeks used low level kits. Has this been fixed?

2. Mutant zones: Mutant zones were noticeably inferior in loot and drops when I played, have they revamped the drops?

3. Racial abilities: When I played Humans had terrible racial abilities. The shields were so weak and low that they were pointless. Humans were my favorite race, did they tweak the shields?

4. Paint Cans: These were such a rare drop you could never get a chasis in the color you wanted past the starter vehicle. Perhaps its cosmetic, but one draw of the game is having a car with a custom paint job, especially if I'm staring at it for hours. Did they increase the drops/make these available for purchase, or some other fix?

Thanks. I did enjoy the game, and I assume they fixed alot of the other bugs that messed things up, so these are the big things that worry me and prevent me from trying it out again.

Comments

• HeLL_SNXHeLL_SNX Member Posts: 239

Originally posted by Sawtooth

1. Biomek Hazard Kits: When I played these were all bugged after a certain level, so all the biomeks used low level kits. Has this been fixed?

Biomek Hazard is considered the best factional hazard available atm. HUman and Mutant hazards are in need of tweaking some more to increase their usefulness.
    Still a couple of hazard related bugs floating around, but I doubt they are the ones from your days of playing and they are not gamebreaking.
    Also hazard kits just got a tweak so now they are dropping with enhancments on them.

2. Mutant zones: Mutant zones were noticeably inferior in loot and drops when I played, have they revamped the drops?
    I have not played a Mutant upto 80 so I can't comment truthfully on this issue.
    However, some of the strongest PVP teams out there are Mutants which says something.

3. Racial abilities: When I played Humans had terrible racial abilities. The shields were so weak and low that they were pointless. Humans were my favorite race, did they tweak the shields?
    Uptill this most recent version (update 4-which is still in testing on PTS) HUmans were second uber faction. A lot of HUmans left or switched to Mutants after the HUmans got some major neccessary tweakage. There were a lot of unbalanced skills that finally got balanced in line with opposing factions and this was too much for some.

4. Paint Cans: These were such a rare drop you could never get a chasis in the color you wanted past the starter vehicle. Perhaps its cosmetic, but one draw of the game is having a car with a custom paint job, especially if I'm staring at it for hours. Did they increase the drops/make these available for purchase, or some other fix?
    Well you'll be happy to hear that paint can drops aren't rare anymore.
    In fact some have alt mules just for their paint drops along with their gadget drops.
    They don't stack atm.

Thanks. I did enjoy the game, and I assume they fixed alot of the other bugs that messed things up, so these are the big things that worry me and prevent me from trying it out again.
    Yep, a lot ofissues have been addressed. MAinly the skill balancing has been focussed on which has made the PVP aspect (endgame) a lot more playable but a lot less soloable. Gone are the days of the solo PVPer who can take out multiple targets and get away with full health. You will find the most SOlo playable toons to be either the frontline support classes (COnstructors,SHamans, Engineers) or the stealth classes (Agents, Avengers, Bounty HUnters).
    AUnction House is ready along with mail system.
    PVP now drops tokens and arena tournaments will also have token rewards added apparently.

CYa in the wastelands!

WHAT IS AUTO ASSAULT?
    AUTO ASSAULT 14 DAY TRIAL
    "It is the nature of herds that they flock to where there are more of the same not more quality."

• While I'm posting here, I need some class advice (waiting to get home tomorrow and download game). Back in the day I played the fighter classes, Terminator/Champion/Commando. Can you give me an idea of what makes them different from each other?

Originally posted by Sawtooth

While I'm posting here, I need some class advice (waiting to get home tomorrow and download game). Back in the day I played the fighter classes, Terminator/Champion/Commando. Can you give me an idea of what makes them different from each other?

Well as I don't really play the TErminator/COmmando/CHamp classes I can't really help you a lot there except for naming a few skill differences.

Terms have a skill called DUnlops Defence which renders them almost unkillable for a short amount of time. However your weps are disabled during this period.

TErms can 'tank' most classes and have good ram damage as do most tank classes.

They also have some group buffs that increase accuracy and combat attributes.

COmmandos, I really have no idea about, except that the ones I have fought recently. It will be a challenge to make a good COmmando spec from what I have seen.

COmmandos also have a stun attack and a lockdown unlike Terminators who do not.

Not sure about group buffs.

Champs again not much idea about really except the ones I have fought.

At the moment, a lot of the skills are geting revamped, so it wouuld be easier to answer this question in a bout a months time than it is now. Having said that, The TErm/Champ/COm classes are a challenge in themselves to get a good build out of regardless of faction.

For a very basic guide, I advise you look HERE...

Also the Death Dealers have a very good website that is dedicated to Biomeks but also covers a lot of different aspects of the game in all factions.

Check their site out! www.biomek.org

Good luck and cya in the wastelands!

WHAT IS AUTO ASSAULT?
    "It is the nature of herds that they flock to where there are more of the same not more quality."

• FakonamoFakonamo Member Posts: 8
    Hows the population in game?  When I played back at release it was a ghost town I can only imaging how bad it is now.
    its a lot better.

WHAT IS AUTO ASSAULT?

• josjikawajosjikawa Member Posts: 209

wow sweet im gonna play AA again also, i remember the paint beeing so rare  lol good to hear they fixed it.

this game is the only 1 i ever pre-ordered. wonder if i still got my railgun =p annyway the last time i kinda screwed up and only tried going for highest lvl so when this game was officially released we were like lvl40-50 alrdy and got bored cause there were no missions left and i had no ingame friends gotto have to make some fun this time.. team up some more and atleast read the quests lol. just hope i can get trough the registration stuff this time, i remember it was a hell last timei had to pre-order the game back then + if u had no creditcard u had to buy atleast 2 months of gametime also(where i only played 14 days of) or something. lets say i had to spend about 70euro before i could START playing this. annyway my acount should be activated now (even though it still says AA beta lol), ill figure it out.

(1 last thing.. wow!! a 2gb patch thats awsome, they mustve changed allot =) downloading fast also.)

• fgauerfgauer Member Posts: 111

Josj,

Welcome back! I hope you really enjoy it. It seems like there are more players on lately and the game play and community has been fun and enjoyable!

• JeebisJeebis Member Posts: 17
    how is this game i heard it sucked really bad and i have no idea any help
  • SnipehunterSnipehunter Member UncommonPosts: 29
    Originally posted by Jeebis

how is this game i heard it sucked really bad and i have no idea any help

I suppose it depends on what you're looking for in an MMO, but honeslty most of the people I've heard saying this game sucks have literally never played it.  Therefore I find comments on its quality to be suspect, at best. It's better to just download the free 14 day trial and give it a shot and see if it's for you.  It's not your typical MMO, though.  That's for sure.  IT's made to be played in shorter sessions, you can solo a great deal of the game's content and getting to cap (Where the PVP fun starts, and PVP is very fun) doesn't take a lot of time or effort. 

It's an action packed explosion fest on the surface, but if you dig a little deeper there's a lot more to be found.  Especially if you like lore in your MMO worlds.  I play mutant almost exclusively and I'm probably not the guy that should be saying this since anyone that knows me knows that I'm obviously biased, but the mutant lore is some of the best stuff I've ever seen in an MMO.