Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stop Complaining

KorbyKorby Member Posts: 499

You guys need to take a minute and look at what you're saying. "0MG MAPLSTR0RY S0 HRD T0 LVL AND IS S000 B0R1NG".

I find maple story very fun, and the training system is phenomenal. The way your character manages it's skills is fun, because you can fight how YOU want to fight. Even though this game is all about grinding, jumping around and using your attacks is fun, instead of standing in one spot while you press 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 or whatever. Go back to the boring point-and-click 3D MMO's , and stop complaining about MAPLESTORY!

Comments

• mbbladembblade Member Posts: 747

you along with many other people, but you can't ignore that there are more people that find it crappy then any good.

• deadsun7deadsun7 Member Posts: 112

i like the setup of skills ect. ect. but i hate the fact that you have to play the game for so long if they just made it a little easier to lvl up instead of haveing to play the game for a week for 4 hours a day just to go up one lvl and thats if your strong my archer dealt 140 points of damage and was at lvl 16 and i was playing for 5 hours a day for a week and a half before i got up to lvl 17. im sorry but i don't have that kind of time, if i had more time to blow then yeah i would still play it but i have to work and i hate doing the same thing on a game for weeks on end,. I get bored very very quickly.

(\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

• godlikeabtgodlikeabt Member Posts: 2
    Ya Right.... If u play for 5 hours a day for one week u can easily get to lvl 30... It DOES NOT TAKE 5 HOURS TO LVL UP TO LVL 17 WHEN UR LVL 16 .  Dont start giving poeple the wrong impressions on this game because Maplestory is a very good game.
  • deadsun7deadsun7 Member Posts: 112

i admit this game is good but unfortunately this game is difficult to level up for those who are not used to this game style. it is easy to level up if u slaughter monsters left and right for a hour or two, but around lvl 20 or so it becomes even more difficult. this games has come down to being a hacker's game, not to mention the community is complete crap. I've played for about 3 months and met only about 4 people who were even the least bit nice, the greater portion of the people who play this game, are either hackers or talk down to you and flame you for abosolutely no reason what so ever. so far i've played this game and i've reported about 10 people a day for flameing and hacking.

(\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

• da+kidda+kid Member Posts: 9
    id like to play maplestory but it always says you are either offline or maple story is going through a server check got any tips

<(-^_^-)>

• zetaro128zetaro128 Member Posts: 21
    Originally posted by deadsun7

i like the setup of skills ect. ect. but i hate the fact that you have to play the game for so long if they just made it a little easier to lvl up instead of haveing to play the game for a week for 4 hours a day just to go up one lvl and thats if your strong my archer dealt 140 points of damage and was at lvl 16 and i was playing for 5 hours a day for a week and a half before i got up to lvl 17. im sorry but i don't have that kind of time, if i had more time to blow then yeah i would still play it but i have to work and i hate doing the same thing on a game for weeks on end,. I get bored very very quickly.

Haha. Dude i had a lvl 15 bandit and i got him to lvl 45 in like 5 days each day playing for about 4-5 hours. It is not that hard. Also, I have a lvl 70 ranger on MS and it took him like 2 weeks of training for 5 hours a day to get from lvl 60 to 70.

Don't exaturate MapleStory's lvling speed that much dude. getting from lvl 16 to 17 would take like 30 minutes.

Are you having a bad day?
    Simply Alt+F4 and all your troubles will go away!

• Yoda_Yoda_ Member Posts: 25
    Originally posted by Korby

You guys need to take a minute and look at what you're saying. "0MG MAPLSTR0RY S0 HRD T0 LVL AND IS S000 B0R1NG".

I find maple story very fun, and the training system is phenomenal. The way your character manages it's skills is fun, because you can fight how YOU want to fight.  Even though this game is all about grinding, jumping around and using your attacks is fun, instead of standing in one spot while you press 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 or whatever. Go back to the boring point-and-click 3D MMO's , and stop complaining about MAPLESTORY!
    That would be called an opinion everyone is aloud to have one so uh...(calm down crazy)

(\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <) This is Bunny. Bunny is on his way to world domination!

• mixindjmixindj Member Posts: 2
    I admit the game may seem fun at first.  But when you become level 60 or so, it just becomes such a huge grindfest (even more so than before)  You kill the same monster for 10 hours straight and you level.  It is just such a pain to level.  I have been an avid player of Maplestory for about 10 months and it has just gone downhill for me.  I just hate the game now.  The hacker problem is now out of control.  Well thats not fair to say because it has always been out of control.  Maplestory is fun at first but after you play it for a couple of months you just wind up hating it and hoping it would burn. 

It would be better if you had something to look forward to after leveling.  I mean honestly, you're level 60 and you grind like no tomorrow to level.  You're level 100 and you grind like no tomorrow with some little animations of a dragon with wings.  It just feels like a bad part time job that pays you nothing  after pressing ctrl and alt 5 billion times to get to the next level.  I have to admit that the community (aside from the hackers) is not that bad.  I have met a large quantity of people that I can honestly call friends throughout my play on maplestory.

I have recently started playing Rappelz and I haven't logged on Maplestory once.  I also obtained level 80 on maplestory so please don't reprimand me on how "short" i've played this game.  I've played it long enough.
  • StrawberiiStrawberii Member Posts: 11

Originally posted by Korby

I find maple story very fun, and the training system is phenomenal. The way your character manages it's skills is fun, because you can fight how YOU want to fight. Even though this game is all about grinding, jumping around and using your attacks is fun, instead of standing in one spot while you press 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 or whatever. Go back to the boring point-and-click 3D MMO's , and stop complaining about MAPLESTORY!
    Yey.

All I have to say is,

Thank you.

:D

• PkhBaskoPkhBasko Member UncommonPosts: 59

This forum is about people to state their opinions which I enjoy and hope that no one takes that away from this site...I just have a little problem with something on everyone of these forums people just complain about the game which is fine but it has been complained about so much in the past that I do believe it is time to bring it down a notch. I do not believe that more people dislike the game the people like it because if that were true it would not be coming out on the DS. If you do not like this type of hack and slash game then you should not play it, but you have to give MAPLESTORY credit it is a very well made game and the creators put lots of thought into it...Thank You!

• snowmonkysnowmonky Member Posts: 93

MapleStory is a fun, simple game. The grind is the problem.

www.oblinq.com/SnowmonkeysTemple/

• Focus*BankaiFocus*Bankai Member Posts: 219

if i could get it to work i would be happy. the launcher wont even launch game lol

• OlujiwanOlujiwan Member UncommonPosts: 18

Wow, and i thought the hacker forum off maplestory was pathetic.

Ive been playing this game since the beta testing.

i simply love it.

its like....what do people say again....caviar...u need to LEARN how to like it.

I have to say there was a time i wanted to quit with all the hackers,

But that problem is as good as gone ....

Since ive been following a hacker forum i know that people cant bypass Gameguard anymore,

and there is no such thing as a vaccume anymore,

So its pretty much only godmoders.

Anyway

its a great game and u have to be at least 25+ to start having the real fun at it ( getting guilds, job advancement at 30 ) etc etc

and about the grinding....

True it sumtimes comes out of my ass,

But if u have a great guild like i do ( www.ironarrows.com )

it will lvl very fast and with alot of fun

Equilibrium's Community Leader.
    A dedicated Guildwars 2 PvP Guild.