Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can I customive the movement of the car more?

rubydragon5rubydragon5 Member UncommonPosts: 693
I am on the free trial and the only thing annoying me is the movement

I want to hold down the right mouse button and move mouse left and right to be able to turn the car left and right.

I dont mind having to set the accelerate and decelerate key on the keyboard.

Using the arrows is just a pain and very hard to get used to.

Comments

• HeLL_SNXHeLL_SNX Member Posts: 239
    Sorry, as far as I know, the controls are WASD.

You can hold down mouse scroll wheel to look around while you are driving.

Check out the controls in the setup menu for more customisation.

WHAT IS AUTO ASSAULT?
    AUTO ASSAULT 14 DAY TRIAL
    "It is the nature of herds that they flock to where there are more of the same not more quality."

• oXReapeRXooXReapeRXo Member Posts: 4
    Know what would make this game awesome ass all hell? Controller/joy pad support. I didn't even finish the demo when i found out you couldn't use a joy-pad.

Hmm...I know there are keybindings in the control setup for joypads..might be a bit tricky tho. I'll try to find out more about this.

I have heard of players using a steering wheel, which sounds fun.

WHAT IS AUTO ASSAULT?
    "It is the nature of herds that they flock to where there are more of the same not more quality."

• QuicksandQuicksand Member UncommonPosts: 683
    Originally posted by oXReapeRXo

Know what would make this game awesome ass all hell? Controller/joy pad support. I didn't even finish the demo when i found out you couldn't use a joy-pad.
    You can use a joypad. I have when the game launched, I even setup a wheel and peddles controller with it.

www.90and9.net
    www.prophecymma.com

Ahh thanks for the information.

Good news then!

WHAT IS AUTO ASSAULT?

• AlienovrlordAlienovrlord Member Posts: 1,525
    Originally posted by rubydragon5

I am on the free trial and the only thing annoying me is the movement

Using the arrows is just a pain and very hard to get used to.

This is why I tried this game before and quit.    This is why I tried the recent free trial to see if the Developers finally realized the fundamental FLAW in their game and fixed the movement.

But I see the movement is just as bad as before.   The cars don't move like the cars, they bounce around like balloons.  They accelerate far too quickly and slide around like they're driving on soap. 

Maybe the Developers meant to make the movement more 'exciting' but the result is a lousy, chaotic game mechanic that doesn't leave you feeling like you control the vehicle.   I especially enjoy trying to learn the bizarre momentum and physics in the game just so I can move through a lousy gate without getting stuck.

I'm sure some will say that I just need to work on my ubar-leetz driving skillz.  If you have the time waste, go ahead.   I'm not going to waste my time adapting to poorly designed game mechanics.

Judging by the VAST success this game as garnered, I'm not alone.    

This game is dead and let it be a lesson to other MMORPGs out there.   Make a game where it's not a freaking pain just to MOVE your character. 

• DeadJesterDeadJester Member Posts: 499
    the game is alot better then it was in beta  and yes you can use a controller the thing that just didnt sit right with me was the game outside the car  and the citys not being the meca of  the game they need to make this more of a sandbox game and less abut the fact u blow up side railing the game lacks a player base maybe  true player housing or player citys would help this out and make it a force shield that protects from the cars or something  i still think they had a great idea with this game and it is fun  just  not enuff to do  to make me stick around
  • StoneysilencStoneysilenc Member Posts: 369
    Buy better tires and that will help your control of your car.  Also the chassis that you use affects how it drives.  Some cars are absolutely dreadful and will flip if you hit the slightest bump.  Some are a lot better.  But getting better tires and driving on terrain that those tires are rated for help.

Originally posted by Alienovrlord
    I'm not going to waste my time adapting to poorly designed game mechanics.
    Judging by the VAST success this game as garnered, I'm not alone.
    This game is dead and let it be a lesson to other MMORPGs out there. Make a game where it's not a freaking pain just to MOVE your character.

Again your opinion.
    Judging by the fact that this is your second post insisting that this game is dead, you must be really deluded.

Meh in 6 months to a years time when the mechanics are finally sorted out I doubt you will change your tune then even.
    Just another 'I don't like it so I want it to die' type opinion poster.
    PLayers liek you will always find a flaw they don't like and pick on that.
    If you don't like it thats fine. Move along.

WHAT IS AUTO ASSAULT?

• duey100duey100 Member UncommonPosts: 21
    Originally posted by rubydragon5

I want to hold down the right mouse button and move mouse left and right to be able to turn the car left and right.

I'm not sure if this is a new thing or not (I'm just doing the reactivate week thing), but I've got my car set to move with the mouse only.  Hold down left mouse button and the car moves in the direction of the mouse pointer.  Right to shoot, of course. 

But, WASD is pretty standard for PC games and compared with the driving games I've played, it's pretty much the same.  *shrug*  YMMV

Duey