Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EVE Online: Worker Misconduct Allegations Addressed

124»

Comments

• UgottawantitUgottawantit Member Posts: 146

Can anyone say, Lamonde! - BoB. The complete destruction of ASCN.

Enjoy your game ccp, you won't have it much longer.

We are leaving in droves, and yes Wow is silly but fun, and the devs never come in and take away everything you've spent years building.

Stupid CCP, goodbye and good riddence.

• cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228

NOW we have to wait and see what Kieron say
    i am happy whit BPO removed
    BoB director baned
    DEV kicked from CCP

BestSigEver :P

• Lord_StealthLord_Stealth Member Posts: 46
    well its midday friday no word from CCP  (already close of business day for them)

THUS  no info like kieron said was due at start of the weekend

BOTTOM line doesnt take 9 calander days to investigate the issues at hand

guess I can find better use of 3 X 14.95 each month
  • cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228

kieron posted

http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=473335

I’m truly sorry

i don't believe that t20, he know the rule why he break it ? IMHO t20 must be out of CCP

Usually the punishment has been quite simple: termination of employment.

more inc .....

Originally by: SephiraaTHIS IS NOT OVER.

* T20, you claim there were 6 BPOs, but that's not true. There were more. What is the fate of the others? What about these BPOs? When are they being put back in the lottery?
    - Barrage S Blueprint
    - Barrage L Blueprint
    - Inferno Javelin Torpedo Blueprint
    - Malediction Blueprint
    - Quake L Blueprint

* We know there are other Devs still in BoB, and we know their names. What assurance do we have that this kind of corruption has come to an end? Do they need to be exposed as well, or will you make an effort on your own to insure the integrity of fair play in this game moving forward?

* T20 led BoB's capital fleet with full knowledge of the account sharing being used to create the cynonet. Accounts shared by all of the Directors in BoB. Every single one of those accounts should be fully banned, if not every single account owned by the BoB directors who took part in the account sharing. Considering other account sharing players have been banned, the answer about what to do here should be obvious.

* T20 led BoB's capital fleet, with inside knowledge of game mechanics, and somehow BoB just magically happens to control the largest amount of space. Is anything going to be done to balance this unfair advantage given to the BoB alliance?

* The financial gain given to BoB through early, and 'illegal' aquisition of those BPOs has a much large ripple effect in terms of economic and military power that needs to be balanced. What are CCPs plan to right that wrong?

* What is the nature and purpose of the Polaris vessels seen around GoonSwarm's moons as some of them are claiming? How can the players by sure the corruption is not still ongoing?

* Is a further level of scandal required to get LV's ill gotten Mothership removed? It would be sad, but I'm sure the community is willing to produce it, if CCP is unable to police themseves internally, as the Kugutsume's banning, and seeming coverup attempts suggest.

* Unban the whistleblower's account. This shouldn't even be up for debate. This whole scenario is reprehensible, and needs to be set right ASAP.

Personally, I don't care if T20 keeps his job or not, as I imgaine he'll not take such risks again. What I do care about is the negative impact on the entire EVE community, from the ripple effects of his cheating. For example, would ASCN be dead today, if T20 had chosen differently.

There is more required of CCP, and you better not fail us this time.

BestSigEver :P

• diablo2211diablo2211 Member Posts: 5
    tHEY ADMITTED.

I don't doubt at all that all is true that Kugutsman said.

The bastards.

I hope they along BOB rot in hell.
  • ZarniewoopZarniewoop Member Posts: 2
    Those of you that are leaving      Bye      we don’t need you guys

Those of you that have not joined us yet you have no idea what you are missing

Every game is open to abuse and you have to live with it I doubt any one has had there game playing affected in any significant way apart some of the bloated egos that are out there

Eve is a truly magnificent game I do not understand what all the fuss is about I have been in game from the first day and it remains a triumph over adversity for a small game house to develop one of the broadest economic models ever developed the PVP is fantastic .. When you lose it really hurts!! Unlike most of the other games out there

PVE is so wide it is difficult to comprehend you have so many different stories and missions to follow

So chaps please stop bleating
  • jpyrichjpyrich Member Posts: 55
    Originally posted by Zarniewoop

Those of you that are leaving      Bye      we don’t need you guys

Those of you that have not joined us yet you have no idea what you are missing

Every game is open to abuse and you have to live with it I doubt any one has had there game playing affected in any significant way apart some of the bloated egos that are out there

Eve is a truly magnificent game I do not understand what all the fuss is about I have been in game from the first day and it remains a triumph over adversity for a small game house to develop one of the broadest economic models ever developed the PVP is fantastic .. When you lose it really hurts!! Unlike most of the other games out there
    PVE is so wide it is difficult to comprehend you have so many different stories and missions to follow

So chaps please stop bleating
    Yes,you don't know what you're missing.  Pay CCP for the privilege of playing a game with the odds stacked against you.  Just what everyone wants!

Every game is open to abuse, but this is different.  The abuse did in fact happen.  CCP discovered the abuse and deviated from their stated company policy and didn't terminate T20's employment.  They left the BPOs in the game and covered it up.  When this issue came to light, CCP tried twice to state that the issue was closed but the community relented.  Then, we had T20's confession.  Now CCP has declared the issue closed without answering many of the questions of the community.

And the BPOs are only *one* of the many issues.  Not to mention that this isn't the first time that CCP has been caught helping BoB.  *This has happened before.*

In a game like EVE, any kind of Dev/GM help be it inside information or spawning BPOs to give to your friends has an impact on the game.  Would ASCN still be alive without Dev help?  Would BoB even be so big?  We'll never know the answer to those questions, but I'll play the odds.

Please stop trying to whitewash this incident and act like it's no big deal.
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297

I like the community's response to that incident.

Every day more and more groups unite against the alliance (BoB .. Band of Brothers) that got the unfair help from the dev(s). People may not be able to show CCP how pissed off they are  outside of the game short of cancelling their subscription (especially with all relevant posts being near-instantly deleted on the EVE-O forum).

But they can make their displeasure known in game by hitting BoD (Band of Developers) ... and they do. I call that poetic justice.

Have fun

Erillion

• MinscMinsc Member UncommonPosts: 1,353
    Originally posted by Erillion

Every day more and more groups unite against the alliance (BoB .. Band of Brothers) that got the unfair help from the dev(s). People may not be able to show CCP how pissed off they are  outside of the game short of cancelling their subscription (especially with all relevant posts being near-instantly deleted on the EVE-O forum).
    But they can make their displeasure known in game by hitting BoD (Band of Developers) ... and they do. I call that poetic justice.
    Have fun
    Erillion
    Yeah, essentially quit bitching and DO something about it instead of whining, plus there's gonna be a ton of fun PVP as a result.
  • jpyrichjpyrich Member Posts: 55
    Originally posted by Minsc

Originally posted by Erillion

Have fun
    Erillion
    Yeah, essentially quit bitching and DO something about it instead of whining, plus there's gonna be a ton of fun PVP as a result. I did do something about it.  I cancelled my three accounts.  However, there are some players in the community from many different alliances who can't accept that as a valid form of protest and posted harsh words.  So I 'm not really happy with the community reaction as a whole.

I had the hope that continued pressure from the community would lead to further changes in CCP, but they have declared it over and will not allow any more dicussion on the topic.  I'll miss EVE immensely, but I refuse to be treated like that.

It is good to hear that those players that can't bring themselves to quit the game are moving to dismantle BoB.  Best of luck with that endeavour.  Hopefully, the Devs won't be so brazen as to hamper your efforts.
  • MinimumMinimum Member UncommonPosts: 236

I've been following this for awhile now. 

I think this thread is mis named.  It should be "CCP avoids allegations".  

They have introduced their "Head of IA".   Unfortunately, he appears to be one of the guys who investigated the original issues with T20 and did nothing about it.   Yup, we can depend on him.

They continue to refuse to answer the really pertinent questions, such as, why were the T2 BPO's left in game?

They are not addressing anything.   They are just continueing to try and ignore it in hopes people will just go away.

• nubadaknubadak Member Posts: 150
    The reality is a head or two must rolland it hasent happened yet. Thats what we all want  as satisfaction a developer and those respnsible must lose their jobs at cpp. I tnk this will all end when new talent is promoted into their place.

• Whiskey6Whiskey6 Member Posts: 58

"In both cases, these accusations were recently brought forward when a player revealed the identity of numerous CCP employee characters. Since these play characters are known to belong to CCP employees, they will be removed from the game. Many of them have been around since the creation of EVE and it is most unfortunate that these developers are now forced to end their relationships with their in-game friends, but that is our policy when the anonymity of staff members has been compromised.

Last summer, CCP implemented stricter monitoring procedures and audits on all CCP employees' EVE accounts. We are confident that our rigid procedures and protocol will prevent any misconduct or, at least, allow us to quickly discover it, should such an unfortunate scenario arise.

As the community knows well, we at CCP enjoy not only playing EVE Online, but improving EVE and interacting with our playerbase. We feel EVE benefits from the developers playing EVE as any other members of the community do, and to impose artificial limitations -- such as no access to Tranquility or special flagging on a developer's player character -- would greatly hinder the development of EVE."

What I read there was contradictory, they say they are removing compromised characters but I find that exceptionally hard to believe, whats more likely is that they've been renamed and are still roaming around. That last paragraph pretty much sums it up for me, CCP wants their people playing the game, in it up to their ears so to speak. The problem that I see is that this is pretty much just saying we're going to monitor people more closely, but for all intents and purposes it business as usual in Iceland.

Tell the players what they want to hear and cloud it with double speak so the message is moot. So long as the subscriptions keep coming in CCP is happy to shine on their players and let their own Dev's cause mayhem with their advanced knowledge of the game and the available mechanics which can be pushed to the breaking point. Which of course they will just shrug off calling it a feature instead of what it really is an exploit. Only in this particular case they get two for the price of one, they'll be exploiting the game itself and the players who think the playing field is level.

• kano71kano71 Member Posts: 207
    Topic beat to death now move on  or get a life either way. /yawn
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297

Well, we who have to "feel" the effect of the imbalance caused by this worker misconduct every day we log into EVE do not feel that this topic "has been beaten to death".

We still wait for more decisive action from CCP concerning this particular incident AND we still wait for more sweeping changes to the game. That may include changes to the compromised T2 lottery mechanism That may include changes to the way developers participate in the game, making sure that their influence does not ONCE AGAIN affect the balance of power in this single EVE shard of ours.

That especially HAS to include ways to reduce the current effect of metagaming (using out-of-game mechanisms to influence in game events and using in game mechanisms in a way never intended by the developers) on EVE. At the moment this is essentially ruining one half of the game (the 0.0 space alliance/corporation PvP & RvR gaming aspect).  It does not matter how well you play or how good your corporation is - only he who metagames best will win:  Those who log in after the 12th node crash as compared to the one that quits after the 11th node crash. Those who hack other TS servers better than their enemies. Those who use obscure bugs (passive targeters through POS shields anyone ?) better than others.

Until these problems have been solved, CCPs reputation will be tarnished. Until these problems are solved i can only recommend some casual empire gameplay to newcomers in EVE, which means they miss an important part of the EVE experience.

Have fun

Erillion

Originally posted by kano71

Topic beat to death now move on  or get a life either way. /yawn