Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EVE Online: Worker Misconduct Allegations Addressed

Comments

• CydoneCydone Member Posts: 171

More kids, if they arent all gone, will leave beceuase they cannot understand matters, that are not flat out mass media friendly.

This is good. Actualy this was a way to make the community even better.

The stupidity I read is incredible. Dont waste your time on these boards, go get yourself educated.

Yea I got mine so stfu.

Cheers

• Beatnik59Beatnik59 Member UncommonPosts: 2,413

Once again???? CCP isnt SOE

No, but CCP is well on its way to becoming like SOE.

"...when it comes to pimping EVE I have little restraints."
    --Hellmar, CEO of CCP.

"It's like they took a gun, put it to their nugget sack and pulled the trigger over and over again, each time telling us how great it was that they were shooting themselves in the balls."
    --Exar_Kun on SWG's NGE

• HarafnirHarafnir Member UncommonPosts: 1,350

Here.... tin foil hats for everyone. Soon someone will say it was CCP on that green hill the day Kennedy got shot. Amazing way to create imaginary corruption, just because developers play their own game... Never compare your megalomaniac, powergaming, constantly intriguing piece of mush you call brains to a guy that work with a game 8-12 hours a day, then step in for an hour or two to relax.

"This is not a game to be tossed aside lightly.
    It should be thrown with great force"

Originally posted by Beatnik59

Are you delirious?

• eveplayer101eveplayer101 Member Posts: 39
    Originally posted by Harafnir

Here.... tin foil hats for everyone. Soon someone will say it was CCP on that green hill the day Kennedy got shot. Amazing way to create imaginary corruption, just because developers play their own game... Never compare your megalomaniac, powergaming, constantly intriguing piece of mush you call brains to a guy that work with a game 8-12 hours a day, then step in for an hour or two to relax.

i think you need to take your asshat off 
    Originally posted by Cydone

Originally posted by Beatnik59

Are you delirious?

They are about as devious as SOE, they just hide it better.

--Hellmar, CEO of CCP.

"It's like they took a gun, put it to their nugget sack and pulled the trigger over and over again, each time telling us how great it was that they were shooting themselves in the balls."
    --Exar_Kun on SWG's NGE

Seems SOE has formed itself a new expression. Everynow and then in your primary school classes, you will see someone you dont like and say "Oh man, you are so SOE"

Or

"My teacher is so SOEish"

Jesbus bunking crusoe, get real. Its like hearing George Bush talking about Peace and axis of evil. Its an insane world with too many insane extremely and surprisingly unrelfective people.

Originally posted by Harafnir

I don't think anyone is complaining that the devs shouldn't play their own game.  It seems to me though that they can accomplish this without jumping into twink guilds to gloat and pwn all.

--Hellmar, CEO of CCP.

--Exar_Kun on SWG's NGE

What all this DOES show, is that they love their own game so much. And that they are proud of what you can achieve in their own game.

Its just wonderful that we now know for sure that the devs realy play the game.

Human nature fucks things up, true. But it is not any where NEAR the gamebracker DEVs that sits with SOE.

• Rod_BRod_B Member Posts: 203

That devs were in bob, and got known to RKK directors (not to BoB membership overall), is the only true thing in this whole witchhunt.

Yes, one dev won bpo's, just like any regular player did. If you read the statement you can see that Kieron actually says so. The dev left the bpo's with RKK when his identity was discovered more widely and he was forced to remove his active player characters as per CCP guidelines. Leaving your possessions with your corp when you quit is quite normal in a communistic corp. It's what I would do, except that Evolution is even more extreme in our communism and I simply don't even own anything ingame.

All the other tripe, about ebaying, cheating this and that and getting inside information or whatever else is simply conjecture made to look true enough to fuel the already widely spread BoB hatemongery.

You all know what happens in competitive games with the dominant player team right ? Right, they get constant accusaiotns form sore losers. That's what this is.

• spatulukspatuluk Member Posts: 7
    So there are devs playing EVE? OMG! That means they must all be cheating and abusing their powers, coz there's no way they'd be playing using a standard account like the rest of us so that they can enjoy the game they've taken so much care creating..

So just coz someones job is a dev, they shouldn't be allowed to play EVE at all?  I'm sure CCP have strict regulations on abuse of power and divulgance of information, and it sounds like that's exactly what's being investigated.  If any dev's been cheating, I expect they'll ban them like they'd ban anyone else for exploiting, but with a bonus of being fired for breach of contract! 

At the moment, all CCP sound sure of is that someones true identity has been rumbled, therefore sparking a bunch of whines from people who can't comprehend that maybe, just maybe, all they were doing was enjoying a good game.  I feel sorry for the innocent devs who've lost their characters because of this.
  • KniknaxKniknax Member UncommonPosts: 576

I've been playing EvE for a few months now, really enjoying it.

But.. the one thing I dont understand in all this is, who is this Bob fella and why dont they just ban him if he cheated? Thats what they do in other MMO's.  In the meantime cant you just /ignore bob? does this work with EvE?

"When people don't know much about something, they tend to fill in the blanks the way they want them to be filled in. They are almost always disappointed." - Will Wright

Originally posted by Rod_B  
    That devs were in bob, and got known to RKK directors (not to BoB membership overall), is the only true thing in this whole witchhunt.
    ----------------------------------
    This is posted by a member of BOB, thx

So wouldnt you agree, that kug was right in some respect to do what he did.

Those RKK leadership, e.g. CEO / Directors should recieve a ban in their wrong doing and abusing the powers of the DEV? and not reproting the dev for revealing himself, which is against their policies?

PS.. i'll take a screenshot just incase you decide to delete your post

Originally posted by Rod_B 
    All the other tripe, about ebaying, cheating this and that and getting inside information or whatever else is simply conjecture made to look true enough to fuel the already widely spread BoB hatemongery.

I beg to differ...

BTW.. every word that comes out of a BOB mouth now is a lie, e.g. if you dont like anything on the CAOD forums in EVE-O, all BOB will do is flame and troll to get the thread locked...

Have fun, the end is nigh!!
  • diablo2211diablo2211 Member Posts: 5
    Quoted from some previous messages:

These Qs weren't answered, they'd better answer them in time:

"Was or wasn't Dianabolic sworn to secrecy by CCP? I can't find that out in kierons post. Did RKK get 10 T2 BPO:s off Ishos (a developer called t20) when he was outed as an developer by someone? I can't find that answer in kierons post either. If so, is that ok with CCP? Exactly how did Dianabolic know Ishos was outed as a dev by an alt and not someones main? Why was that person afraid (sensible enough) a mere player like Dianabolic should get information on who petitioned Ishos as a dev to get him out of Band of Developers to use an alt and not his main?"

"BoB should be disbanded and anyone in BoB who was directly interacting in a manner not in keeping with the rules should be banned."

I wouldn't go on disbanding them, only deleting accounts and property of ppl who are guilty.

"One of my friends  (BOB corp member) said to me "PA didn't won the war. We are just moving to Delve now Blood will come there. It will be a rich area".  One month later, Blood (NPC Pirate Faction) moved to Delve (as ingame Event)."

"13 new complexes moszt in BOB controlled areas with new patch!" out of 17 introduced (talking about only those that are good for earning money!

I saw it with my eyes. (that BOB cheat/use exploits)

When we managed to destroy (ASCN) a POS in OOYZ (The system that went offline all the sudden with all posses without warning) we put a small one and a few guns on it. We had a senior manager who knew how to setup POS around. POS was fueled, guns fueled and anchored, ammo put in.

Guns wouldnt work. Carrier that was in the shield got targeted by all bobbits (10 of them) that came in. Usualy, you can't target anything within POS shield (and cant target from within to outside the shield) bu they could.

It was 1.5 month later that other ppl attacking LV POSes and ships were accused of using passive targeters exploit?!!!!

NO ONE FROM BOB WAS Punished for that incident.

Similar happened during summer in BOB controlled space when other attackers deployed their POS and were killed within...
  • HueTheHandHueTheHand Member Posts: 3
    just to let you know the poses in that system went off line because BOB payed a member of the corp that poot them up to tun them off

and on the pos guns is they were not online yet win bob was at the pos bob  left right before they were on lined and ammo poot in to them

and on the cap ship it was axuley about 10k outside of the bubble

stop whining and FIGHT BOB in game just because they have the best pvpers in eve and you can not defeat them they must be cheaters  BS grow a paire and FIGHT not make up falls alagations  just rember 1 thing I sum one can hack they can also steal ISPs and make false posted to implicate people that are not reley involved so get a life and play the game

O yeah and you all say all bob corps have 10 + T2 bpos DICE has 0 T2 bpos

Enter dark Ebonlore wil rule u all

• diablo2211diablo2211 Member Posts: 5
    Originally posted by HueTheHand

just to let you know the poses in that system went off line because BOB payed a member of the corp that poot them up to tun them off

and on the pos guns is they were not online yet win bob was at the pos bob  left right before they were on lined and ammo poot in to them

and on the cap ship it was axuley about 10k outside of the bubble

stop whining and FIGHT BOB in game just because they have the best pvpers in eve and you can not defeat them they must be cheaters  BS grow a paire and FIGHT not make up falls alagations  just rember 1 thing I sum one can hack they can also steal ISPs and make false posted to implicate people that are not reley involved so get a life and play the game

O yeah and you all say all bob corps have 10 + T2 bpos DICE has 0 T2 bpos
    Are you nuts?

I was looking at aftershock's carrier WITHIN shields of POS being shot at!

Even if you try to explain all the previous things you mentioned, YOU CAN'T SHOOT at things IN POS.

Unless you have knowledge of exploiting...
  • AumanAuman Member Posts: 1
    Personally I think you're all mad to believe the "proof" of a self confessed hacker over the games company you've been paying $15 a month to. CCP haven't finished the investigation and more will be posted anyone going nuts over this now is risking looking very stupid later on.
    Well,

i seriously doubt CCP are going to be able to brush this huge pile of shit under their carpet.

they seriously need to pull their heads out of SirMolle's ass and do something, at the moment, they look very corrupt.

for the last 3 years, i have had 3 accounts, thats approx 540 euro's per year, never again, till this shit is sorted, hope the community pulls out too.

thats my final word on the subject
  • markofmarkof Member Posts: 5

to let you know jayanti, BOB is an alliance of corpo and one of the largest from what i can read.

i think that all this is lot of noise, let's have faith in CCP if any one has cheated as a player (a dev, a gm or a plain no one like all of us doesnt matter at all), and CCP is abel to track the cheating, they will, i'm sure of that take the right action to punish the cheater and to as far as possible correct the mishif.

if the cheating is  related with internal acces to the game or internal ccp news so the retribution will for sure go to the real world too.

devs play the game, great, i do hope so !!!!!!

devs cheat, ok they cheat, like all other cheater they should be baned, if they dont cheat and that their dev status dont give them any sort of adventage on us all why should they loose their pilots ???? who knows bill gates might be playing EVE and so as he runs windows he should be baned ??? just cause he might use his position to cheat ?, as long as he dont he should not and the same is for all the CCP devs and staff ...... as long as they dont cheat !

• spatulukspatuluk Member Posts: 7
     YOU CAN'T SHOOT at things IN POS.

Unless you have knowledge of exploiting...
    umm.. he said the POS was offline, which means the shield was offline. If shield was offline, there's nothing to protect ships from being targetted.  Maybe the POS you speak of was online, tho. In which case, yeah - exploiting gits! 

Anyway, I'm just pondering this in my head, so forgive me if I'm talking rubbish - I wasn't there and probably have no reason commenting. I have no love for BoB, mind you..  I just can't stand it when people shout HAX all the time. 
    Originally posted by Auman

Personally I think you're all mad to believe the "proof" of a self confessed hacker over the games company you've been paying $15 a month to. CCP haven't finished the investigation and more will be posted anyone going nuts over this now is risking looking very stupid later on.

Kugutsumen doesn't take $30 off my credit card each month in exchange for a game they assure is fair.

Kugutsumen doesn't boast about how much better he is than everyone else, or how much the devs and game love him, over all the others.

Kugutsumen doesn't have the devs bend over backwards to protect him, when his words and actions get him into trouble.

That being said, if it were any other alliance, or any other players, we might give those players the justice, mercy, or fairness BOB is now begging to receive.

But this is BOB we are talking about, who has never once acted with justice, mercy, or fairness toward anyone.  In fact, they gloat at their ability to shrug off such considerations whenever it suits them, and see their power as needing no justification.  Do you really think that if BOB somehow shakes this rap, they'll learn a little humility, and decency?  Get real.

If he is a hacker, then the evidence is genuine.  If he is a liar, then he's not a hacker.  Either way, I don't really think anyone at this point really cares to hear BOB's side of the story, because to be quite honest, that's what BOB has taught us to do in matters like this.  The truth of whatever is up there, or the motives of the source are inconsequential.  It is in our interest to believe that its all true about BOB and CCP, and that alone is sufficient justification to believe it.

I mean, why should anyone care that justice is done for BOB, and these devs?  When BOB gets knocked down, everyone else who is not BOB stands to gain.  When CCP loses subs, there will be more for the rest of us who stay.  I mean, we all know someone in EVE who was banned for things they didn't do, and we never cared then.  Why should we care now?

--Hellmar, CEO of CCP.

--Exar_Kun on SWG's NGE

• ezra-sezra-s Member Posts: 14
    I dont say the whole BOB of course.

But I believe Kuguts blogs, too much to fake. BOB leadership has proven to be a bunch of rotten corrupted eve-players, ebayers and many of the worst things they have accused others about in the past.

I remember DigitalCommunist saying that if there was something wrong in BOB he would fight as hard to eliminate it.. as hard as all hist efforts spoiling shit over ASCN and his personal crusade to the evil CYVOK and his quotes on his blogs in ASCN forums.

About CCP, not a problem with CCP-devs playing the game. I do have a problem if they favour their friends in the game giving them info about events, not to metion tech2 blueprints, clearly favouring those close to them when they should favour all eve players equally.

A dev can play in an alliance, but that Alliance must not get anything from CCP other alliances can get.

CCP will try to diminish what has happened and wont tell any of the results, if there are any. Im sure.

Btw, word says is Kieron himself one of the devs involved.. and that tells much about how honest the investigation is going to be.
  • jpyrichjpyrich Member Posts: 55
    I have no problem with BoB getting the BPOs *if* the BPOs were obtained fairly in the game.  If I were to be given a top position in a major alliance, I might very well do the same thing.  However, the question remains as to how that Dev got so many T2 BPOs at that point.  In the leaked posts, the BoB players were saying that the BPOs were gained fairly even when the Dev had to leave the alliance.  I can't blame them for holding onto the BPOs if they thought that there was no wrongdoing.

Many of the other issues in the leaked posts cast a bad light on BoB.  The reaction of the BoB posters makes me sure that these issues have not been created and actually did happen.  However, I don't really see that any of these issues are actionable.  They certainly do tarnish BoB's image and they'll have to deal with that.

If any of the posts show that BoB has been knowingly been using exploits, then they should be treated the same as any other exploiter.  Any transfers from that player should be reversed and any detrimental effects to other players should be reversed.  I'm not an ASCN fan, but I would include returning their Titan as well any conquered space if it were applicable.

There are three bigger issues that people are missing in all of the BoB hate.  First, CCP allows Devs/GMs to accept high level positions in major Corps/Aliances in the game.  Devs/GMs will have inside information that *will* affect their decisions in the game and when they are in high level positions, their decisions are a guiding force.  Devs/GMs should be banned from taking on these roles.

Second, if a Dev/GM breaks the rules their character should be *deleted* with all of its assets even if they were transferred to another players. This should be stated clearly and would make a Dev/GM think twice about breaking the rules.  However, if the identity of a Dev/GM is revealed by another player and the Dev/GM didn't do anything wrong, then a rename and avatar change is the acceptable answer as there would be nothing gained by revealing the name of a Dev/GM.

Third, there have been far too many "conincidences" of players being in the right place at the right time for events.  Far too many instances to be ignored.  The only conclusion is that event information is being leaked.  CCP needs to address this issue in a strong fashion.  I would go so far as disbanding AURORA and move all of work regarding events in-house.  In addition, those working on the events should not be allowed to play.

CCP needs to not only investigate this issue and respond to any incidents of misconduct, but they need to revisit their rules for Dev/GM participation in the game and take steps to prevent information leaks.

For my part, I'll wait and see what CCP does before deciding on my future in EVE.  However, most of my Corp are now playing other games.  They lost their desire to play when these issues were brought to light.  All of our accounts are paid for a few months and our decision to renew will be entirely based on how CCP handles this situation.
  • WARCRYtmWARCRYtm Member Posts: 875

At last EVE Devs play their game.

Not like Vanguard devs that play WoW

"One of the most important things to us is to prove out that time spent in Vanguard is more important than time spent in other games. Because, I'm tight on time - I'm trying to level a character up to level 70 in World of Warcraft, and I've got more level 60s that need to be leveled up than you could imagine. And I can't divide my time up between multiple MMOs very effectively, there's just too much stuff going on. So, I want to know what I'm getting for my time investment to be worth something."

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/vanguard-saga-of-heroes/761165p3.html