Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why Tibia is the best MMORPG.

Comments

• FaituFaitu Member Posts: 90

Never will I respect a game that offers the "feature" of allowing a small group of players to decide whether your character is good enough to exist in their world or not.

• Hammertime1Hammertime1 Member Posts: 619

"In total time, I've spent around 5000 hours playing this game.

Sad?"

This is meant as an observation, not a flame, but I gotta point this out....... if you played 5000 hours in 12 hour blocks per day, that's 416 days of play.

OH MY GOD.

At age 17 you should be studying, going outside to play, maybe dating. Spending that much time playing a gane is a destructive influence on your life, you are missing out on literally the last time that you'll have care-free time to yourself before you start work/career/college...and you're wasting that behind a computer screen.

Haven't your parents voiced concern over your amount of time spent playing?

Or am i just being old fashioned and all kids do this now?

And please take this in the spirit that I've presented it, I would be extremely concerned if I had a child that did this.

• wacyswacys Member Posts: 4

I played this game a lot,with pauses,but i wont stop playing it now :)

• blackhawk432blackhawk432 Member UncommonPosts: 138

IMO:

If Tibia is such a well rounded game and so fun and exciting:

1. Add some fucking music... seriously

2. I get the same graphics from my Sega/Nintendo... time to fucking upgrade.

3. The in game tutorial should be enough say, "Well this was one pointless download."

• sukenslayr1sukenslayr1 Member Posts: 1

well, I'v been playing tibia for 6 years and still play on a regular basis.

Basically any complaints I'v heard about tibia is that it's to hard to level, or the death penalties are to high.

Tibia is for HARDCORE gamers and if you can't take the heat of the game don't even bother starting OR complaining about noobs ks'ing shit.

If a noob steals one of my kills i'l kill him, or take him to red and say leave.

I play amera witch happens to be the world known for the most clan wars.

Most players leave you alone if you have any amount of respect or knowledge of how the community created rules of the server work. For example, in alot of tibia servers you leave a label at the entrance of the hunting place saying "Jiwin Jagana Hunting here", with "NEXT:" under it.

If your a new player, find a guild, OVERALL the game is made alot easier if you come in with friends or know people in rl.

Again, Hardcore Gamers Only

Play Tibia if and only if you are up to the challenge.

• neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681

no game is hardcore, for a game to be hardcore when you die in the game yould have to die in real life, its as simple as that, no permanent real life death?  then your silly video game isnt hard core at all.

• XokiruXokiru Member Posts: 2

It's different from others mmorpg, it has something that makes it call more than game... I was the same critic as you guys when I first time saw Tibia, I was like wtf, who would play this piece of sh**. But after I played a month I realised, that this is x100 better then any other mmorpg, it will become not your game, it will become your life... I managed to stop playing this after 3 years, but most people who started, never ended...

• DaikataroDaikataro Member Posts: 9

Well, i've played tibia for about a year and a half, my main char is daikataro, a lvl 99 EK who lives in shanera, i have a few hidden mages i used in last war who are around lvl 45 (for SDs), so i think i know what i'm talking about when i say tibia is NOT the best MMORPG, not even among the top 10

I must add i gained all those levels without using any bots whatsoever, regardless of the many, many times my friends offered me a bot key for tibia cash, i got offer for tibiabot NG, elfbot NG and blackD tools, all of them for 40-50k each, very cheap, or register my e-mail so i could generate keys of my own for 280k, why i didn't use any bots? maybe because i'm too stubborn about games, if you don't have the time or patience to play, why play at all? i learned why later on

On 2008, the chances to get caught botting were ridiculous, all you had to do was avoiding afk botting and you would NEVER get banished, because all the above mentioned bots have alarms that make a loud and annoying noise when someone attacks you, blocks your waypoint or a GM logs in, so all you had to do was pausing the movie you were watching or running from the kitchen to your PC and answer a few stupid questions from the GM: "are you a bot?" no, "can you count with me from 30 to 40?" sure, 30, 31..., "now backwards" allright, 40, 39... and that was it

On 2009, CIP promised to be harsh on cheaters, we all had very hi hopes on the new "massbans" their bot-catching tool caused, on the first month it sure caused a big ruckus, bots were afraid to login, online numbers dropped due to the lack of bots, the owner of blackD tools offered 500 euros to whoever "got a CIP member drunk enough to reveal how their massban tool works"

However, after a month passed, everything went back to normal (normal is not equal to fine), bots started logging in again, makers once again took over rotworm and tortoise caves, and those who had no criminal record entries kept on botting on their mains, due to the fact CIP's punishment for botting is ridiculous, a 30 day holiday they can spend botting another char and a bad boy, don't bot "final warning" that goes away in 6 months, no level/skills loss, no loss of items or gold, no further consequences, it's like you rob a bank and go to jail for 5 years, but when you go out you can keep the money you stole from the bank, damn i would go for it, 3-5 years on a medium security prision (with chance of parole) in exchange for 500k-1 million dollars doesn't seem like such a bad deal

So overall, botters realized how stupid the massbans are, i'll explain in simple numbers, we have around 250k registered tibia accounts, now let's be optimist and say less than half the community bots, only 100k accounts, each massban swipes 2,500 accounts every 2 weeks, that's 2,500/100,000 = 25/1,000 = 2.5% chance to get caught every 2 weeks, now consider you're not stripped of anything when you're caught, and you will realize botting is really worth the while, you can get 10k per day on a low level char, now imagine a lvl 99 EK all day long at banuta apes or chor lizards, even a scarab cave would do, that's no less than 50k per day on gold and valuables

A few months ago they implemented an idea with 3 votes in favor and around 13 pages against (and a lot of more of flaming), the freemium week, during 7 days we had crowded servers, noob pk teams in edron and darashia, overcrowded spawns, noobs asking for free items on premium depots, a bunch of noobs spamming "onde caço eu" or "blok monster pra mim", we had to take the line to login as a paying premium account for christ's sake!!!! needless to say botters were the ones who got the best part of this, since their free acc makers were suddenly able to complete paradox tower, arito's task, some even made POI, there were around 70 pages of complains on official discussion thread, plus a petition on proposals boards with over 500 signatures that said "free premium should be for everyone", as a kind of response we got "your feedback has been considered and will be discussed internally, we will give you an answer shortly", 4 months later we got that answer from an arrogant GM who i'm sure gave me a criminal notation for my signature, the answer was listing the premium benefits and saying we lost none of them during those 7 days, and that therefore we didn't deserve any kind of compensation, here's the original text from GM lycant (Post #25135866 on tibia's official forums):

It seems that your memory is not as good as you think it is, since this matter was discussed and concluded shortly after several players kicked up a fuss. However, I will be kind enough to refresh your memory.

First of all, let me remind you that none of the services you are entitled to receive as a paying Premium customer were affected by the decision to give Premium access to non-paying customers. In case you have forgotten what services you are entitled to receive as a Premium player, I will list them below:

# Access to Premium Areas

# Transportation

# Improved Login

# Cool New Spells

# Character Promotions

# Improved Stamina

# Renting Houses

# Guild Leadership

# Access to a Premium-Only Game World

# Improved Chat Options

# Larger Depots

As you can see, the decision to grant Premium status to non-paying customers did not remove your access from Premium Ares, it did not prevent you from using Magic Carpets and boats, it did not prevent you from bypassing the login queue (unless the server was under extreme load), you did not lose your spells or promotions, your stamina was not reduced, you did not lose your house, you were still able to be a leader (or vice-leader) of a guild, you still had access to Premia, you kept your improved chat options and your depots still held a maximum of 2000 items.

Now, it seems you are under the incorrect impression that being a paying customer entitles you to less crowded spawns and less 'chaos'. As you can clearly see from the list of Premium benefits above, 'Less Crowded Spawns' and 'Less Hindrance From Other Players During Gameplay' are NOT listed as Premium features, and therefore, you are NOT entitled to receive them.

So, since you do not pay to receive any of the things you claim you were unable to receive while non-paying customers were given Premium access, and you did not lose any of the services that you DO pay for during this period, the decision was to award no compensation to any paying customer who was unhappy with the decision to grant non-paying customers Premium access. As Cip doesn't promise you either 'Less Crowded Spawns' or 'Less Chaos' if you are a paying customer, they are under no obligation to compensate you.

I hope that you memory is now refreshed and that even though you may be unsatisfied that you are not receiving compensation for that week, you are at least satisfied as to the reasons why.

Lyc

But what really gets on our last nerve is CIP's tendence to "we know it all, shut up", their constant ignoring of player demands along with a lousy customer support and only 3 people gathering feedback from 50k players on forums don't speak too well of their customer support, most, if not all responses at tech support are given by players, also most of them are like this: "tibia is fine, tibia is perfect, the problem is your PC or your internet connection". I've visited the forums of WoW and you see a totally different story there, as soon as a question comes up at tech support you see a post from a GM saying "we need this info" and after the player gives the info they say "try this, if it doesn't work try that", and eventually they solve the problem, now THAT is customer support, not the "we're sorry for the inconveinences" you get from CIP

A while ago, CIP made a patch that supposedly fixed hacklink security, as a result thousands of clients crashed with no appearing reason, and hundreds of players (including me) died due to the fact our client crashed when we were hunting, a GM posted "the crash has not affected as many clients as you think, server resets are only taken when most or all players on a server are affected by a critical error, therefore a reset is not a measure we will take", in a nutshell they just don't care, a little later they released a poll asking if we would recommend tibia, and several pages of negative feedback must've shocked them at least a bit, on OCT 6 they gave 7 days premium to players affected by patch as a form of compensation, in shanera you can get 3 months premium for 300k, that's 100k per month, each month is 30 days so 3.33333333k per day, so we got around 22k as compensation each, i lost 79k just for a full set of blessings, plus i lost 400k exp that are not easy to gain back as a knight, so that's at least 40k for potions, 22k is not even 20% of what i lost, but at least we got something

That patch was just the spark that ignited the powder keg CIP was sitting on, a lot of players including me will retire due to the horrible customer support we get, i'm just playing due to the fact i still have premium left and i won't waste my cash since i already paid for it, i should have been lvl 100 over a week ago, but i stopped playing after i died to the client crash, i lost 5 days waiting for a compensation from CIP, so technically i only got 2 days premium (7k) for my losses, at this point i can't say i won't start botting since it seems to be the only way to gain back what CIP has taken away from me, and also the only way to keep up with all other botters who just set up a script and leave the bot do all the work, what's there to lose? 30 days premium? pffffff, a bot can do more in 1 week than i can do manually in 30 days, a final warning? i'm not gonna keep playing anyway so who cares, reputation at forums? i already stated i'll stop fighting botters and also stated i became part of the problem (didn't specify WHICH problem tho) so i don't care as well

There are also many other factors like CIP's incompetence to enforce their own rules, the fact power abuse will be legalized after autumn patch, the elimination of the PvP factor with the 2 seconds exhaust at changing floors and the 20 unjusts per guy, the "long duration" yellow skull that allows unmarked players to kill you with no penalty and many, many more, still the main reason i'm quitting is the lousy customer service, and i'll remark it, Tibia is NOT the best MMORPG aviliable, not even among the top 10, not even close to that

Haikus are easy
    But they don't always make sense
    Refrigerator

• Neut101Neut101 Member Posts: 5
    Originally posted by Strayko
    I still think this is the best MMORPG I've ever played.

I'm sorry for u !

I Don't care if i'm right i just care to have the true
    -Neut101-

• cire2003cire2003 Member Posts: 3

Most of the rpg are insanly 2 easy. This game gives challenge even for the highest lvls. I played WOW and Atlantica online. Both are so easy that they get boring after a month. In tibia, as soon as you get lvl 50+, this game get fun and higher u get, more its fun. ~lvl 50 can be get in 2weeks easilly for a new player~. The vocations are well balanced and all got there reason to be. In mostly all the sick hunts u can imagine in the higher lvls (100-150+) can be rlly advantaged by a mix of different vocation (like 2-5 players).

This game aint for nbs. It require time and the death is well penalised. So skills are requiered!

• Frostbite05Frostbite05 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,880
    Originally posted by cire2003

Most of the rpg are insanly 2 easy. This game gives challenge even for the highest lvls. I played WOW and Atlantica online. Both are so easy that they get boring after a month. In tibia, as soon as you get lvl 50+, this game get fun and higher u get, more its fun. ~lvl 50 can be get in 2weeks easilly for a new player~. The vocations are well balanced and all got there reason to be. In mostly all the sick hunts u can imagine in the higher lvls (100-150+) can be rlly advantaged by a mix of different vocation (like 2-5 players).

This game aint for nbs. It require time and the death is well penalised. So skills are requiered!

no mmo is very challenging the only difference is the time it takes to get max level.

• BunglermooseBunglermoose Member Posts: 63

Oh, hey, I remember that game! I used to play that game... Ultima IV, right? I had it for the Commodore 64.

• cire2003cire2003 Member Posts: 3

theres no lvl limit :p

i played a few other mmorpg like WOW and Atlantica online.. both were 2 easy... when u look those games its rlly for lazy ppl lol. atlantica got the "auto crafting", WOW got the addons ~wich are nothing more then a bot that blizzard accept~. after i got max lvl on those 2, i played a bit raids, pvp and such but got bored so fast...

• JonathanQ917JonathanQ917 Member Posts: 8

Originally posted by sukenslayr1

well, I'v been playing tibia for 6 years and still play on a regular basis.

Basically any complaints I'v heard about tibia is that it's to hard to level, or the death penalties are to high.

Tibia is for HARDCORE gamers and if you can't take the heat of the game don't even bother starting OR complaining about noobs ks'ing shit.

If a noob steals one of my kills i'l kill him, or take him to red and say leave.

I play amera witch happens to be the world known for the most clan wars.

Most players leave you alone if you have any amount of respect or knowledge of how the community created rules of the server work. For example, in alot of tibia servers you leave a label at the entrance of the hunting place saying "Jiwin Jagana Hunting here", with "NEXT:" under it.

If your a new player, find a guild, OVERALL the game is made alot easier if you come in with friends or know people in rl.

Again, Hardcore Gamers Only

Play Tibia if and only if you are up to the challenge.

If the PvP found in tibia is considered "hardcore" then I advise you check out alliance vs. alliance battles on EVE.....holy freaksauce they are "hardcore"...Tibia PvP is sorta...*holds ctrl, aim... then click* *hits f1 for spell* *cheer* I do have a few broken years of tibia under my belt so I am not a random troll but jsut saying. for those who are screaming that this is a game for hardcore people only etc...it definatly isnt...I can barelyt even find someone who doesnt say "bra?" to me (they mean brazil I think...) and yeah....gotta play a game with more english speakers...at least on american servers...

• dartjatdartjat Member Posts: 7

No, tibia is not the best MMORPG, and its not even close to that. Why? because it contains many flaws.

I like tibia, but i dont think its the best MMORPG, it may be good, but its not the best.

hope its clear.

you may hate me, you may love me, but i will remain the same.

• DeathageDeathage Member CommonPosts: 146

Originally posted by dartjat

No, tibia is not the best MMORPG, and its not even close to that. Why? because it contains many flaws.

Tibia has a strange place amongst modern mainstream MMOs in that it really is the antithesis of what most modern players have come to expect in an MMO:  newer games increasingly rely on instanced pre-scripted combat scenarios, fluid fast-paced gameplay, and intense PVP action.

In contrast, where Tibia really shines is in the game's social atmosphere. I'll try to list as many of the aspects that I think of which make this game so special to the relatively small niche that plays it (Nowadays that number is closer to 30k regular daily players; CipSoft has really started to neglect the free players in recent years, and that fact coupled with their recent "war on botting" has produced a significantly smaller population. Rest assured, the premium lands and even free lands are still densely populated.)

1) Small world size (shards) creates a more tight knit community. Each world (roughly 500-800 people playing at a given time) has its heroes, its villains, its "great guilds," "rich guilds/players," etc. To a certain extent, it could be said that each world has its own player-driven "lore" or background. If you are a newbie and talk to a person who has been playing the server long enough, they can probably tell you who to call on in times of need ("I forgot my rope!",) who not to mess with, who the great players/mythic (retired) players are, and which guild is currently in "control" of the server. 

2) Lack of instancing creates spawn contention. Better spawns (faster exp/hr or better loot) are more likely to be taken, and so when you go to a certain spawn and it is taken, you are faced with options: you can be reasonable, polite, and ask the player how long they will be there, which may lead to you being friends which opens up other possibilities. Another option would be to tell them to leave, threatening to bring death upon them in the form of a high level friend. A final option would be to be more straightforward; simply attack them until one of you dies or runs. Depending on who is in the spawn, any one of these options could lead to success or utter failure. Every option has a trade-off.

3) Housing is a big deal. Really, its only as big of a deal as you make it. I don't have a house, nor are there any game-breaking disadvantages to NOT having a house (sleeping in beds allows you to regenerate hp/mana/stamina while offline.) The real reason houses can be a big deal is because, unlike many 3d mmos, you can place objects from your inventory in the game world without deleting them. In houses, these objects stay indefinitely (as long as you pay rent,) leading to some great decoration (Tibia's isometric view allows players walking by houses so see what is in the house.) Also, since space is scarce, some houses (larger ones that see more walk-by traffic) are constantly owned by one high level player or another displaying their epic lootz from monsters that lower levels could only dream of facing. There are even competitions on Tibia's many fansites giving in-game rewards for "best house" competitions (CIP will pixelate and reward players with personalized, inscribes trophies from accredited fansites.) Finally, again due to scarcity of housing, players actively buy and sell houses, creating a crude real estate market.

4) Inter-personal skills and political savvy (or lack thereof) really show in Tibia. Expanding a bit on points 1 & 2, the way you present yourself really has an effect on how far you make it in any given world. If you are a brute, an idiot, a racist, or just a chronic noob, odds are good that you will be killed/shrugged off of a world unless your "in" with the current ruling guild. Conversely, if you are gracious and helpful, odds are good you will find a great many friends. In neither case are the outcomes certain, though. It is possible to be gracious but make friends with the wrong people (if your new friends decide to try to take on the current power system and fail.) You could also be a total asshole, but if you are in with the right people, no one will ever be able to do a thing. How you make friends and who you make friends with will be the difference between getting run through hard hunting spots which give insane exp/loot and getting hunted mercilessly off of a server. Until a few years ago this could be taken to the extreme: sometimes people get "rooked" when they pissed someone off too badly. This means that they got killed back to the starting island (levels 1-7,) and all the hours and items you gained are lost (and trust me, some people spent hundreds of hours getting what they had.)

Summary: Tibia is more of a social game and is much less action-oriented than modern MMOs. I believe this is why so many get turned off of the game early (along with a fairly steep learning curve.) Scarcity of resources (hunting spots as well as equipment, potions, and runes) forces interaction between players and groups of players. Scarcity leads to interaction, which in turn leads to both bonds of friendship and sparks of animosity which can sometimes culminate in war. Those seeking constantly engaging PVE or PVP will be disappointed. Leveling and gaining skills in Tibia is a grind in the old school sense, only expanded indefinitely because of a lack of skill/level caps. It seems, though, that leveling and skilling (you have to train with other players, again forced interaction, to raise one's skills) are simply a means to an end, not an end itself. Higher skills lead to higher levels which lead to more money with leads to more power, which is really the ultimate goal of guilds and players. The ability to exert one's will in the game, deciding who does and does not prosper on the server, is what ultimately gives players their sense of satisfaction and accomplishment: it is in effect the feeling an Olympian god would feel upon looking down and seeing his/her followers prosper over other gods' followers. In this way, I believe Tibia is a more merciless and realistic "world" than most modern-day MMOs. Every players has a sense that there is a chronological progression from one "age" to the next, an age being the period of time a guild has "possession" of the server, as opposed  to so many MMOs today where one day is indiscernible from the next. One age may be characterized as golden, in which high levels deal with other players fairly and reasonably, the next characterized by the iron grip of the controlling guild, who monopolize hunting spots and force price fixes, which will inevitably lead the lowly players of the world to unite and force the despotic guild off the server.

A comment on recent (past 3-4 years) changes to the game: If I had written this a few years ago, I would have also included the rune-based player-driven economy and skill-based shooting of runes for mages (point-and-click) as points of excellence on behalf of Tibia. Unfortunately, due to the repetitive nature of PVE, there was a surge of professional bots with built-in rune makers and auto-aimers that prompted CipSoft to respond with built-in aimbots (known as hotkeys in most MMOs) and NPC-sold runes. It used to be that a players skill determined how well they could hunt or PVP (mages had to aim at targets, knights and paladins had to heal themselves, and your life and damage output depended on how quickly and accurately you could do this) and that runes were a strictly mage business, which stimulated the in-game economy and got gold moving around, which made the game more equitable for those with good business sense. Though equipment and items (excluding some quest items) are still sold on the open market, it is not as massive an entity today as it once was.

• RafadotnechiRafadotnechi Member UncommonPosts: 90

Originally posted by Deathage

Summary: Tibia is more of a social game and is much less action-oriented than modern MMOs. I believe this is why so many get turned off of the game early (along with a fairly steep learning curve.) Scarcity of resources (hunting spots as well as equipment, potions, and runes) forces interaction between players and groups of players. Scarcity leads to interaction, which in turn leads to both bonds of friendship and sparks of animosity which can sometimes culminate in war. Those seeking constantly engaging PVE or PVP will be disappointed. Leveling and gaining skills in Tibia is a grind in the old school sense, only expanded indefinitely because of a lack of skill/level caps. It seems, though, that leveling and skilling (you have to train with other players, again forced interaction, to raise one's skills) are simply a means to an end, not an end itself. Higher skills lead to higher levels which lead to more money with leads to more power, which is really the ultimate goal of guilds and players. The ability to exert one's will in the game, deciding who does and does not prosper on the server, is what ultimately gives players their sense of satisfaction and accomplishment: it is in effect the feeling an Olympian god would feel upon looking down and seeing his/her followers prosper over other gods' followers. In this way, I believe Tibia is a more merciless and realistic "world" than most modern-day MMOs. Every players has a sense that there is a chronological progression from one "age" to the next, an age being the period of time a guild has "possession" of the server, as opposed  to so many MMOs today where one day is indiscernible from the next. One age may be characterized as golden, in which high levels deal with other players fairly and reasonably, the next characterized by the iron grip of the controlling guild, who monopolize hunting spots and force price fixes, which will inevitably lead the lowly players of the world to unite and force the despotic guild off the server.

that's my friend is called powergame which ruins the game

no wall of text can change the fact that Tibia is a slow-paced grindfest full of bots with MUD graphics and gameplay,paradise of powergamers.

• StoogeMonkeyStoogeMonkey Member Posts: 185

sounds like a disease

• QazzQazz Member Posts: 577

Well, I have to be honest. Somehow I have never heard of (or noticed) this game. I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the post.

• comcicomcacomcicomca Member Posts: 46

Originally posted by StoogeMonkey

sounds like a disease

Tibia means shinbone actually.

• MarereMarere Member Posts: 25

Tibia ain't a MMORPG for all, but if there are over 100k active accounts and its virtual goods blackmarket worths several millions $ / year, there must be a reason. Also, I forecast an exploit in spring 2011, after the planned complete refurbishment of PVP/PVA environments.

• SigrandSigrand Member UncommonPosts: 367

I disagree.  Tibia WAS an incredible game back in the day.  I played Tibia, my first MMO, 10 years ago when it was still very fresh in the market.  Back then it was awesome.  I played it for about 5 years, on and off, very heavily.  Then, like with all MMOs over time, it went to shit (my opinion).  They changed core aspects of the game on a regular basis.  Paladins, who were hybrid magic/ranged fighters became stricly archers with almost no magical ability.  Zones, spells and equipments was changed to require exp levels instead of magic level and skills.  They made it nearly impossible for paladins to train (if you haven't guessed I was a Paladin).  They continuously changed basic principles of the game until it barely resembled what it once was.  It's still a decent game, sort of, but it sure as hell isn't the best by a long shot.  The only one feature that it has now that I wish other MMOs had is a lack of a level cap.

• MarereMarere Member Posts: 25

Originally posted by tcosaddict
    I disagree.  Tibia WAS an incredible game back in the day.  I played Tibia, my first MMO, 10 years ago when it was still very fresh in the market.  Back then it was awesome.  I played it for about 5 years, on and off, very heavily. Then, like with all MMOs over time, it went to shit (my opinion).  They changed core aspects of the game on a regular basis.  Paladins, who were hybrid magic/ranged fighters became stricly archers with almost no magical ability.  Zones, spells and equipments was changed to require exp levels instead of magic level and skills.  They made it nearly impossible for paladins to train (if you haven't guessed I was a Paladin).  They continuously changed basic principles of the game until it barely resembled what it once was.  It's still a decent game, sort of, but it sure as hell isn't the best by a long shot.  The only one feature that it has now that I wish other MMOs had is a lack of a level cap.

Well, I was called John Silver back then, if you know what I mean. I'm well aware of what you say, given that I've paid my bill (several banns) to have expressed my opinions about the game development quite vehemently through years. Still, being me a damned PVPer, I've not found the same feeling Tibia gives me in any other MMO. Nowadays things changed a lot, and that's why I'm writing here. After a crisis lasted almost 2 years, in last months the number of active players increased significally, mostly due to last updates. Now we are all there waiting for Spring PVP patch, which will revamp both Open and Hardcore environments: the new is that CIP started a Focus Group calling old experienced players to contribute to game development, and I can say, being one of those players, that if things will go like it seems to be, we'll finally have a MMO with balanced and appealing PVP system. Last but not least: where do you find another MMO in which you can call pvp-noob a game developer speaking directly to him? The high democracy degree in Tibia nowadays is amazing: just check Auditorium board there to see how people deal with development.
  • d0gz1llad0gz1lla Member UncommonPosts: 77

Hehe, tibia, had a nice charm to it. Like many say, no other game can replace what tibia had. Oh boy when i just remeber the whole server World War for freedom haha, good old days... Ive never seen in any game a war on that scale happening every day. Politics was its own thing in tibia :) Lvls, friends, guilds, enemys etc. fun game. Anyone who shits on it, dosent know the meaning of the game. Im not going back to it, but for the time when i played it, it was fun as hell.

The harsh penalities made it even more fun/dangerous, so it wasnt really a game for care bears, which i dig it alot :) no shiny armor for you CB :P

Well either way, i played other games, since when i stoped. Not one came close to it, except eve online. But then again my taste is diffrent then others. Still looking for the right one to pop out.

R.I.P my dear MOTHER (1965-2004)

• masa123masa123 Member Posts: 14

tibia is dead because of the 20 frag system

there are no new players old players leaving this game

3 years ago yes it was the best mmorpg game now it's just a simple anoing game

image - My Tibia Character:]

This discussion has been closed.