Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dragonball Z MMORPG

sosa69sosa69 Montreal, QCPosts: 4Member

I think the best concept for a great MMORPG would be to do it alround the Dragonball Z Universe. You could be a Sayan or Namek and many other races seen in the classic program. And their's such possiblities for advancing and storylines that it would be the greatest MMORPG ever made, if done with the player in mind.

What do you think?

Comments

• SnaKeySnaKey Arkadelphia, ARPosts: 3,386Member

1. DBZ merchandise is usually bought by children under the age of 15.  Children under the age of 15 don't usually have $15/mo+ and $50+ for a MMO. Therefore, MMOs are not designed for children under the age of 15 because they have no money so they just don't worry about the demographics that don't have any money.

2. This is the site suggestions forum. This has nothing to do w/ this site. I think you're looking for Developer's Corner - Game Concepts.

Explorer 20%

myspace.com/angryblogr
    A Work in Progress.
    Add Me
  • NasedooNasedoo Naboo, WAPosts: 486Member

Originally posted by sosa69

I think the best concept for a great MMORPG would be to do it alround the Dragonball Z Universe. You could be a Sayan or Namek and many other races seen in the classic program. And their's such possiblities for advancing and storylines that it would be the greatest MMORPG ever made, if done with the player in mind.

What do you think?

im all for DBZ MMORPG

Nasedoo: You said traders would get a revamp under my supervision.

Darth Lord Blixtev: I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further.

• patheospatheos CR, IAPosts: 1,148Member

Originally posted by SnaKey

1. DBZ merchandise is usually bought by children under the age of 15.  Children under the age of 15 don't usually have $15/mo+ and $50+ for a MMO. Therefore, MMOs are not designed for children under the age of 15 because they have no money so they just don't worry about the demographics that don't have any money.
    Who ever said it would have to be 15 a month? and 50 for the box? Im for this idea, but what monsters would there be? because all the bad guys would probably be play-able characters...so if you could get some monsters and maybe a weapon or two ( besides your hands ) im for it image

www.greenblooded.com
    BETA TESTING--RYL

• paxer217paxer217 Saint Charles, MOPosts: 7Member
    IM UP 4 IT! IT SOUNDS FRIKIN TIGHT (Sully the monsters would b from the series like those little green dudes or maybe and for quests you can fight the black star dragons or sin or all the othe main bad guys)
  • meanmon13meanmon13 Taylors, SCPosts: 12Member

15 and under my ass.... I'm 20 and I’d buy it in an instant! I've long dreamed of a DBZ MMORPG! It most definitely has the potential to be the best MMORPG ever played. The world is already VERY well spelled out for any developer to just come in and build, and it comes with a HUGE fan base… which is only 50% 15 and under…. And even if they were 15 and under their parents would pay, hell when I was 15 my parents paid my everquest subscription.

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Myrtle Beach, SCPosts: 11,718Member Uncommon
    15 years old? Even though I grew up in the Mighty Morphing Power Rangers era, Dragon Ball Z is still the Shiznit. I still have all my old shirts.

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• ronin13ronin13 mcdonough, GAPosts: 4Member

Possible baddies could be some Majin-type minions. Have a bunch of guys with the lil 'M' on their forehead and beat em around.

You could also put in corrupted humans (possibility with story), a new race full of bad guys, etc.

• oOoJennYoOooOoJennYoOo FrankfurtPosts: 46Member

Thanks for that one.

For now im saving me all rights(cheap) for this and try to make some serious money selling them when the time comes by image

Hehe.. you just gotta be a little genious image

Wanti wanti can't get it, getti getti no want it..

Spliffin di sensimilia inna di backyard rumps!!

BOONOONOONOUS !!!

or like you'd say

WONDERFULL !

• ferdekkferdekk CityPosts: 2Member

Hi

OK, that is good suggestion.
    More people playing in DBZ MMO.
    in my country is most popular tv-series.

but DragonBall-Z owners have RIGHTS/license and so on.
    Someone must purchase thats rights.

im (indie) programmer but, I dont have cash! LMAO :D.
    i willingly make this game.

bye bye.

Chris.

• NkManNkMan mountain home, IDPosts: 12Member

I THINK THAT IS A GREAT IDEA I LOVE DBZ AND THAT WOULD SO ROCK TO BE A SAYIAN AND FIGHT AGAINST BUU AND ALL THE OTHER BOSSES.

YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHO ELSE THINKS THIS IS A REALLY GOOD IDEA?

• Bozzo21Bozzo21 BucharestPosts: 1Member
    Yeah well i have an idea.We should donate about a few dollars each for buying the rights to make a dbz mmorpg!  Since chris said that he would gladly make a dbz mmorpg i am happy to say that i would gladly give him some money for making the game.What do you all say??image
  • KeithdawgKeithdawg Chicago, ILPosts: 5Member

dragonballz could possible be the best mmorpg game ever cause that show just kept going on and on and its never ended so the game could go to infinite world and so many different races of people and the power/magic they had was amzing and some one could make this idea into a great game, i mean who wouldnt buy a DBZ online game for like 50 bucks? i would it would be sweet.::::28::

• knightfall98knightfall98 la mesa, CAPosts: 51Member Uncommon

well i see it like this you have to choose your race  super human, saiyan, andriod, alien, mutant and demon and namek of corse every body and there grandma is gonna want to be a saiyan however each race should have there own unique ablitly that might get you to think twice about that. like the nameks regen health the andriod have 3x the amount of chi when they start out, other such things like that you can become super saiyen until lvl 30 or something like that, you have to fight through each saga to start out from lvl to lvl the 1st 1-15 would be the saiyen saga where you have to fight vegeta and so on, you get to trian under the famous z characters but only if you the right race super humans can learn from anyone saiyens trian under goku or vegeta (after lvl 20 of course) dabura for the demons, andriod 18 now as far as good and evil goes humans can all expect for demons, aliens and mutant, can be good. i think the sagas should work out like instances and you will be able to go to other planet eventually for story line not of dragonball z seriuos but i think there is enough movies/ sagas to turn it into a full game. i haven really though about skills or abilities but i think you should have at least 3 diffrent styles psyical, chi, and sword/staff/tail/horns psysical is quicker takes less chi dose less damage, chi high amout of damage slow take a lot of chi, and the 3rd is a mix of the two  but cuases staus like dazed, blind like how anroids can drian your chi....... yes i have a lot of time so sue me i have sooo much more i could put hear. dragon ball may not bee the greatest series but i has potentail in its games i mean who dosent want to dish out a super kamehameha.... oh yeah you can destoy buildings and incure the wrath of local defense forces and start to be shifted to the evil side. death is handle like the cartoon you have to go through king nappa and yes compete agianst pikon in later levels now when you die you dont have to worry about xp loss or debt but you do have to fight your way back however if you die there your character id gone forever there isnt many enimies none that a smart person could take down but as you get higher in lvl the fight gets tougher this is just a seguestion as how death should be handled if you dont want to risk losing your charater you can take a penetly in debt just cause i hate xp loss more than debt what do you guys think of that?

• arjun1991arjun1991 Santa Clara, AKPosts: 30Member Uncommon
    id only play it if it wus free!!!!!!!

• Squall15Squall15 Rochester, NYPosts: 454Member
    Id play it if u had to pay to play! That sounds like one good idea! DBZ MMO all the way!
  • ad3zad3z nicosiaPosts: 11Member

alright people

i've decided (been thinking about it for months) that
    when i'd have enough free time, i'd make an dragonball - mmorpg image

i've been working on ideas for months with some people i know
    and i think we can do it image

we need all the help we can get
    cause to create the greatest game in history you need
    a sh*t load of people :P

do you want to be part of the creation of the greatest game ever ?

well then let's continue this discussion http://dbmmorpg.blogspot.com/

i need ideas, programmers, designers, graphic artists, geniuses or just people with enough free time
    and exited. hell if you cant even program pascal you can still help :P

spread the word

p.s.

as soon as we decide a proper name for the game, we're making the .org site
    so bring along some name ideas too

.: www.dbmmorpg.org :.

dragonball the mmorpg

• xerotwoxerotwo cambridge, MAPosts: 14Member
    im 17.. and i'd be so up for it lol

dalris

• ad3zad3z nicosiaPosts: 11Member

spread the news :D

hey knightfall98 you seem like a guy with plenty of ideas
    we could use some of your thoughts
    come, drop a comment, or even join the team!

.: www.dbmmorpg.org :.

dragonball the mmorpg

• Gam3d4rKGam3d4rK Buenos AiresPosts: 146Member

I really like that idea, and if the game will be P2P, ill pay i dont care, coz a MMO of DBZ could be a great game ::::20::

• vingvegavingvega Virginia Beach, VAPosts: 577Member
    Isn't DragonballZ for 8 year olds?  LOL
  • iv00wiv00w WeertPosts: 31Member
    Originally posted by SnaKey

2. This is the site suggestions forum. This has nothing to do w/ this site. I think you're looking for Developer's Corner - Game Concepts.

Killer 86%

Achiever 66%

Socializer 26%

Explorer 20%

That's just plain stupid. First of all, I know numerous people above the age of 15 that buy DBZ merchandise, that play the games, watch the series, etc. Second, I play World of Warcraft, which is 15 dollars a month, and most of my friends are at the age 12-20, so they DO have the money.

Just so you know, I started loving DBZ at the age of 5, and I still love it at the age of 16, and I'm not planning on losing interest, especially not with Dragonball Online coming up. Oh, and I started playing WoW when it came out, I was 14, and I payed everything myself, so it's not like 15 year olds get everything from their parents.

Stuff it! THIS IDEA ROCKS! (Eventhough there's an offical coming up)

• iv00wiv00w WeertPosts: 31Member
    Originally posted by vingvega

Isn't DragonballZ for 8 year olds?  LOL
    Dragonball Z is for all ages, and it's true that it's loved more by the youth around that age, but countless people still love it, hell, my grandpa loves it, he's 72 !
  • Numa999Numa999 LondonPosts: 62Member

Started watching DBZ when I was 11... 19 now. I still watch a few eposides sometimes just to remember my teenage years.

• chillikingchilliking krageroPosts: 240Member
    they are making a DBZ mmorpg in japan right now..

cant wait until the release
  • Plasuma!!!Plasuma!!! Albuquerque, NMPosts: 1,872Member
    This topic needs to die. Where's the sage button when you need it? o_O