Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Demand an apology from MMORPG.com for Thrones of Chaos

BiteyBitey Member Posts: 356
http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/112883

Demand an Apology and accoutablitity from MMORPG.com. They supported this moron.

Comments

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    And why would they need to apology to you?
  • BiteyBitey Member Posts: 356
    Even though there was significant evidence this developer was the same type of mourning developer/scammer, mmorpg.com supported Colton. They took his money for advertising, promised this team had clean and professional resumes, put him back on the gamelist/forum and even wrote a charming article about how wonderful and professional he is- http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/gameId/276/setView/features/loadFeature/923/OwnershipChangeTheTrueStory.html

They even allowed for Colton to make 10-15 accounts just for spamming and hate mail for critics. LoudAnt sent many harrassing mail to me and others, and mmorpg.com didn't do shit.

It's a joke. We deserve an apology.
  • ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912
    As much as I love this site and it's community, Gameloading, Bitey is right.
  • LiddokunLiddokun Member UncommonPosts: 1,665

Hmm... if these accusations are indeed true then I am sure mmorpg's admin can verify it and take action. Did you email the administrator directly ?

• beezeebeezee Member Posts: 149

Well after reading some of the previous post regarding this topic or should I say MMORPG.com soap opera.  I came to the conclusion that the people in charge of ToC are unscrupulous morons and that the powers to be at MMORPG are sticking their heads in the sand about it.

However, kudos to the peeps (i.e. Zorvan & others) here that hounded this project and it's knucklehead developers and unmasked them for the asshats they are.
  • GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    Originally posted by Bitey

Even though there was significant evidence this developer was the same type of mourning developer/scammer, mmorpg.com supported Colton. They took his money for advertising, promised this team had clean and professional resumes, put him back on the gamelist/forum and even wrote a charming article about how wonderful and professional he is- http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/gameId/276/setView/features/loadFeature/923/OwnershipChangeTheTrueStory.html

They even allowed for Colton to make 10-15 accounts just for spamming and hate mail for critics. LoudAnt sent many harrassing mail to me and others, and mmorpg.com didn't do shit.

Sounds fair enough.
  • SamuraiswordSamuraisword Member Posts: 2,111
    Originally posted by Admin

Completely understandable Shae...but I feel ok in informing people about the game being it is a entirely new team and they have assured us that a) they will not take any pre-orders for the game and b) they are going to take care of the Mourning subscribers that got mistreated.
    Now as long as they don't accept pre-orders I don't see how anyone could be harmed before the launch of the game.  As a site dedicated to reporting MMORPG news we just feel it is our duty to report on this title as it evolves - otherwise we would not be doing our jobs
    In the event that LoudAnt were to back out on their work (ie start taking pre-orders) we would probably warn our readers and possibly remove the game again as much of the reason for the re-listing was based on all these facts.
    As I see it if LoudAnt pulls this off and releases a good, playable product and the old subscribers get some compensation - there might actually be a silver lining to this horrible storm system after all
    An apology is meaningless. I expect the admin to follow thru on his promises quoted above. He said:
    b) they are going to take care of the Mourning subscribers that got mistreated.
    Have they?
    As a site dedicated to reporting MMORPG news we just feel it is our duty to report on this title as it evolves - otherwise we would not be doing our jobs
    I expect an article exposing this deception in detail and the people involved and how MMORPG.com could so easily be taken in, otherwise as the admin says in his own words, they would not be doing their jobs. The only possible silver lining would be MMORPG.com's  reevaluation of minimum standards required for promoting and allowing companies to promote their games.
    Originally posted by Razorback

I wish them the very best of luck and look forward to seeing some proper development on this title in the months to come.

Good Luck Loud Ant
    I don't know what to make about supportive statements like this. Was this part of the scam?

Well, at this time, it's all in the staff's hands now as far as handling Colton and his buddies.  In another thread, he seems to think that he and his wannabe investigators at never win "owned" me. Personally, I don't care if they did or not. I did what I thought was right in trying to expose Colton and ToC for the frauds they were. if I succeeded in that, then I'm happy with it. Peace.
  • MaphusioMaphusio Member Posts: 104
    Originally posted by Zorvan

Well, at this time, it's all in the staff's hands now as far as handling Colton and his buddies.  In another thread, he seems to think that he and his wannabe investigators at never win "owned" me. Personally, I don't care if they did or not. I did what I thought was right in trying to expose Colton and ToC for the frauds they were. if I succeeded in that, then I'm happy with it. Peace.
    I once had the same goals... Then, I decided I REALLY felt like stooping to Colton's level... Besides, it was OH so fun and it earned the ol' pad lock award! 

A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING VENTRILO CHAT:
    IP: 66.207.167.32
    PORT: 3793

- WWW.KRELSLIBRARY.ORG -
    "Information is knowledge, knowledge is power!"

• LoudAntSoftLoudAntSoft Loud Ant Software CEOMember Posts: 56
    Originally posted by Bitey

Why do you deserve an apology? You hated the game from the start and thought we would scam people. We have not take one penny from anyone to play the game and sold the assets. There was no deception by MMORPG or the staff and no one has been ripped off.

Ya, you did get "owned" pretty bad; it was hilarious. Please call into the radio show this week.
    Originally posted by LoudAntSoft

Ya, you did get "owned" pretty bad; it was hilarious. Please call into the radio show this week. Yep, keep telling yourself that. Whatever makes you happy

Originally posted by LoudAntSoft

Ya, you did get "owned" pretty bad; it was hilarious. Please call into the radio show this week. Yep, keep telling yourself that. Whatever makes you happy

Alright Zorvan,

You can continue your attack on me or whatever. I don't really care that much and don't want to focus any  more time on any of it. If you feel as if I did something illegal you should investigate it fully and report it. However, as much as you hate me or the company the bottom line is we never released the game, as we knew it was incomplete, and never had any intention of scamming anyone, and we never did.

You can spin that anyway you want but that is the truth and no one from the MMO community was taken advantage of from anything I did.

Good luck to you in whatever you do.
  • necrotherionnecrotherion Member Posts: 130
    Can someone basically summarize what this is all about?

From what I've read in the past 2 mins, apparently some dumbass made claimed to have a company that was making a game and turns out he was a fake. Oh, and the site believed him, so now he struts around stroking his e-peen about it. Anything I'm missing?
  • WellesWelles Member Posts: 66

Remove TOC from the site and end this misery. All that should be on this site are some sticky locked threads about TOC, that way people can be warned about what their getting into if they do business with Colton or any of his games. This would also lower the opportunities for Colton to commit acts of harassment and threats against posters to the site.

Originally posted by Welles

Remove TOC from the site and end this misery. All that should be on this site are some sticky locked threads about TOC, that way people can be warned about what their getting into if they do business with Colton or any of his games. This would also lower the opportunities for Colton to commit acts of harassment and threats against posters to the site.
    Amen

- WWW.KRELSLIBRARY.ORG -

• AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

MMORPG.com acted on the best information we had to work with.  We had a teleconference with him, discussed the game, the future and the new company.  From everything we could see it looked as if the game passed to a new company - and I still think it did.  However it seems now that LoudAnt has sold this to someone else (allegedly) and the owner decided to lash back out at the people that have been doubting/harassing him on our boards for months.  We assume he did this since he no longer had anything to lose (and we banned him for it). 

The "facts" that the community brought us on ToC were sketchy at best - myspace pages, claims of him being to young to make an MMO (which is absurd and discriminatory) and other soft "evidence".

We did not "support" LoudAnt or Colton Burges...we simply reported on a MMORPG title as we saw it.  LoudAnt/Colton did not take money from anyone or launch a game here, so I don't think anything "scandalous" has taken place. 

However, we will probably end up removing this game once and for all since we are all very tired of it...so very tired

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

*does a little dance and sings "ding dong the witch is dead"*

- WWW.KRELSLIBRARY.ORG -

• kimjongilkimjongil Member Posts: 4
    Originally posted by Admin

MMORPG.com acted on the best information we had to work with.  We had a teleconference with him, discussed the game, the future and the new company.  From everything we could see it looked as if the game passed to a new company - and I still think it did.  However it seems now that LoudAnt has sold this to someone else (allegedly) and the owner decided to lash back out at the people that have been doubting/harassing him on our boards for months.  We assume he did this since he no longer had anything to lose (and we banned him for it). 
    The "facts" that the community brought us on ToC were sketchy at best - myspace pages, claims of him being to young to make an MMO (which is absurd and discriminatory) and other soft "evidence".
    We did not "support" LoudAnt or Colton Burges...we simply reported on a MMORPG title as we saw it.  LoudAnt/Colton did not take money from anyone or launch a game here, so I don't think anything "scandalous" has taken place. 
    However, we will probably end up removing this game once and for all since we are all very tired of it...so very tired

how is proof from the oregon secretary of state the publisher nuanced entertainment never existed and the developer loud ant being dissolved mid 2006 facts that are "sketchy at best"

to my knowledge nothing illegal took place, but their are other reasons for exposing colton. if it turns out a sale did take place, colton would be responsible for tax evasion. i do not really care what happens, though when i stumbled across this thread i thought i would help the community with tidbits of info where i saw fit.
  • KrisWoodKrisWood Member Posts: 1
    Hi everyone. I am the Art Director on the Thrones of Chaos team. A fan of the game (yes, some still do exist, apparently) concerned about these threads emailed me asking me to give some input.

I can't say a lot as I'm bound by NDA. First though, I do know for a fact that LoudAntSoft is an imposter and not the real Colton. Please disregard any of his posts. The real Colton has already asked mmorpg.com to ban him.

Regarding the Thrones of Chaos game: Age of Mourning and Realms of Torment (older versions of the game) were real games that simply never made it. Age of Mourning was shut down due to too many bugs and not enough funding. We bought the game with the intent to finish it. We resolved almost all the bugs that kept Mourning from launch, and the engine is currently around 90% complete (perhaps more actually). That leaves us with content and gameplay mechanics, of which there are a lot yet to produce.

The bad news is, there aren't many publishers interested in "the most brutal pvp experience of all time." We took a risk by targeting a niche market, and investors don't like risk. There is a lot of interest however in the engine itself. We shut down our own forums because they had become a flame war, and flame wars don't look good to investors. Without investors there will never be a ToC game. That said, ToC is not entirely dead. We are currently focusing instead on making the engine a marketable product on its own to raise funds.

To sum it all up, massively multiplayer games are some of the most expensive projects out there, and ToC is no exception. Unless an angel investor with an interest in pvp online games appears out of thin air we're just going to have to focus on making some short term income before we can even think about completing ToC.

I know that many people here on the mmorpg.com forums have hated Thrones of Chaos since the beginning and will probably flame me for this post until the end of time. Since I have no interest in a flame war, and have already said everything I could in answer to the request I recieved, I won't be posting here again. I hope any fans that do remain will be able to look past all the hatred in this community.

Originally posted by KrisWood
    Hi everyone. I am the Art Director on the Thrones of Chaos team. A fan of the game (yes, some still do exist, apparently) concerned about these threads emailed me asking me to give some input.I can't say a lot as I'm bound by NDA. First though, I do know for a fact that LoudAntSoft is an imposter and not the real Colton. Please disregard any of his posts. The real Colton has already asked mmorpg.com to ban him.Regarding the Thrones of Chaos game: Age of Mourning and Realms of Torment (older versions of the game) were real games that simply never made it. Age of Mourning was shut down due to too many bugs and not enough funding. We bought the game with the intent to finish it. We resolved almost all the bugs that kept Mourning from launch, and the engine is currently around 90% complete (perhaps more actually). That leaves us with content and gameplay mechanics, of which there are a lot yet to produce.The bad news is, there aren't many publishers interested in "the most brutal pvp experience of all time." We took a risk by targeting a niche market, and investors don't like risk. There is a lot of interest however in the engine itself. We shut down our own forums because they had become a flame war, and flame wars don't look good to investors. Without investors there will never be a ToC game. That said, ToC is not entirely dead. We are currently focusing instead on making the engine a marketable product on its own to raise funds.To sum it all up, massively multiplayer games are some of the most expensive projects out there, and ToC is no exception. Unless an angel investor with an interest in pvp online games appears out of thin air we're just going to have to focus on making some short term income before we can even think about completing ToC.I know that many people here on the mmorpg.com forums have hated Thrones of Chaos since the beginning and will probably flame me for this post until the end of time. Since I have no interest in a flame war, and have already said everything I could in answer to the request I recieved, I won't be posting here again. I hope any fans that do remain will be able to look past all the hatred in this community.
    I don't think the management of this site is going to fall for the same tricks again nor will it's community. Anyone who believes TOC is a viable product is a fool, anyone touching it will end up in the mess.
  • paadepaade Member Posts: 471

stuff

where can i preorder?
    Originally posted by paade

stuff

where can i preorder?

lmfao last time I did that I ended up with a whole coon!

Good thing KrisWood is on the winning side... I kind of feel bad for that guy... Assuming he is for real and not one of Colton's multipul personalities.

- WWW.KRELSLIBRARY.ORG -

• SteakpuncherSteakpuncher Member Posts: 255
    Ive very very occasionally seen information on this, and only very slightly know what the full story is, so it would be entirely biased of me to base anything I say on that.

However what I can say, is any developer, proffesional or otherwise involved in a project that actively argues with critics, complainers etc on another site, and through mediums provided by another company, then they obviously aren't the sort of people you would want to havd you money.

I remember reading things about the legal threats etc (not sure who was running the show at the time) but I honestly couldn't beleive someone working on a game, especially in a significant role, or head of the team would resort to the childish threats of suing people and taking them to court for slander and such.

I come on here everyday, and see people saying about how some game or another sucks, and buying it would be a waste of money, developers are assholes, I didnt see the sigil staff on here last week telling people to expect lawsuits. Even dark and light, where the people running the show are basically becoming criminals doesnt have its staff on here threating lawsuits for libel and slander or whatever.

The last person that said they were going to sue me, was a kid I pushed over playing football (soccor for our american friends) who said he was going to sue me. I was age 7 at the time, it was 14 years ago, at the time, I was terrified I was going to be arrested. However now im 21, and know better, so unless the dev team for that game were 7 years old, or think they are dealing with 7 year old children, then I don't know what they expected to acheive, other than trying to bully people into being quiet.

However perhaps we should stop goading them, considering MMORPG.com host this site for their own business, and they do provide a good service, so maybe people should stop winding up idiots from some vapourware game, and leave them with no excuse for cluttering up the site with garbage posts.

Finally, if any of the team for this game are actually reading this, then here's some friendly advice for you. The next time someone slanders your game, instead of getting your pretend lawyers to do the talking, or arguinging with people who hate your game, why not forget it, and go back to work on what your doing, because releasing a working game with what you promise to deliver is the proof that people are wrong. If you need to become involved in petty spats and arguements on a MMO board, then obviously your game cant speak for itself, and each post just makes you look even worse.

I just found this posted by cmoney69 at the nwp site page 29.

Sent: Saturday, January 27, 2007 9:08 PM
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: Why banned?

I was just trying to defend myself from the constant abuse.

Colton

Defend yourself or not, your actions on our forum violated our rules, over and over and over. We had over 20 posts where you were spamming (just typing junk like “sdfsdsdf”) and other posts where you were calling people idiots, etc. Even to defend yourself we do not allow attacks on other members…you are to report them and forget about it. Defend yourself, but do it without playground mentality.

I have to tell you, here at MMORPG.com we are faced with 2 options based on the recent actions of LoudAnt which we find to be extremely unprofessional. Our options are to remove Thrones of Chaos or post a warning to our users on the game page advising players to use caution when dealing with your company. I cannot refer people to your products without at least a warning…this is just completely out of line and every staff member here feels this way.

For the life of me I cannot figure why you would behave the way you are in public like that. People insult my website, my policies, myself personally and I would never lash back as you have…ever. People are saying they want to do horrible things to Jon Smedly, and many other game company founders and you would never see them doing what you are. If you are going to run a business you have to have thick skin, going around and threatening people and ordering PI’s to investigate them is really making you look like you have something to hide.

You were actually banned days ago, but due to an error in our system since the new site your ban was not fully in effect.

Craig McGregor

MMORPG.com