Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sick Grindfest

Comments

• daeandordaeandor Member UncommonPosts: 2,695
    Poornstar, if that is actually how you played the game, then no wonder you hated it.  Do you like any mmorpgs anymore?  I am guessing not because you don't stop to smell the roses on the way.  Of course you will reply that I am wrong, but deep down you know I am right.  Have fun jumping from game to game and please, don't tell me which ones suck because I already know how you feel.
  • kof2003kof2003 Member Posts: 128

yeah, real nice game but i hate the grinding part.

im raising light 8 but still killing the orange name monster didnt get much exp.

but still i think this is a nice game thought............

• TimeViewerTimeViewer Member Posts: 270
    They went down due to a lack of funds, 2 games were lost not just one Carpe Diem and 9Dragons not for the reasons Poor claims but because not enough people were paying enough to keep the games up. Acclaim is still running 9Dragons but I wont be playing it due to their use of GameGuard which is an annoyance and a fraud (read the string on it). It costs a lot to run a game, and when it suddenly has to compete with a corporation a smaller company is going to lose potential paying customers and go under.

µV

i kinda sick of these grindfest , every mobs i kill just get little exp when get lvl 80

but still its quite a fun game compare to silkroad online.

i wonder if there any lvling ticket for sell in the onlinemart for 9 dragons,

hope there is.

• bocanorabocanora Member Posts: 1
    Every other post in this thread has been bashing people who say this is a grindfest and telling them that they are obviously mmo noobs or aren't playing the game right. Is there some secret content y'all have been playing that I don't know about? I'm not going to try to diss on the grind, because it is what it is; the problem y'all seem to ignore is the fact that in the current state of the game, there is absolutely nothing to do except grind until you level up high enough to explore a little further without getting two hit killed. How can you seriously yell at people and tell them they are wrong when there is literally one quest to do per level? The only way to do more quests is to grind for fifteen to twenty minutes and gain a level. Not to mention the quests are roughly the same thing as grinding anyway. Sure, you don't have to kill 100 bulls; nobody is saying there are actually bulls in the game, and the number is more like 20. But if all we are doing is killing roughly 50 anythings to get to a quest where we have to kill 20 more somethings, and then have to wait for the next quest to appear after killing another 50 something elses, how exactly are you going to defend this and say that it is not simply the biggest grindfest ever? There is grind in every game, but that is not true as far as i've seen here. Grinding IS this game. There is nothing outside it. I haven't tried the pvp yet, but i can imagine its the same thing as silkroad; ie, a slightly harder grind. What else is out there that I'm missing? What roses am I failing to stop and smell? I'm not being sarcastic, there are a sufficient number of zealots replying in here that I'm assuming there must be SOMETHING out there I'm missing.
  • xaussxauss Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 384
    Originally posted by bocanora

Every other post in this thread has been bashing people who say this is a grindfest and telling them that they are obviously mmo noobs or aren't playing the game right. Is there some secret content y'all have been playing that I don't know about? I'm not going to try to diss on the grind, because it is what it is; the problem y'all seem to ignore is the fact that in the current state of the game, there is absolutely nothing to do except grind until you level up high enough to explore a little further without getting two hit killed. How can you seriously yell at people and tell them they are wrong when there is literally one quest to do per level? The only way to do more quests is to grind for fifteen to twenty minutes and gain a level. Not to mention the quests are roughly the same thing as grinding anyway. Sure, you don't have to kill 100 bulls; nobody is saying there are actually bulls in the game, and the number is more like 20. But if all we are doing is killing roughly 50 anythings to get to a quest where we have to kill 20 more somethings, and then have to wait for the next quest to appear after killing another 50 something elses, how exactly are you going to defend this and say that it is not simply the biggest grindfest ever? There is grind in every game, but that is not true as far as i've seen here. Grinding IS this game. There is nothing outside it. I haven't tried the pvp yet, but i can imagine its the same thing as silkroad; ie, a slightly harder grind. What else is out there that I'm missing? What roses am I failing to stop and smell? I'm not being sarcastic, there are a sufficient number of zealots replying in here that I'm assuming there must be SOMETHING out there I'm missing.

no - youre not missing much - it really is that tedious when you reach mid levels (RC and RL) - ive played every clan (all 6 on PW) and all 4 classess into RC during CB and one into RL. i returned in POB to see whats new and walked away bored at about RC3 - uninstalled the game and will never waste another minute of my time playing it

what the fanbois dont get is that farming the same mobs hour after hour - day after day isnt fun (for most) - the combat isnt immersive and the classes arn't that distinct to add variety

• a3smlca3smlc Member Posts: 4
    I just have to add in. Attained lvl 30 in like 3 days and i must say this is hellava-Grind! No, i'm not raising issues about grinding whatsoever. It is perfectly fine to grind. Even when I played Final Fantasy 7 in good-o-days I grind to wack that Emerald in the sea!! But the problem with this game is, it makes grinding too tiring. There is nothing to look forward to (yeah except lvl your skills and lvlin up), 1 quest per level. Hell. Furthermore, skills are like takin ages to lvl. It feels hollow.

Just to share my experience. I played in Cabal beta before this. There is a vast difference. When i was lvl 20 in Cabal, I have like over 10 quest waiting to be completed. By the time i completed 2 old quest, gain a level or 2, 3 new quest pops in. To keep it short, Cabal provides a gameplay with more substance, endless story plot, and not just sheer power or skills. They hide boring grinds with their quests.

I believe thats what all the rest of the anti-grinders are trying to prove. One shouldn't grind for the sake of grinding but grind for a mission. You can grind in any game and hit the roof as long as you can commit the time. As for the rest, casual gamers like me, I believe we are just looking for the game with much more substance, not just messing around with some keys and tryin to squeeze into some dumb list of the highest level in the game.

I'm leaving 9dragons for now. Moving on checking out other games. Not trying to say 9D is a bad game, but at least for now, it ain't my cup of tea. I just get no satisfaction from it.

Cheers and enjoy 9D!
    Originally posted by bocanora

The problem has a couple reasons behind it, first and foremost (to me) is that every asian game gets attacked with this, not just this game, and not just in their forums but out in general and off topic. Some people like asian games, some don't, the problem is people just keep spamming the forums with this and it gets sickening. If you look through there are different ways of posting these concerns too, this thread, for instance, was posted to be offensive, while another (look for the title "Leveling") was a rational discussion of one persons concerns (though one person did take it as an attack at first due to it following this one). Attacks will always bring people to defend since they were designed to provoke, while discussions can be much more rational (of course you're always going to have a few people who live to post flamebait).

Another root to the problem lies with people who have, for the most part, only played console games, which are designed to be finished fast, while online games do what they can (in most cases) to slow down the leveling process. Console games want you to go out and buy new games every payday, online games want you to subscribe for years, the purpose behind them isn't to make someone an instant "god" but to form a community. Levels are suppose to be harder to get and (to some of us) much more satisfying once achieved.

I have played some games where it was easy to get to max level, I've also played games where they kept raising that max, The Realm, for instance, kept raising and raising, 250, 500, 1000, eventually it just got ridiculous to have characters that high (especially for newbies who were getting PKed by level 1k's as they tried to walk out of town). One game, one I GMed, The 4th Coming, started off with a cap and then added "Seraphing" where you became this winged non human and you could repeat the process everytime you reached the cap, each time you restarted as a level 1 newbie but with a few more stat points (5 in each attribute). Since I was in charge of bug testing I would go through and relevel over and over to check reported bugs, I did this about 250 times or so until my newbie character was wearing the highest level armor and weapons at level 1 and could 1 hit kill anything and anyone on the screen, even unkillable NPCs (they decided to put a cap on the number of times you could seraph after that).

The only way to avoid some of this silliness is to slow things down, make it harder to level, make people have to work for those levels, some games you can actually lose levels, and attribute points. This concept may be a bit harder for newer players to understand, since they didn't go through all the insanity that lead to "the grind" but it does have it's purpose.

The simplest way I can put this is to put it to you like this, Let's say you go out and pay 50 - 75 for a new online game, you play it for a week and you have a max char with all the l33t gear, and so does everybody else. How long do you think it will be before you're bored out of your skull and sick of playing in what has become nothing more than a glorified chat room? Bet it won't be too long before you wish you'd never tried it, and I bet you won't renew that subscription either. On the other end of the spectrum, lets say you've spent a year playing, you've got some nice heavy hitters, some good gear, but still haven't quite reached the pinnacle, there's still a few places where your heart beats a bit faster, still some fight (or person) that makes you curse a blue streak and want to haul their butt into the arena and make THEM curse a blue streak. Which game are you going to want to keep playing? Which is more entertaining? You decide.

µV

• Originally posted by TimeViewer

The problem has a couple reasons behind it, first and foremost (to me) is that every asian game gets attacked with this, not just this game, and not just in their forums but out in general and off topic. Some people like asian games, some don't, the problem is people just keep spamming the forums with this and it gets sickening. If you look through there are different ways of posting these concerns too, this thread, for instance, was posted to be offensive, while another (look for the title "Leveling") was a rational discussion of one persons concerns (though one person did take it as an attack at first due to it following this one). Attacks will always bring people to defend since they were designed to provoke, while discussions can be much more rational (of course you're always going to have a few people who live to post flamebait).

Another root to the problem lies with people who have, for the most part, only played console games, which are designed to be finished fast, while online games do what they can (in most cases) to slow down the leveling process. Console games want you to go out and buy new games every payday, online games want you to subscribe for years, the purpose behind them isn't to make someone an instant "god" but to form a community. Levels are suppose to be harder to get and (to some of us) much more satisfying once achieved.
    I have played some games where it was easy to get to max level, I've also played games where they kept raising that max, The Realm, for instance, kept raising and raising, 250, 500, 1000, eventually it just got ridiculous to have characters that high (especially for newbies who were getting PKed by level 1k's as they tried to walk out of town). One game, one I GMed, The 4th Coming, started off with a cap and then added "Seraphing" where you became this winged non human and you could repeat the process everytime you reached the cap, each time you restarted as a level 1 newbie but with a few more stat points (5 in each attribute). Since I was in charge of bug testing I would go through and relevel over and over to check reported bugs, I did this about 250 times or so until my newbie character was wearing the highest level armor and weapons at level 1 and could 1 hit kill anything and anyone on the screen, even unkillable NPCs (they decided to put a cap on the number of times you could seraph after that).
    The only way to avoid some of this silliness is to slow things down, make it harder to level, make people have to work for those levels, some games you can actually lose levels, and attribute points. This concept may be a bit harder for newer players to understand, since they didn't go through all the insanity that lead to "the grind" but it does have it's purpose.
    The simplest way I can put this is to put it to you like this, Let's say you go out and pay 50 - 75 for a new online game, you play it for a week and you have a max char with all the l33t gear, and so does everybody else. How long do you think it will be before you're bored out of your skull and sick of playing in what has become nothing more than a glorified chat room? Bet it won't be too long before you wish you'd never tried it, and I bet you won't renew that subscription either. On the other end of the spectrum, lets say you've spent a year playing, you've got some nice heavy hitters, some good gear, but still haven't quite reached the pinnacle, there's still a few places where your heart beats a bit faster, still some fight (or person) that makes you curse a blue streak and want to haul their butt into the arena and make THEM curse a blue streak. Which game are you going to want to keep playing? Which is more entertaining? You decide.
    First of all this post wasnt an attack or spam it was just my honest opinion after experiencing the pretty monotonous gameplay this game had to offer. I do agree that discussion is usually better but there was nothing to discuss here, the game is and will probably stay a sick grindfest whether you want to admit it or not. Everything in this game from skills to lvl, to items and gold isnt aquired in any skillfull or fun ways.

Secondly, I agree that online games goals is to keep you playing for years. This is typically done by giving player multiple goals and challenge along the way whether its pvp raiding content epic quests rankings titles patches and eventually expansions to revitalize the game . But the way it is achieved in 9dragons isnt in a fun way, the game is gonna be free to play therefor wont make much money so you wont have much content to enjoy, which means you have to fill that gap with just extending the time it takes to lvl which in the end didnt make the whole process more enjoyable when you get to max lvl. Levels arent harder to get, theyre simply longer and more boring to get, and games were once played because they were fun.

The sad reality is what you call "asian games" which are just "primitive contentless grindfests" are losing market shares to games like WoW, they are dinosaurs and are facing extinction exactly for the reason I stated above. Alot of people criticize a game like WoW but so far its playerbase is in constant expansion. People dont have to grind 1year to get to max lvl and only grind, they get to experience much more than that, playing different classes to the max lvl for instance which offers a wider experience. Instead of just having hack n slashed for 1year straight, you will have healed, slashed, ranged shot, used pets, etc. Of course alot of people whine its too easy but when you see it that way its much better than grinding. I dont like to generalize much, but from my small experience with grindfests itis usually there you will see the most griefing low lvl characters because you dont have anything left to do at high lvls. Lots of I am leet because I played for x years. I am not leet because im actually good and knows all the really deep game mechanics but because I spent x years more playing than you.

So to give you food for your next post here are some simple questions:

Why are most grindfests free to play?

Isnt time valuable? If so why shouldnt it be spent in the most enjoyable way?

Why do you think a game like WoW playerbase keeps growing and "asian games" shrinking?

Just tell me if you agree with this statement: MMORPGs have 2 parts: The grind(work) and the fun(rewarding part of your work, owning people, beating raids, etc) part: Games are played for fun --> The fun part should be where you spend the most time. The biggest challenge is to make the grind as fun as possible but in the end its still a grind. Therefor a perfect game give you more fun than work otherwise its simply a second job.

A job that doesnt pay, discuss
  • VenomouseyVenomousey Member Posts: 8
    As far as I had seen most MMORPG's are grind fests, its just what they are.

Hell even Everquest is a grindfest but look how many people enjoy it. You grind for Levels, you grind for AA's you grind for spells, for runes for the spells...for gear..and on and on and on.

It's what mmorpg's hold and will hold of course as long as they are around. And not all grind fests are free.

Thought grinding is only a part of the game, some people over look what the game is suppose to be about. The story, how well it is designed to flow and what other things there are that capture your attention.

But I agree, if you don't get use to the grind you might as well play video
  • vajurasvajuras Member Posts: 2,860
    Originally posted by Korlen

Not looking to get in a fight, but man... Every game requires some sort of grind... even WOW

http://www.pro-g.co.uk/news/17-01-2007-4522.html

case in point, this is on the extreme side.... but i view it no different then any game on here.... If you have to kill -quest - or pvp to level.. is that not grinding?

Nope. no more then Elder Scrolls: Oblivion or Final Fantasy 7 or Doom. As long as you have content to pace along with the gameplay then it doesn't feel mind numbing repititive (aka grind). But if you just make players do the same thing forever then that is a grind. just depends on the player. Personally I think city of heroes is a sick grind post-30 but some hardcore carebears will disagree with me.

sick grindfest, this game dont offer good potion. they just do meditation for heal . even the food for the max healing is just only about 50 pre 5sec.Now im in Raising Light 9 , and the exp that i get is lesser than ever..........

Man it is a great game but 1 thing that i dont like is the grinding, getting me to grind whole day for just 1 level......

i getting think of it this game is like ISRO itself

• outthislifeoutthislife Member Posts: 115
    Originally posted by Korlen

Not looking to get in a fight, but man... Every game requires some sort of grind... even WOW

Even WoW? That's all that WoW is, a big carrot on a stick game, that is nothing but grinding.

@Poornstar How was your post anything but an attack, you started off calling it a sick grindfest, then went on to describe it as a boring waste of time, there's no discussion in that just attack. just like your comment "The sad reality is what you call "asian games" which are just "primitive contentless grindfests" " How is that in any way shape or form anything but an outright racist attack??? Seriously man, that's pretty damn small minded.

As to being F2P, when PW had the game it was BETA, not F2P, many people seem to get confused about that concept, they don't charge because they're asking people to come in and test the game, to help them find bugs and offer suggestions that will make it more fun, constructive suggestions, not just "oh I hate this game, blah". I have no idea what Acclaim is doing with it but some games are finding different directions for income, those include allowing F2P and "Gold" accounts with those P2P getting better drops, items, etc or online shops that sell special items. Online gaming has been an evolution ever since it's start, not everyone can afford the monthly fees so they experiment.

As to your arguments about it being "work" I did say that online games are suppose to be more about community, not just play. I don't need to see another glorified chatroom, I like these games. If you don't I don't see why your even here or even bother to play any of them. People who are griefing others are people who are going to do that no matter how long they've played. You seem to think that people go into a game get bored and say "hey I think I'll go darkside and waste people", sorry but those who play like buttheads were born that way, the game didn't "make" them turn into jerks. I see griefers, KSers, drop thieves, and all out dimwits at every level, ones who do it to low levels with their high level characters are just the most pathetic of them all, kind of like grown men who beat on small children or weak women but never have the guts to attack a real man (or woman), you're just seeing how many real cowards the world has.

As for WoW's draw that's kind of a no brainer, Warcraft is well established, not only having PC games but all the way back to PnP (Pen and Paper). They can afford good advertising both on TV and the net, hell, they've even gotten themselves on South Park. Put all that up vs an inknown that only a few thousand (at best) find out about, thanks especially to this very website (which currently has only 500k members) and it's easy to figgure out why WoW would be doing better.

The whole antiasian thing is pretty silly to me, I'm not sure of who started it, it seems that we have a number of people who want t lock themselves away, they hate anime, they hate asian games, they hate everything to do with asians. It may, in part, have to do with differing styles of game play. When I first started playing asian games I was only one of a very few people from the US in games where very few people spoke English and found them to be far more agressive in PvP than I was use to, that was my lack of experience in their world, so I got use to it and expanded my horizons a bit and had fun.

When I first started playing online it was only Americans and a few Canadians, now it's most of the world. I think part of it comes from an online version of culture shock. I view the net as the one place where we can get over our collective governments and become a true world culture, I really hate to see the net, and especially gaming, turn into the same old garbage that politicians and small minded people have turned the rest of our world into.

µV

• herokimaherokima Member Posts: 8
    For crying out loud man! If you don't like it play something else. It's not that hard to spend two minutes looking at the game list and find something you might actually like, although that might be pretty difficult seeing that your such an egotistical imbecile incapable of doing such a simple task like that.

If you haven't noticed, no one really cares about what you say, all your doing is complaining and whining about a game that isn't even out of the BETA stage yet, or do you not know what a  BETA is?

just in case your all confused about that, let me point out what it means:

beta

adj.

"preliminary or testing stage of a software or hardware product; "a beta version"; "beta software"

If you have a problem with it go send an e-mail to the developers to change whatever you think is wrong with it, don't just come here into the forums and start bashing it thinking where all just going to agree with you.

Your bashing the game, and now its the players turn to bash you. Don't like it, then leave.
  • Im glad the herokima yuekimos tims and hiruls of this world enjoy it and wish them a great life full of hardcore grinding and repetitive gameplay. May you get what you deserve.  Thanks for not answering my questions and acknowledging the game was a mindless grindfest, at least you still have some integrity left. Ive seen better games get cancelled in beta but since im nice ill cross my fingers for a few seconds and hope for you this one doesnt go down too fast so you can waste as much time on it as possible, have a good day.
  • HellmarauderHellmarauder Member Posts: 178

No one needs your pity, Poornstar, it's you who needs pity from all ppl who enjoy playing free MMO's, because they're having fun, and you obviously aren't.  Go back to waste your time in grinding for those epic gears, that is, until they are made obsolete by WoW's next expansion.      At least level grinders in korean games don't have to worry about their hardworks turned into nothing.

9 Dragons is still in beta.  Yes, it's a grindfest, but players in 9D would rather grind as a shaolin monk or a Wu Tang swordman than a stupid orc/elf/dwarf.  Btw, go learn something about  Jin Yong.  His history-based martial art stories are as much an icon in chinese pop culture as rock'n roll in the west.  Whether it tanks in the west or not, 9D is the only MMO's out there that shows some attention to authentic chinese martial arts, which alone justifies its creation.  With more content and pvp added, and continue its no-subscription model, it will be a hit in asia. 

So what if a game is a grindfest, as long as enough people can extract  fun out of playing it, it's a good game.  No one has the right to tell others how they should play or enjoy their games, least of all someone who drifts from game to game.

• nitebladeniteblade Member Posts: 44
    Originally posted by TimeViewer

@Poornstar How was your post anything but an attack, you started off calling it a sick grindfest, then went on to describe it as a boring waste of time, there's no discussion in that just attack. just like your comment "The sad reality is what you call "asian games" which are just "primitive contentless grindfests" " How is that in any way shape or form anything but an outright racist attack??? Seriously man, that's pretty damn small minded.
    As to being F2P, when PW had the game it was BETA, not F2P, many people seem to get confused about that concept, they don't charge because they're asking people to come in and test the game, to help them find bugs and offer suggestions that will make it more fun, constructive suggestions, not just "oh I hate this game, blah". I have no idea what Acclaim is doing with it but some games are finding different directions for income, those include allowing F2P and "Gold" accounts with those P2P getting better drops, items, etc or online shops that sell special items. Online gaming has been an evolution ever since it's start, not everyone can afford the monthly fees so they experiment.
    As to your arguments about it being "work" I did say that online games are suppose to be more about community, not just play. I don't need to see another glorified chatroom, I like these games. If you don't I don't see why your even here or even bother to play any of them. People who are griefing others are people who are going to do that no matter how long they've played. You seem to think that people go into a game get bored and say "hey I think I'll go darkside and waste people", sorry but those who play like buttheads were born that way, the game didn't "make" them turn into jerks. I see griefers, KSers, drop thieves, and all out dimwits at every level, ones who do it to low levels with their high level characters are just the most pathetic of them all, kind of like grown men who beat on small children or weak women but never have the guts to attack a real man (or woman), you're just seeing how many real cowards the world has.
    As for WoW's draw that's kind of a no brainer, Warcraft is well established, not only having PC games but all the way back to PnP (Pen and Paper). They can afford good advertising both on TV and the net, hell, they've even gotten themselves on South Park. Put all that up vs an inknown that only a few thousand (at best) find out about, thanks especially to this very website (which currently has only 500k members) and it's easy to figgure out why WoW would be doing better.
    The whole antiasian thing is pretty silly to me, I'm not sure of who started it, it seems that we have a number of people who want t lock themselves away, they hate anime, they hate asian games, they hate everything to do with asians. It may, in part, have to do with differing styles of game play. When I first started playing asian games I was only one of a very few people from the US in games where very few people spoke English and found them to be far more agressive in PvP than I was use to, that was my lack of experience in their world, so I got use to it and expanded my horizons a bit and had fun.
    When I first started playing online it was only Americans and a few Canadians, now it's most of the world. I think part of it comes from an online version of culture shock. I view the net as the one place where we can get over our collective governments and become a true world culture, I really hate to see the net, and especially gaming, turn into the same old garbage that politicians and small minded people have turned the rest of our world into.
    I agree in all with what you have stated in your last 2 post.   Unfortunelty, they'll never understand.  They'll continue to be unsatisfied hopping from game to game. 
    Poor, I did answer you, in fact the answers lay in everything I've said these last few posts, funny you should say that when you haven't answered mine. Ok you don't like the game, I think we get that. I liked it, I didn't like Acclaim doing what it did so I left but you don't see me in here shooting it down (My only problem is with GameGuard). If you like WoW then go play WoW, why come in and attack the game in a forum for people who, for the most part, like the game? I've seen game after game where people came in, predicted nothing but doom for the game, yet time after time the games survive and even thrive. You think this game is a grind yet you never played the older games when we had to go out and kill things thousands of times over and over and over. If you want a glorified chatroom, well, there's always The Simms, I don't think there's much else in mmorpgs you're going to be happy with.

µV

• XzaroXzaro Member UncommonPosts: 1,719
    The main reason that most Asian MMORPGs has a larger grind is that Asians understand the concept of MMORPGs more. The point of MMORPGs is to socialize with other people around the globe, and to create their own content. Goodness, they actually stop around town to chat with strangers *GASP*, instead of just stopping in town to get their newest uber dragonsword and ask for "buff plz". You are supposed to be creating your own content within MMORPGs. A grind will not feel like a grind if you have fun doing it.

Why do people use cheat codes in Single player games? Because it's fun. Instead of going through every tedious level, they just type in a cheat code to walk through walls. You are supposed to think up ways by yourself to make a game fun to yourself. If you enjoy socializing with people, then stop by and chat with a few people (although that can be hard in some games, as it is filled with hard-headed people who only seek to get their next level). You enjoy roleplaying? Then do so. It is called an MMORPG for a reason. Join a guild that roleplays. I guarentee you that it will make your playing experience up to a thousand times better if you enjoy roleplaying.

And last, have to mention this even though many people mention it, every single MMORPG (and I don't care if you find 1 MMORPG that no one knows about) has a grind. How long does the amazing and exciting quests last in WoW? 2 months? It takes at most half a year to reach level 60 if you play casually. After that, it's time to grind instances for that new uber tier 3 armour for months to come. Not all people that play free MMORPGs cannot afford P2P MMORPGs (like me). We search for a game where we can have fun in, not a game that makes our ego big.

well its a great game anyway and i amnage to get till sun and moon 11.

and by the way i think grindfest in no problem for this great game with great features.

at least while playing this game, im still waiting the Silkroad online europe to be realease.

• rahzzinrahzzin Member Posts: 10
    Originally posted by Xzaro

Why do people use cheat codes in Single player games? Because it's fun. Instead of going through every tedious level, they just type in a cheat code to walk through walls. You are supposed to think up ways by yourself to make a game fun to yourself. If you enjoy socializing with people, then stop by and chat with a few people (although that can be hard in some games, as it is filled with hard-headed people who only seek to get their next level). You enjoy roleplaying? Then do so. It is called an MMORPG for a reason. Join a guild that roleplays. I guarentee you that it will make your playing experience up to a thousand times better if you enjoy roleplaying.

And last, have to mention this even though many people mention it, every single MMORPG (and I don't care if you find 1 MMORPG that no one knows about) has a grind. How long does the amazing and exciting quests last in WoW? 2 months? It takes at most half a year to reach level 60 if you play casually. After that, it's time to grind instances for that new uber tier 3 armour for months to come. Not all people that play free MMORPGs cannot afford P2P MMORPGs (like me). We search for a game where we can have fun in, not a game that makes our ego big.
    Damn straight!  I am glad someone gets it!  Maybe people haven't noticed what I have...yes, you have to grind in 9D...BUT think about it, folks...takes maybe 20 mins to an hour to ding in 9D...what other games level that quickly?  Yeah, ok, in the mid-RC chengs it gets much slower, but still fast.  What I do is spend one night grinding, the next night I have all the quests from the 4-5 levels I gained waiting for me, and I go and do those.  Maybe I go to Hefei and shop for an hour or so, see what stuff I can get, and maybe run around grinding LF a bit.  Just b/c a game is a grindfest doesn't mean you ONLY have to grind.  Shit, I WISH I could have soloed as much stuff in EQ as I can in 9D, since that suits my personal playstyle alot more!
  • Is this game released yet? Is it still a sick grindfest? Do you guys still play?

Persistent Worlds seems to have been driven out of the market when Acclaim (not the original game company, just some posers who bought the name) opened their own 9D server and turned it into a n00bfest. Last I heard the game was overloaded with idiots to the point of being unplayable, shame too it was a nice game and PW ran a nice environment.

EDIT: Just noticed others still talking about it so I assume they're the ones still playing, me I moved on

µV

• vingvegavingvega Member Posts: 577

The game blows...I played it for a month, what a waste of time.  And don't forget kiddies you can spend REAL money at their SUPA MALL and get UBER LEET gear to make your grindfest just as fun.  Thumbs down Charlie Brown...NEXT!