Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

is there any free trials for auto assault?

ianmccianmcc Member Posts: 38

i have had my eye on this game for quite a while now and i have heard some people say its great and others saying its garbage, now i'm guessing that like most games its upto personal opinion so i realy would like to try before i buy. this game looks very intense and exciting but i reckon that like other games like that they just loose their shine after a a month (or less). i have had an experience with guild wars (bad experience lol) but ill give NC another chance as i am a forgiving person . i would also appreciate any opinions from both players who like and dislike it.

i realy would appreciate it that if a trial exists that u post a link to where it is obtained

Comments

• HeLL_SNXHeLL_SNX Member Posts: 239
    Give it a shot..all the links you need are below!

Cya in the wastelands!

WHAT IS AUTO ASSAULT?
    AUTO ASSAULT 14 DAY TRIAL
    "It is the nature of herds that they flock to where there are more of the same not more quality."

• ianmccianmcc Member Posts: 38
    thanks! ill go try it now
  • MadGeloMadGelo Member UncommonPosts: 110
    game looks odd
  • [sYn][sYn] Member UncommonPosts: 61
    Now I don't want to come off as one of those game hating idiots, so please take my comments not as fact (well.. not as fact of the current game state) and advise me on my idiocies!

I played this game long long ago in the early beta stages, I continued to do so off and on (when the servers were up..) up until a few months/weeks before release.. At this stage the game just felt so; wrong. It was interesting, something a little different, certainly new, and best of all it reminded me of my favourite game series twisted metal! However, as far as MMO's go, it really wasn't the brightest fire around. The grind and repetitive nature of the game (down to the fact that every single attack was pre-scripted, so no matter how many times I drove past an area, the exact same attack and battle would ensue!) paired with the horrid "on foot" areas and the utterly painful upgrade/skill system.. I mean, as you can probably tell I wasn't that big a fan.

So to my point, what has changed? Why is this game worth peoples time?

The statements above are of course my opinion and in no way show how others may feel about the game, so maybe it is a simple case of the game not being my cup of tea. I am however pretty open minded when it comes to games and I'm certain it must have had some pretty major improvements since release to make it worthwhile?

sorry for ranting in your thread!
    Originally posted by [sYn]

Now I don't want to come off as one of those game hating idiots, so please take my comments not as fact (well.. not as fact of the current game state) and advise me on my idiocies!

I played this game long long ago in the early beta stages, I continued to do so off and on (when the servers were up..) up until a few months/weeks before release.. At this stage the game just felt so; wrong. It was interesting, something a little different, certainly new, and best of all it reminded me of my favourite game series twisted metal! However, as far as MMO's go, it really wasn't the brightest fire around. The grind and repetitive nature of the game (down to the fact that every single attack was pre-scripted, so no matter how many times I drove past an area, the exact same attack and battle would ensue!) paired with the horrid "on foot" areas and the utterly painful upgrade/skill system.. I mean, as you can probably tell I wasn't that big a fan.

So to my point, what has changed? Why is this game worth peoples time?

The statements above are of course my opinion and in no way show how others may feel about the game, so maybe it is a simple case of the game not being my cup of tea. I am however pretty open minded when it comes to games and I'm certain it must have had some pretty major improvements since release to make it worthwhile?

sorry for ranting in your thread!
    Not quite sure what you mean by "every single attack being pre-scripted"...

You are making it sound like a 2d scrolling platform game.

I and most would agree that the missions can be quite repetitive in their nature.  But as far as I'm concerned, to me they are a means to levelling up and progressing through the storyline.

What has changed?

Well certainly not the levelling up process though the mission gaps that existed shortly after release have now been closed.

There was a lack of end game (level 80) PVE content which has now been adressed with 1 Boss instance and an additional random spawn (MommaBite - Mother of Darkbite).

Also an additional (level 18) Boss instance has been added for each faction to encourage grouping at an early stage.

The addition of tokens dropping for PVP kills was an encouraging step towards players getting more rewards for PVPing.

The introduction of some new set items purchasable via these tokens meant a reward system for veterans who stuck with the PVP end-game.

Also the new instance and random Bosses drop some unique weapons which are almost on par with the token gear.

The whole skill system has been revamped with every class now having 160 (168)  Skill POints to spend on their skill tree.

This is constantly being tweaked (SP's now being reduced to 149 in next Update) to solve the imbalance issues between factions that have existed since release.

Each skill (in all factions) now costs 10 SP's to max whereas before each skill had a different SP cost which restricted players to certain "uber" builds. This means all classes can now max 14 skills and opens up more variation possibilities on builds.

Also a respec/retraining terminal has been added for those build tweaks. Initially this had a limit to every 48 hours but now that resriction has been lifted although the price does go up each time.

Deflection has been re-introduced into the game. This function had been turned off way back. This means that concentrating on DPS ,Refire RAte and Accuracy alone doesn't guarantee uberness. Now Penetration and Offense have just as much importance.

Healing classes are now actually quite hard to kill (Shamans, Engineers,COnstructors) and are more effective in their support roles.

Bounty HUnters (HUman Stealth Class) uberness has been toned down. There were a few exploitable skills that have been corrected (GRoup CLoak and Self Cloak being on seperate timers, Group SIlence has been reduced to SIngle Target).

COming Soon in Update 4:

Auction House and ingame MAil SYstem (currently in testing on PTS). This wil give a welcome boost to crafters and makes sending your alt an item easier without relogging/trading etc.

New stronger outpost system (outpost turrets will actually be harder to kill) which means they will actually be useful in helping you defend outposts from opposing factions. It was too easy before for an opposing faction to stroll into an your outpost and attack you. Now it will be a bit more dangerous and will require tactical strategies.

Outpost buffs have been reduced and capped to a max of 3 at a time.

It has been determined that a major cause of desynch during PVP is the amount of buffs that you can get.

This increases the packet size that is sent to any players within your aura radius and therefore caused system lag/desynch.

---------------------------

As you can see a lot of the above adress the end-game (PVP) as that was the area deemed most in need of attention.

This also emphasises the point that the levelling up process is just a means to get to the end-game.

The game is still solo firendly upto level 74'ish, but after that point its not wise to try to keep playing solo PVP.

I would say the devs have had a hard time balancing this game, but are doing a fine job of it and are listening intently to the players issues. FOrced Grouping during levelling is something they have not done (bar a few instances), which makes some players happy and some not. But you cant please everyone all the time I guess.

SOme changes may have come a tad too late for some players, but most agree that its better to get Updates that adress a lot of issues all at once than more regular updates that adress little.

Hope this helps!

Cya in the wastelands!

WHAT IS AUTO ASSAULT?
    "It is the nature of herds that they flock to where there are more of the same not more quality."

• xohoxxohox Member Posts: 10

so is this game woth getting over all the other mmorpgs comming out or that allready are?

am am at the moment looking for a new MMOafter i got bored with WoW i, advise is allways welcome

See here for "IS this game worth playing?" POLL results...

I would say yes and after Update 4 hits us (should be this month), a lot of stuff is going to be even better.

AA is a lot of fun. SOme say its great as a second MMOG. For me its my main and only MMOG.

I hear in WOW you are pretty much forced to group but in AA its only the endgame PVP where grouping is essential. You can solo most of the game upto level 74'ish (level cap is 80). There are some bosses that you may need help with.

WHAT IS AUTO ASSAULT?