Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A Game In Waiting

navajinavaji Member UncommonPosts: 22

In my quest to find something new...from EQ2... I paid to D/L this game.  As of right now I found some other game that have me more captivated, However I see where in time this game will progress.  I'm in no way upset that I paid, I'll keep checking back from time to time and one day it will be as good as it should to get its share of the players.

Navaji

Comments

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924
    Originally posted by navaji

In my quest to find something new...from EQ2... I paid to D/L this game.  As of right now I found some other game that have me more captivated, However I see where in time this game will progress.  I'm in no way upset that I paid, I'll keep checking back from time to time and one day it will be as good as it should to get its share of the players.
    Navaji

Nice prediction .Can your crystal ball also see a bright future for DnL

Before you predict first man on the mars will be leonard nimoy here something to read

"I'm not sure if KFR is still sick or not. But I can tell you I've not got an email from him for a week and a half. That tells me that he's been away from the computer for some reason. Weather it's from sickness, working, or being pulled away for other reasons is beyond me.

He's also not been on the IM client we use, and he's normally always signed on weather he's physically there or not."

This is from the PR guy at RB.I assume you know this game is made and run by  about 5-6 people eh.So when KFR does no work nothing gets done .Seriously the whole development of the game depends on this one dude.Then within hours after not posting for a while guess what KFR returns to make some "hang in there " post for the gulliable to stay on .Now not only do this small man team time and time again prove there is little communication or knowledge of what the other is doing.They tend to appear like some prophet when the meager few are left  that  are threatening to leave and disappear with  a "have faith " message.

Sorry i have more faith in DnL team(which is none) then RB.They are spin doctors who cover every major game complaint with sacrasm and have horrible programming skills.

What gets me is some of the few people left have top critics of DnL and SWG NGE on this forums.Yet they happily hang in and pay VERM money(yesh many gonna say they don't i am sure) to this sort of team who has shown as mouch amatuerish behaviour as DnL.I mean top deveoper(well they are few but someone got to be top) comes online after a while and post "reason we not been doing much fixing is because we were ALL sick and on holidays".

Care to re predict now ?

• VirtusVirtus Member Posts: 492
    Originally posted by hercules

So when KFR does no work nothing gets done .Seriously the whole development of the game depends on this one dude.
    WB Herc :)

Not true, the other devs are working on stuff even if KFR is not.

the next statement, I will partially agree with. when KFR is AWOL nothing can be patched so the game does not get updated.
  • navajinavaji Member UncommonPosts: 22

I'm just a simple person who plays games... not sure what all that mumbo jumbo was by Hercules...  I'm not up to speed on MMO industry happening.  Please give it to me in a more laymans terms so I can understand?  I realy would like for this game to improve... there are pleanty of Fantasy games out there.  I don't want another EQ... romans add a new angle to work with, just like pirate MMOs are starting to kick off.  Voyage Century kicks royal but!!!

Lemme Know.........

Navaji

• MW2KMW2K Member UncommonPosts: 1,036

Navaji - time to "un-simple" yourself.

• Sir-RealSir-Real Member Posts: 27
    Originally posted by hercules

Before you predict first man on the mars will be leonard nimoy here something to read
    "I'm not sure if KFR is still sick or not. But I can tell you I've not got an email from him for a week and a half. That tells me that he's been away from the computer for some reason. Weather it's from sickness, working, or being pulled away for other reasons is beyond me.

He's also not been on the IM client we use, and he's normally always signed on weather he's physically there or not."
    This is from the PR guy at RB.I assume you know this game is made and run by  about 5-6 people eh.So when KFR does no work nothing gets done .Seriously the whole development of the game depends on this one dude.Then within hours after not posting for a while guess what KFR returns to make some "hang in there " post for the gulliable to stay on .Now not only do this small man team time and time again prove there is little communication or knowledge of what the other is doing.They tend to appear like some prophet when the meager few are left  that  are threatening to leave and disappear with  a "have faith " message.
    Sorry i have more faith in DnL team(which is none) then RB.They are spin doctors who cover every major game complaint with sacrasm and have horrible programming skills.
    What gets me is some of the few people left have top critics of DnL and SWG NGE on this forums.Yet they happily hang in and pay VERM money(yesh many gonna say they don't i am sure) to this sort of team who has shown as mouch amatuerish behaviour as DnL.I mean top deveoper(well they are few but someone got to be top) comes online after a while and post "reason we not been doing much fixing is because we were ALL sick and on holidays".
    Care to re predict now ?

Right, did you come up with all that yourself, or did you just copy what dozens of others have said before you, including you (lol). Kanoth isn't the PR-dude, he isn't even a developer (although he is the hero of the fora :P ). That's NGW. And the fact that people still invest their money in this game should make you wonder 'Maybe there actually is something good about this game'. I won't tell you it's good, nor will I go all fanboi over 'potential'. And yes, I agree the dev-team is rather amateur. But still, I pre-ordered this game one year ago now I think. In September (so +- one and a half year) and I still play it. The only game that ever even got close to that is AoE 2.

Just stop trolling/bashing and try to actually make sense instead of just rehasing the old bashes.

• JetJonJetJon Member Posts: 31

[quote]

Care to re predict now ?

[/quote]

some people have been told by KFR not to speard this word, in fact we have been asked not to post here becasue we only get flames.

but anyway, i am a live server tester. i test the game to try and isolate bugs, and help the client coder fix them. i and the others have made some fairly big headway over the last few months. we work primarialy with the client coder (yes just one guy) his name is jooky on the fourms. i was helping him throough KFRs whole sick thing, and i assure you, plenty of work was done, the new UI got and extra week of testing becasue KFR was not around to patch it. good thing too, a few bugs came out in that time.

so, you know, do some more research, you act like you know, time to actualy know things. you can start by pulling your head out of your ass.

• OrlandoSheaOrlandoShea Member Posts: 47
    All those who flame here will pay the price. Cmon punks! Make my day!

• MW2KMW2K Member UncommonPosts: 1,036

Originally posted by OrlandoShea
    All those who flame here will pay the price. Cmon punks! Make my day! image

So says a guy who sends me a PM trying to wheedle my account info out of me. image

• I was very interested in this game back when it was in it's beta stages. I actually made it into the commercial beta and was blown off my feet. The game was very sub my expectations of it and I sadly lost interest in the whole project all of a sudden. If the developers manage to evolve the game, it won't be any time soon. And time is money.

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924
    Originally posted by Ulujain

Originally posted by OrlandoShea

All those who flame here will pay the price. Cmon punks! Make my day!

So says a guy who sends me a PM trying to wheedle my account info out of me.

owned