Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Women Gamers and The Power of the Feminine

1235»

Comments

• tvalentinetvalentine Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,216
    Another retarded thread, going on about how girls arent treated as equals. Every game ive played ive seen em treated as equals. The only times i dont see em treated good, is if a guy makes a girl avatar or vise versa, all these "girl only guilds" take away the girls from the  "normal" guilds. I would hate it, if my guild was all guys, i mean hell i always have a few girl friends and a few guy friends that are really kool people. All these kinds of guilds are doing, is creatin a boundry inside the game. A boundry that isnt needed, or wanted. Yah some girl only guilds are made, but most of the time their just for fun it doesnt change much. But extremist guilds like these always seem to cause trouble.

Playing: EVE Online
    Favorite MMOs: WoW, SWG Pre-cu, Lineage 2, UO, EQ, EVE online
    Looking forward to: Archeage, Kingdom Under Fire 2
    KUF2's Official Website - http://www.kufii.com/ENG/ -

• -Rodriguez--Rodriguez- Member Posts: 151
    Originally posted by Keridwan

By the way Shae, that was not a half bad response. Clever girl. Well done !! I am really proud and pleased with you. Impressed as I am I'll send you my London number by pm, but later because atm I am in Paris. I still think you would look gorgeous in Pink.

Ah yes, the burden of the international Jetset...

Its just so difficult to remember an addresses in Lisbon , Rome or Frankfurt if you are not actually there.

Poor girl

PS: How many people do you think actually believe you? Just curious...
  • KatagiriKatagiri Member UncommonPosts: 84
    Yeah... girls are treated equal... try to play Gunbound on Brazilian server... if you're a girl you're called b**ch and worse.
  • Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977
    Originally posted by Katagiri

Yeah... girls are treated equal... try to play Gunbound on Brazilian server... if you're a girl you're called b**ch and worse.
    I call players of all genders b**ch in EVE, for instance before podding someone who'd called me a coward I might type "Who's ya daddy now you little b****?". Equality 4TW!

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• KeridwanKeridwan Member Posts: 118
    Originally posted by -Rodriguez-

Its just so difficult to remember an addresses in Lisbon , Rome or Frankfurt if you are not actually there.

Poor girl

Hmmm Rodriguez .... I thought you had a little more panache and style. As anyone with any  basic knowledge will tell you London to Paris is little more than 1 hour 45 minutes on the Le Shuttle. Indeed there are many people who use the London-Paris connection on a daily basis as Anglo-Franco commuters. It's hardly international jet setting dear.

• TaramTaram Member CommonPosts: 1,700
    Originally posted by Keridwan

Originally posted by -Rodriguez-

Poor girl

Hmmm Rodriguez .... I thought you had a little more panache and style. As anyone with any  basic knowledge will tell you London to Paris is little more than 1 hour 45 minutes on the Le Shuttle. Indeed there are many people who use the London-Paris connection on a daily basis as Anglo-Franco commuters. It's hardly international jet setting dear.

I think his point was that he found it hard to believe that you can't remember your home phone number and needed to wait till you got home to PM it   Not that I think he was right or wrong but I think that was the point he was trying to make...

"A ship-of-war is the best ambassador." - Oliver Cromwell

• KeridwanKeridwan Member Posts: 118
    Originally posted by Taram

I think his point was that he found it hard to believe that you can't remember your home phone number and needed to wait till you got home to PM it   Not that I think he was right or wrong but I think that was the point he was trying to make...

oh my ic, pardon me ... well that is easily explained, I like to send people special little pretty AI invitations with personal details etc on, and I only had my lap top with me at that moment.

• WoW_AdictWoW_Adict Member Posts: 7

Why do people not think thing of this sort is not an issue. they are and just because they haven't experienced it don't mean that it is completly stupid. i dont agree with trying to play up to the sexism of guys but instead to defy it. instead of doing what you expect do the unexpected. why not make a non whore looking woman player and just outright play the game better!

• Lai'AhnaLai'Ahna Member Posts: 126
    Ok so I read the blog. Applications are closed. So what was the point in this thread?

It's all about the fantasy baby!
    www.solsticeserver.com

This discussion has been closed.