Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Women Gamers and The Power of the Feminine

Comments

• KeridwanKeridwan Member Posts: 118
    Originally posted by Staircase

Just my little bit of input....you're on about morals...and yet you state that religon has no input on your morals...well that's completly wrong, becasue if religion has no input on your morals then you're on about ethics. Morals and ethics are the same thing, apart from one has religion included in it...any moral judgement is taken by some kind of religious property, idea or act, wheras ethics is what society now accepts as the norm. There is a very fine line between the two.
    religion has no input on your morals ... that is what the Captain said in an earlier part of the thread, I quoted it to respond. Staircase, either concentrate on the threads and discussion, or remove yourself from this forum. Hmmmm perhaps its your bed time, but make sure you tidy your room up first or else you will be in big trouble ....
  • korvasskorvass Member Posts: 616
    I withdraw my curiosity. The thread has become vapid now. *moves on*
  • shaeshae Member Posts: 2,509
    Originally posted by Keridwan

Originally posted by shae

Oh and by the way dear, if your ever in Ottawa by all means give me a ring, I'd be more then happy to show you around. Don't worry about the Waxing, don't worry about wearing anything frilly or pink for that matter, we base our sexuality or our power of the feminin out inanimate objects. Maybe it would do you some good.
    Oh yummy the lovely Shae comes out to play. Please sis be clear, "we base our sexuality or our power of the feminin out inanimate objects"? What on earth are you talking about Shae? I'm sorry but this pure nonsense. What exactly do you mean? Please enlighten us. Perhaps with a little clarification we can consider your alternative view of femininity and have a Femmes Fatales council meeting to discuss it in full. But seriously, I am not at all sure how "the feminin out inanimate objects" can do me some good?

By the way Shae, that was not a half bad response. Clever girl. Well done !! I am really proud and pleased with you. Impressed as I am I'll send you my London number by pm, but later because atm I am in Paris. I still think you would look gorgeous in Pink.

I've corrected the sentence, it sometimes takes me a few passes over the same phrase to get it right, after all English is my fourth language, perfection eludes me still I suppose...

Oh and by the way, I wear pink quite often and I look fabulous in it.

Assumptions are indeed the crux and crutch of the ignorant, aren't they?

• ElnatorElnator Member Posts: 6,077
    I remember Femme Fatales from DAOC... decent guild...

However this entire topic is just... amusing.

Female Gamers are no different than male gamers.  Anyone stupid enough to treat a girl differently just because she's a girl deserves to get exploited and taken for all they are worth.   Women who get overly fixated on needing 'power' over men (or over other women) are no different from men who get overly fixated on needing 'power' over others as well.  Generally they just go about it differently. 

Personally?  I could care less if the person behind the avatar is a guy or a girl.  If they're an enemy they all die the same.  If they're a friend they either pull their weight or get kicked to the curb.

That is the Wolf's Dragoons way (My DAOC guild).  Either you are a friend... or you're a target.  Or maybe an ally either worth ignoring or worth helping. 

Currently Playing: Dungeons and Dragons Online.
    Sig image Pending
    Still in: A couple Betas

Originally posted by Elnator

I remember Femme Fatales from DAOC... decent guild...

However this entire topic is just... amusing.

Female Gamers are no different than male gamers.  Anyone stupid enough to treat a girl differently just because she's a girl deserves to get exploited and taken for all they are worth.   Women who get overly fixated on needing 'power' over men (or over other women) are no different from men who get overly fixated on needing 'power' over others as well.  Generally they just go about it differently. 

Personally?  I could care less if the person behind the avatar is a guy or a girl.  If they're an enemy they all die the same.  If they're a friend they either pull their weight or get kicked to the curb.

That is the Wolf's Dragoons way (My DAOC guild).  Either you are a friend... or you're a target.  Or maybe an ally either worth ignoring or worth helping. 

El!!!! As if you just randomely show up and not say hi, after ditching me for so long!!!

Not pleased El, not pleased at all .

• StaircaseStaircase Member Posts: 29

Originally posted by Staircase

Just my little bit of input....you're on about morals...and yet you state that religon has no input on your morals...well that's completly wrong, becasue if religion has no input on your morals then you're on about ethics. Morals and ethics are the same thing, apart from one has religion included in it...any moral judgement is taken by some kind of religious property, idea or act, wheras ethics is what society now accepts as the norm. There is a very fine line between the two.
    religion has no input on your morals ... that is what the Captain said in an earlier part of the thread, I quoted it to respond. Staircase, either concentrate on the threads and discussion, or remove yourself from this forum. Hmmmm perhaps its your bed time, but make sure you tidy your room up first or else you will be in big trouble ....

first off...there was no idea to attempt to offend me, and i'm not going to 'attempt' to do it back, not worth my time. Why couldn't you have simply said..."haha, you've basically just agreed with me there". Instead you insist on calling me a child.

And...just for the record...re-read what i put please. i state that if religion has no input on morals it then becomes an ethic. so, please before you offend make sure you know what you're on about:)

pardon me Staircase, you are quite right. I retract what I said and apologise to you.
  • StaircaseStaircase Member Posts: 29
    Thank you very much...nice to know there are still some people out there willing to admit their mistakes:)

anyway, i'll leave you all to it again.

A gamer is a gamer no matter what sex, unlike the real world a female has no disadvantages in front of a computer screen so why should she be given advantages in-game?

(disadvantages such as being weaker, natural body actions etc etc, i'm not being sexist)
  • Nicod3musNicod3mus Member UncommonPosts: 114
    Quit trying to drive traffic to your blog. We don't care if your girls or aliens...please come join one of our srvers so we can kill you.
  • OzriokOzriok Member Posts: 38
    C'mon guys.

As Tamalan  pointed out this "girl" is more than likely a guy.  Let's look at the facts here.

1.  "She" uses big words.

We all know that girls can't use big words.  Science has proven that females have less brain power than men and when it's Science, you can't argue with it.

2. "She" is a tease.

If any of you have ever played an MMOG, you would know that all the "girl" gamers that are out there that are teases are actually guys.  The reason I know this is because I actually met up with one of the "girls" in real life.  16 stitches, 1 arrest and a general questioning of my manhood later, I developed the ability to sniff out a guy--in the most heterosexual way possible of course.

3. "She" resisted my calls.

That's right, I called her up and even though her voice sounded kinda female, I knew that when she totally rejected me that she had to be a guy.  I've come to the very Scientific Conclusion that all girls who reject me are guys. 

Even the ones that look and sound like girls.  Remeber, Science.

4. Book like paragraphs

This directly correlates with 1.  In addtion to the big words there are long, boring, book like paragraphs.  And as we all know, the books all written by women have been utter failures.  I saw one the other day that looked promising but when I opened it up it was just full of pictures of puppies and kowala bears.    

5.  "She" plays videogames.

This is the most important one fellas.  There are no girls that play videogames.  Anywhere.  Even if they look like they're playing videogames they're faking it.  Which the last girl I was awkwardly with said she doing but she never played videogames so I don't know what she was talking about.  I have conclusive studies by top mathmaticians stating the odds of  a female playing videogames are so astronmical, Stepeh Hawkings head exploded trying to calculate it.  I also have top Biologists who have done research experiments on the effects videogames have on Vaginas.  Apparently, videogames are to Vaginas as kryptonite is to Superman.  I know, I know, it's sad but it's also a fact.  I've had to deal with and you will too, unless you want to live in a fantasy land where women can vote too.

I think my point is clear.

Girls killed Stephen Hawking. 

Yes, I also find that shallow and pedantic.

• War_DancerWar_Dancer Member Posts: 941
    Originally posted by Keridw

Shae thus far I have desisted from responding to you. Partly because in many ways it plays into the hands of the masculine, e.g. the voyeuristic tendencies that enjoy watching two women have a cat fight; and partly because you already confirm the loaded stereotypes of woman.

Yeah I'm sure your so again playing to the voyeuristic tendencies of men ....

So Femmes Fatales as an expression of the sublime feminine as "will to power", shall continue to mesmerize, seduce, tease and provoke. And more than anything else we shall continue to use our power to be wicked, desirable and feminine. MMOs provide us a perfect context to deploy and sustain our ambitions."

Originally posted by War_Dancer

Originally posted by Keridw

Shae thus far I have desisted from responding to you. Partly because in many ways it plays into the hands of the masculine, e.g. the voyeuristic tendencies that enjoy watching two women have a cat fight; and partly because you already confirm the loaded stereotypes of woman.

Yeah I'm sure your so again playing to the voyeuristic tendencies of men ....

So Femmes Fatales as an expression of the sublime feminine as "will to power", shall continue to mesmerize, seduce, tease and provoke. And more than anything else we shall continue to use our power to be wicked, desirable and feminine. MMOs provide us a perfect context to deploy and sustain our ambitions."

Yay, finally someone else recognises the complete contradictions by which this person has introduced themselves and their guild.

I think I'm actually begining to see the humor in it now .

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

Originally posted by shae

You are a bump on the road to be passed by every women of the future who wishes to have self dignity and self worth. You are an archaic melange of uselessness that we sit back and laugh at and tell stories about.
    For real women, confident women, self assured women, those of us that exude and implore feminism from the inside and outwards, for women who believe we are people and are not solely defined by our gendeFr, you are nothing, no one. You are weak, naive and most of all, lost.
    I would pitty you if it was not so terribly wasted.

If there is anyone in this entire debate that is confirming the stereotype of women, then its you. the irony of that post is just absurd.
  • loreofchaosloreofchaos Member Posts: 316

Femmes Fatales

There has been much discussion in these forums about gender and women and girl gamers. Inevitably there have been some very considered and constructive views, and there have naturally been immature, narrow and silly comments. There is, however, an alternative view that has been expressed in the activities of a "feminine only" group called Femmes Fatales who played Dark Age of Camelot for some five years, and later moved to World of Warcraft, GuildWars and Lineage 2. Femmes Fatales adopted a radically different perspective on gaming values. We wanted to emphasize the "power of the feminine" in MMOs and made no apologies for being separatist and exclusive in this respect. We felt that men as well as women are able to express and appreciate these qualities and in turn adopted an "anti feminist" stance.

Please see the following Blog entry for a brief discussion

http://keridwanthompson.spaces.live.com/

Femmes Fatales will be relocating to Vanguard: Saga of Heroes, and eventually Age of Conan and Warhammer in 2007. Our web site is currently under going an overhaul, details to be published later.

Please note that our policy is "feminine" or if you prefer "female only" characters.

There is only one word that can actually fit this post. Radical....I mean more radical than teddy resovelt, more radical than all the damn roman emperors who's corruption has killed many. Sexist? Yea Racist? who knows...depends on how you achieve members. However I think it would be best if divisions were not made, go look at the 50 and 60's. At any rate you will be the last guild I would have my girlfriend join. People like you who make mmo community's suck. Further more get more people in my college who argue over pro's and con's of men and wemon. Sadly enough I hate it more when they try to involve me. Sexiest seems to have a huge toll on both sides of the gender. Retarded in my view, at any rate thought I post my thoughts on this.

Take a deep drink of your demon Lad, tonight we tangle with the fire in the gut.

• RyuhoKudoRyuhoKudo Member Posts: 8

man this thread is series of TL;DR post...

• CymdaiCymdai Member UncommonPosts: 1,043
    I got a feeling a lot of the angrier posters missed my last post.

Waiting for something fresh to arrive on the MMO scene...

• ladyloreladylore Member Posts: 126
    Originally posted by Gameloading

Originally posted by Ulujain

I'm not even going to bother. If you can't see the obvious diffrence between "in a game" and "real life", then I think I'll just be wasting my breath trying to explain.

I can see it - I asked *you* what *you* think the difference is. Now, answer. Don't troll, don't post spin, don't evade - just answer it. What is this difference, according to you?

As I said, I'm not even going to bother. I'm not going to write an entire article of something that is SO incredibly obvious. Its an incredible waste of time. It like explaining why 1 + 1 is 2.

Now you know how I feel interacting with a kid like you. That's right, you are a kid, with a kid's experiences and a kid's point-of-view. Time will cure most of that, and I'm afraid you'll have to take my word on that one. Argue it as much as you want; it's an inescapable fact.

I'm not patronising you or belittling you, Gameloading, I'm being honest - but I'm certain you won't see it that way. You are a bright guy, but your reach does exceed your grasp on occcasion.

But, after being online for 16-18 years like I have, I no longer perceive any real difference between computer-based interaction and "real-life" interaction. To me, there is no difference apart from the medium involved and a spurious feeling of anonymity.

"Hitting" on someone in-game to me is no different to what goes on at a nightclub or some other social venue, physical or virtual - I met my current wife online on ICQ over 9 years ago and I'll be married to her 9 years this July. I moved from one continent to another to be with her.

So, to me, there is no real difference, and I've had far, far too many experiences to be told blithely that there is.

Yes, hitting on people for the sheer sake that the target "may" be of the opposite sex is ridiculous, but the fact that you're playing a MMO should be no barrier to love or a good time if it leads in that direction. Some people communicate better via a keyboard than they do tete-a-tete, for a variety of reasons.

For the benefit of this topic:

I'm too old to even consider the reality of girl gamers to be a legitimate issue. They exist and oh well. Good on them. It's a total non-issue. Shame some immature people see fit to still make it one.

We are talking about seduction here. There is a diffrence with starting a relation through online and the practise of these bunch of women.  a WORLD OF DIFFRENCE.  Comparing it with the relation of your wife is ignorant, and is something that is entirely diffrent then the practise of this "guild". I have absolutely nothing against online relations, Nothing at all.

But this:

"So Femmes Fatales as an expression of the sublime feminine as "will to power", shall continue to mesmerize, seduce, tease and provoke. And more than anything else we shall continue to use our power to be wicked, desirable and feminine. MMOs provide us a perfect context to deploy and sustain our ambitions. "

Should stay out of games. In the future, when I let my kid play an MMORPG, I don't want him/her to be exposed to crap like this in a GAME. And not just for my kids. When I play an MMORPG, I also want to play the game without seeing a bunch of women "seducing" people to get whatever it is they want.

Actually Gameloading, Ulujain is right here.  There are many reasons why people try to "seduce" others, including just for the fun of it.  And it is really no different if done live or online.  If a bunch of women think it is fun to roleplay seductresses in a game, let them.  WHAT IN THE WORLD is so BAD about that?  I really don't get what problem you have with that.

You keep talking about kids playing the game.  That's the problem right there.  If a kid isn't mature enough to handle the possibility of somebody roleplaying something that isn't approporiate for them, then they are not mature enough to be playing an online ROLEPLAYING game with massive amounts of strangers. 

If you have an issue with women or "feminine" people using their charms to get what they want, then you have a problem with it, that doesn't mean that it is problematic.  Half of getting what you want in life is about working with what you've got.

I don't know how I personally would feel about joining an all girl guild, but I like the idea of getting to roleplay a seductress.  Heck, it isn't something I do irl because I am happily married and have talent and intelligence, so why not in a game? 

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    Originally posted by ladylore

I'm not even going to bother. If you can't see the obvious diffrence between "in a game" and "real life", then I think I'll just be wasting my breath trying to explain.

I can see it - I asked *you* what *you* think the difference is. Now, answer. Don't troll, don't post spin, don't evade - just answer it. What is this difference, according to you?

As I said, I'm not even going to bother. I'm not going to write an entire article of something that is SO incredibly obvious. Its an incredible waste of time. It like explaining why 1 + 1 is 2.

Now you know how I feel interacting with a kid like you. That's right, you are a kid, with a kid's experiences and a kid's point-of-view. Time will cure most of that, and I'm afraid you'll have to take my word on that one. Argue it as much as you want; it's an inescapable fact.

I'm not patronising you or belittling you, Gameloading, I'm being honest - but I'm certain you won't see it that way. You are a bright guy, but your reach does exceed your grasp on occcasion.

But, after being online for 16-18 years like I have, I no longer perceive any real difference between computer-based interaction and "real-life" interaction. To me, there is no difference apart from the medium involved and a spurious feeling of anonymity.

"Hitting" on someone in-game to me is no different to what goes on at a nightclub or some other social venue, physical or virtual - I met my current wife online on ICQ over 9 years ago and I'll be married to her 9 years this July. I moved from one continent to another to be with her.

So, to me, there is no real difference, and I've had far, far too many experiences to be told blithely that there is.

Yes, hitting on people for the sheer sake that the target "may" be of the opposite sex is ridiculous, but the fact that you're playing a MMO should be no barrier to love or a good time if it leads in that direction. Some people communicate better via a keyboard than they do tete-a-tete, for a variety of reasons.

I'm too old to even consider the reality of girl gamers to be a legitimate issue. They exist and oh well. Good on them. It's a total non-issue. Shame some immature people see fit to still make it one.

We are talking about seduction here. There is a diffrence with starting a relation through online and the practise of these bunch of women.  a WORLD OF DIFFRENCE.  Comparing it with the relation of your wife is ignorant, and is something that is entirely diffrent then the practise of this "guild". I have absolutely nothing against online relations, Nothing at all.

But this:

"So Femmes Fatales as an expression of the sublime feminine as "will to power", shall continue to mesmerize, seduce, tease and provoke. And more than anything else we shall continue to use our power to be wicked, desirable and feminine. MMOs provide us a perfect context to deploy and sustain our ambitions. "

Should stay out of games. In the future, when I let my kid play an MMORPG, I don't want him/her to be exposed to crap like this in a GAME. And not just for my kids. When I play an MMORPG, I also want to play the game without seeing a bunch of women "seducing" people to get whatever it is they want.

Actually Gameloading, Ulujain is right here.  There are many reasons why people try to "seduce" others, including just for the fun of it.  And it is really no different if done live or online.  If a bunch of women think it is fun to roleplay seductresses in a game, let them.  WHAT IN THE WORLD is so BAD about that?  I really don't get what problem you have with that.

You keep talking about kids playing the game.  That's the problem right there.  If a kid isn't mature enough to handle the possibility of somebody roleplaying something that isn't approporiate for them, then they are not mature enough to be playing an online ROLEPLAYING game with massive amounts of strangers. 

If you have an issue with women or "feminine" people using their charms to get what they want, then you have a problem with it, that doesn't mean that it is problematic.  Half of getting what you want in life is about working with what you've got.

I don't know how I personally would feel about joining an all girl guild, but I like the idea of getting to roleplay a seductress.  Heck, it isn't something I do irl because I am happily married and have talent and intelligence, so why not in a game? 

There is no "right" or "wrong" here, it is a matter of opinion, but I don't know about you, But I don't want to see any people who sexualy "tease" or "seduce" each other in a GAME. These are no longer the 90's where only 20+ people play MMORPG's. This is 2007, People of all ages play MMORPG's. Should I keep children away from MMORPG's just because a bunch of females can't see the diffrence between reality and gaming? Because they feel a deep need to bring sex and erotic to MMORPG's?

Memorandum from the Immaculate Council of Femmes Fatales

Fellow Elitists, Supremacists, Comrades, Tyrants, Democrats and Plebians.

Before we close this thread we would like to sincerely thank you all for your contributions, readings and patience. As one may expect there have been erudite, considered and some enlightened views, unfortunately we have also heard from some lesser bed fellow grunts. To the brighter, more nuanced and subtle of you I apologise sincerely that the debate has inevitably been contaminated by "Das Man". As of necessity  the herd always have an instrinsic need to "level down" and flatten any semblance of high culture or value. And of course, self righteous as we are, we reserve this designation of "high" for our good selves.

We can think of five contributions that have made a particular impression. One of the Femmes Fatales Council Members has successfully invited one contributor out for a date. Of course she has no intention of paying for any of the evenings entertainment. She will, however, wear a foxy little electric blue number just to please the eye. All in all, the various offerings based on distinctions between masculine and feminine, real and virtual, moral and immoral, equality and inequality, authentic and deceptive, ironic and pragmatic have all enriched our dull kitchen lives.

Femmes Fatales has benefited enormously from this short but intense period of activity.  Overall we are glad you have taken the time and trouble to make your opinions heard.  Our prediction was that we would receive 50 contributions, so the 96 thus far has greatly exceeded our expectations. Well done girls and boys !!!

Most of all Femmes Fatales are pleased to announce that during the threads brief time span, we have received 105 applications to join our little syndicate. You can imagine how delighted and excited we are ! What a fabulous response rate and we would like to thank www.mmorpg.com for their indulgence. Of course, mmorpg.com has benefited greatly from a higher intelligence and more cultivated sensibility being brought to bear on their otherwise impoverised forums.

Out of the 105 applications, we are seriously considering and evaluating 5 applications. You can imagine we subject all applications to a thorough examination. To those who have unsuccessfully applied we apologise that some of you cannot be processed. The application by Ozriok, for example, despite our personal phone call, is quite frankly beyond the pale. Inspite of his scientific sensibilities, his rather pithy appeal to borrow and don our frilly knickers and skirts (on a loan basis !) so that he can experiment with his impotency, simply will not do. I am sorry Ozroik if you are dead down there, there is little any of us girls can do for you, after all we prefer virile Alpha male warriors. We dont perform miracles !! Yet.

Incidentally, Ozriok, scientific research (yes, rigorous, valid and methodologically sound) for Sony and others, has shown that 15% of all gamers are female.

I am afraid to say that we are now closing the application process. As I said in the Blog we are a small and intimate syndicate that prefers quality over quantity. Of course we shall be delighted to toy with and seduce you in AoC and Warhammer, and we look forwards to you shopping for us, and crafting our armour and weapons. For free of course !!

If you would really like to see a good movie that captures the essence of this thread please watch the movie "Shadow of Angels" starring that gorgeous hunk Rainer Werner Fassbinder. Alas this recommendation may well fall on deaf ears, but nevermind.

On behalf of Femmes Fatales and as a feature of our Swan Song I would like to thank you Fellow Campers. 
    ... and psstttt dont forget to leave the light on, as one of our Romanian members, Lady Selda, has a taste for blood ......

Good night and God Bless.

Keridwan

The Will to Power is a frugal resource, you dont have to think about it whilst walking the dog ....

• OzriokOzriok Member Posts: 38
    The application by Ozriok for example, despite our personal phone call, is quite frankly beyond the pale. Despite his scientific sensibilities, his rather pithy appeal to borrow and don our frilly knickers and skirts (on a loan basis !) so that he can experiment with his impotency, simply will not do. I am sorry Ozroik if you are dead down there, then there is little us girls can do for  you, after all we prefer virile warrior males. We dont perform miracles !! Yet.

I suppose I could attempt to point out the ridiculousness of this all but not only would it fall on deaf ears, I also learned long ago at the expense of one young retarded boy that arguing on Internet is like winning the Special Olympics. 

Thank you Young Retarded Boy who was the unfortunate victim of some clever photoshop. 

We, The Internet, are thankful for your sacrifice.

So instead, I'll go with:

Hahahahaha.

Edit: Quotation

Yes, I also find that shallow and pedantic.

• WrayethWrayeth Member Posts: 229

Having skimmed the topic, the blog and the responses:

You know, if a man were to put forth views about being male similar to what the OP has been saying about being feminine, he would be called a chauvanist.  I find it highly amusing (and also very sad) that these women appear to be attempting to exploit the double-standards of society when they're also the types who would complain if a man were to do the same.

Unfortunately, this is a trend I've been seeing more and more in real life as well as online, and, as a result, is it any wonder that I've become a borderline misogynist?

-shakes his head and stalks off in disgust-

-Wrayeth
    "Look, pa! I just contributed absolutely nothing to this thread!"

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

Originally posted by Rikimaru_X

I don't know. Why not have the discussion right here, rather than just going to look at it though a blog. Do you want a discussion or are you just advertising this? If you want the discussion, bring it on, but talking about the discussion of females playing video games then going about a guild/clan of females who play mmorpgs...it just seems like an Ad. I'll view the blog tomorrow. I was looking forward to the discussion in here.
    Hello Rikimaru, thanks for your reply. I was tempted to go into the details here and as you suggest open the debate with some key arguments. However, the full discussion on the blog is long and a bit technical, so I decided to provide a brief overview here and give those interested a link to the fuller discussion. In the Blog we define what we mean by "the feminine". I am hoping that those who read the Blog will either message me or include some of the (more controversial) claims here. I am sorry if it appears like an AD it wasn't intended that way.

If I may offer a small corrective Rikimaru, this is not really a discussion about "females playing video games" it is more about distinctions between feminine and masculine MMO players and how this maps out in guilds, character development and design and how gamers develop an on-line identity or role.

Ok I got you. Well I'll read it and get back to ya on it.

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• ginettiginetti Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 301

But this:

There is no "right" or "wrong" here, it is a matter of opinion, but I don't know about you, But I don't want to see any people who sexualy "tease" or "seduce" each other in a GAME. These are no longer the 90's where only 20+ people play MMORPG's. This is 2007, People of all ages play MMORPG's. Should I keep children away from MMORPG's just because a bunch of females can't see the diffrence between reality and gaming? Because they feel a deep need to bring sex and erotic to MMORPG's?

this thread reminds me of the scene in Anchorman, the legend of Ron Burgundy, where the all male news team is yelling and protesting at the head producer about a female joining the news staff, when Steve Carell's character, Brick's next line I think sums up this entire thread: "I don't know what we're yelling about" (said as a yell / scream)

----
    MMORPG's I've Played: World of Warcraft: 10/10 - Rappelz: 7/10 - Ragnarok Online: 8/10 - DnD Online: 2/10 - Runescape: 6/10 - LotR Online: 5/10 - Anarchy Online: 7/10 - CoV: 8/10 - Rohan Online: 8/10 - Guild Wars: 7/10 - Flyff: 8/10 - Warhammer Online: 8/10

My HARDCORE Story

• PraetorianiPraetoriani Member Posts: 1,147
    Originally posted by ginetti

But this:

this thread reminds me of the scene in Anchorman, the legend of Ron Burgundy, where the all male news team is yelling and protesting at the head producer about a female joining the news staff, when Steve Carell's character, Brick's next line I think sums up this entire thread: "I don't know what we're yelling about" (said as a yell / scream)

Except that in this case, several females disagree with the original poster as well?
  • Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977

I'd be willing to bet that the vast majority of their guild are probably blokes getting off talking dirty with them over the internet. I wonder how many "members" that are on vent don't have a mic? Also those gu.. erm I mean gals that don't have mics, why do you think they haven't bought one in the last six months?

Well I'll be glad if they accept my application, should be a good laugh listening to them carry on MUAH HAH HAH I'M SO EVIL!

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

This discussion has been closed.