Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worst MMO of all time?

13»

Comments

• LucicorLucicor Member Posts: 2
    For me, i think SWG is the worst MMO or Dark & Light.

LOTRO will be better than WoW :o

• ZippyDodahZippyDodah Member Posts: 120

I was surprised more people didn't say The Matrix Online, then I remembered that no one really bought it.

1. MXO

2. DnL

3. SWG

All terrible games with even worse customer service.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Originally posted by ZippyDodah

I was surprised more people didn't say The Matrix Online, then I remembered that no one really bought it.
    1. MXO
    2. DnL
    3. SWG

All terrible games with even worse customer service.

Yep, thats why i can't rate many of these bad games, I never played them thanks to the forewarning from reviews and sites like this one.

Worst game that I've ever played was Lineage 1.... but it was my first one so I really didn' t know better (though, it had some redeeming qualities).  I also didn't care for Shadowbane because at release it was very unstable and the server I was on was suddenly dominated by one single alliance who destroyed everyone else's cities (even the neutral ones) during 3 am raids (EST) so I could not even train anymore.

I guess RFO wasn't much fun either, mostly because I couldn't seem to locate a player community and felt I was really playing Lineage 2 all over again.... (not a fan of grinding games)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• 1. EQ

2. EQ2

3. Matrix Online
  • Grifter0408Grifter0408 Member Posts: 15
    I tried for DnL beta but never got in (probably a good thing), never heard of Mourning but of all the games I have tried I would say AO. That game was on my computer for a total of 20 minutes. 18 download/setup and then 2 minutes of what in the world.

DDO is about to earn "my worst MMO I have been trying to play but unable because no one can tell me why I cant access the game." Great customer service that many players are all having the same type of Login Error yet no one can tell them how to fix it.
  • fyren83fyren83 Member Posts: 8
    Originally posted by Necromage

Dude I liked FFXI For the very same reason u didnt
    FFXI made you work with other players
    it made teamwork a big thing and thats what a mmo
    should be about.
    ive tryed alot of mmo's and alot of them dont have the would teamwork factor in there
    like SWG, i gave it a chance cause im a SW fan i played it for bout two week and in tho 2 week
    i only had one guy that wanted to party and help each other out <<(Teamwork Factor)
    almost the whole time i played it, it felt like a single player game
    if i wanted to play it by my self id make me a server and play it alone so i wouldnt have to deal with the lag and that would be that
     ``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Except when I played FFXI, I flagged for an invite as a THF pre 15 and was able to watch a whole movie without a single invite.

That game is a disaster..

• mastervilemastervile Member Posts: 37
    Anarchy Online used be really good but now id say its about  worst. They just scammed people into buying a $30 patch advertised as an expansion  and crap one at that. Just this morning fc's pr guy says  all the zoneing and camera bugs are intended lol. I have to bet this is last year for that game even free accounts they hand out are unplayable anymore. Another game in long line where co. that owns a great game goes out of their way to kill it off.

• XApotheosisXXApotheosisX Member Posts: 277
    Originally posted by LordSlater

Originally posted by XApotheosisX

WoW or Eve
    Considering both games are still running quite happily with lots of subscribers id call that poster a troll.

lots of subscribers does not mean its a good game ... if that was the case then Mcdonalds would be the greatest resturant of all time. WoW is popular because any half brained, quadraplegic monkey could play it. Which pretty much describes 99% of thier playerbase.

Which is one of the reason that on most other MMO forums If someone talks about thier "WoW experience", I put thier opinion right there with gum on the bottom of my shoe on the respect level. In fact I want to start a petition that anyone that mentions thier "WoW experience" on a forum I am on is instantly banned. especially those dopes that say "OMG WoW iz gud bcause dey have so many plyrs!"

• euangelioneuangelion Member Posts: 109

1. D&D Online

2. SWG after patch

3. WoW

Tried: Vanguard, UO, Rappelz, Archlord, RF Online, SWG, WAR, Ryzom, Anarchy Online, AC, APB, STO, Perfect World, Black Prophecy...

Played: EQ,EQII, Lineage, Lineage 2, GW, EVE Online, AoC, DoAC, iRO, AC2, WoW, SWTOR, Runes of Magic, Allods, Rift..
    Currently Playing: Tera

• BonusbabeBonusbabe Member Posts: 10
    I would put my vote on Cabal Online, RF-online and 9 Dragons... hack and slash and no gameplay or rp value AT ALL!! so basicly just mindless grinding :S
  • LordSlaterLordSlater Member Posts: 2,087

WoW or Eve
    Considering both games are still running quite happily with lots of subscribers id call that poster a troll.

lots of subscribers does not mean its a good game ... if that was the case then Mcdonalds would be the greatest resturant of all time. WoW is popular because any half brained, quadraplegic monkey could play it. Which pretty much describes 99% of thier playerbase.

Which is one of the reason that on most other MMO forums If someone talks about thier "WoW experience", I put thier opinion right there with gum on the bottom of my shoe on the respect level. In fact I want to start a petition that anyone that mentions thier "WoW experience" on a forum I am on is instantly banned. especially those dopes that say "OMG WoW iz gud bcause dey have so many plyrs!"

Yea but unlike some those games still exist and ahve growing subsciber numbers which is a sign of succes. Which is a lot more than games liek Dark and Light have done or Horizons both of which have big problems in that area.

So on this alone both games are definatly not the worst games around becasue they are growing and liked and ahve a community.

• XApotheosisXXApotheosisX Member Posts: 277

WoW or Eve

Yea but unlike some those games still exist and ahve growing subsciber numbers which is a sign of succes. Which is a lot more than games liek Dark and Light have done or Horizons both of which have big problems in that area.

So on this alone both games are definatly not the worst games around becasue they are growing and liked and ahve a community.

worst/best is very subjective, if you want to dumb it down and say that population = good mmo. then yes WoW and EVE would probably be at the top. But then again like i said if that was the case then Mcdonalds would be one of the greatest resturants in the world and Titanic would be the greatest movies ever made. if you think that than well you're

To me a "good game" has to revolutionize the industry, when infact WoW takes the industry back quite a few notches. With its simplistic character classes, end game raiding being the only source of character advancement after max level and quite a number of other things. I consider WoW the Worst MMO ever made simply because of thier moronic fanbase for 1. Also because it is so dumbed down for the reason i stated, and because it is SO popular with dopes that it will set the MMO industry back many years  with companies copying thier style.

SWG for example already did this to make thier game more WoWish.

• Originally posted by XApotheosisX

WoW or Eve

worst/best is very subjective, if you want to dumb it down and say that population = good mmo. then yes WoW and EVE would probably be at the top. But then again like i said if that was the case then Mcdonalds would be one of the greatest resturants in the world and Titanic would be the greatest movies ever made. if you think that than well you're

To me a "good game" has to revolutionize the industry, when infact WoW takes the industry back quite a few notches. With its simplistic character classes, end game raiding being the only source of character advancement after max level and quite a number of other things. I consider WoW the Worst MMO ever made simply because of thier moronic fanbase for 1. Also because it is so dumbed down for the reason i stated, and because it is SO popular with dopes that it will set the MMO industry back many years  with companies copying thier style.

Very good point. WoW has indeed halted the great potential of MMORPGs. It's sucess has reduced the market down it WoW clones. Sad but unfortunate.

Heopfully new titles would re-invent the genre

Warhammer 40k

Aion

Look out for them

• xaussxauss Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 384

worst game ever? - any of the Asian MMO grinders

biggest flop ever? - DnL

biggest theives ever? - Horizons

• SoulferSoulfer Member Posts: 29

Runescape~~~~~~~~~

I cant beleive I wasted 1 year of my life playing such a pathetic game.

Smiling uses less muscles than frowning.

REMEMBER:

SMILING IS FOR THE WEAK

• SoulferSoulfer Member Posts: 29
    Originally posted by buddhabeads

WoW or Eve

Very good point. WoW has indeed halted the great potential of MMORPGs. It's sucess has reduced the market down it WoW clones. Sad but unfortunate.

Heopfully new titles would re-invent the genre

Warhammer 40k

Aion

Look out for them

Smiling uses less muscles than frowning.

REMEMBER:

SMILING IS FOR THE WEAK