Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dumb Questions

2»

Comments

• BahBlackBahBlack Member Posts: 26
    Well, first off i geuss i should welcome you to DAoC, my time sink for 4+ years. I recently came off a 1 year run of WOW and am going to reactivate my Dark age account.

First off, general quests arn't to awfull importent, but Warcry.com can be a very handy tool if for nothing else, looking up quests that may give you a usfull peice of equipment, see also the the character builder on the web page. it can be very informative when first starting your build on a new class.

your wepons and armor issues have been plaging new players since the dawn of the game when i started. thier is no simple solution other then to get in a guild that is very active in the advancment of low level players such as my guild was. we were very adimit about handing down old unused armor and weapons to lower lvl toons that had no true means of aquiring thier own gear befiting thier lvl.

as far as the full suit for  lvl 20,30.... from epic quests, this is not entirly true. If you do all of you epic quests thier will be an item at the end of each chain(and a fairly good one at that). in the end when you have reached level 50 there is one last chain to the epic quests. which will lead to your first suit of 100 quality armor. a very nice suit, but not the best you can do by ANY means. but good enough to get you on your way to bigger and better things.

Crafting, do not think that this will be the best meens of aquiring armor and wepons at this stage in your young DAoC "career". it will cost massive amounts of cash to to lvl up the reqired skills in order to make what you need. DO NOT let this discourage you from getting started in crafting, just don't spend every penny you have trying to reach a lvl that may be out of reach with limited funds.

Finding groups, this is  a quest in it self. the first thing i did was ask in guild chat. if there were no takers i would fill out the lfg info and post that(1:100 times would i acually get a reply) then head of to the classic zone dungen that was in line with my lvl and hope for a pick up group. this poses a problem for you being a solo distence caster, as most are narrow corridors and short runs with baf(bring a friend) mobs. and lastly i would ask in alliance chat (not typicly avalible to charecters under lvl 40). i see  finding groups as  a difficult task for you. my last new characer i soloed to lvl 50 just for this reason. /who works but for me i always thought i was intruding on someones game play by sending tells to them while they play, but on the other hand many have sent me tells LFG and they ended up with anouther member of a group so i geuss it's personal preferance.

Where should i be? : like in WOW quests will tend to lead you to a perfectly good leveling spot. so i would suggets taking quests(if you don't already take quite a few) from main towns and surrounding areas. this will get you atleast close to the mobs and towns more your level.

RvR: this is the part of the game that truly sets DAoC apart from the rest of the MMOs out thier. you'll be hitting the battle grounds for a long time to come, each battleground is set up for people with in 5 levels of each other. typiclly people start in Thid.(Arguable the most fun you ever have in DAoC if you have tweeked gear). watch your realm levels, as they incress there will be certain pasive and active abilities that will become avalible to you. just like ablities that become avalible from leveling these should be chosin wisly as respecs are rare to one with out resources. as a Void Eld keep defence is your strong suit in thid as you have massive range and stealthers can not climb walls yet, to one hit you.

I hope you enjoy your stay in DAoC. and remember to read http://www.camelotherald.com/index.shtml. the folks at mythic do a bang up job at keeping the community informed of day to day happenings unlike blizzard who need to be hounded for days to get answers.

"The world will end in 5 minutes. Please log out..."