Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fear (you are afraid) question in regards to my fighter.

I am having a issue with a fighter that I rolled the other day on Fernia.   She is doing great, I can tear thru mobs with her and she is soaking up damage pretty well as well.   My problem is that I am constantly getting feared and going into (you are afraid) mode where she can't attack.   I can of coarse spam pots and remove the fear but I am curious as to what else I could do to help her resist fear.

I have heard that + Will save gear would help her out.   She has almost all her points in Str, and Con with the remaining in Dex, so her other stats are in the 8 range.  I have heard that it is the widsom stat that is used to calculate fear resistance, is this correct?

--------------------------------
Currently Playing: Guild Wars 2 and Path of Exile

Quit: Eden Eternal, Wakfu, DDO, STO, DCUO, Sword 2, Atlantica Online, LOTRO, SWTOR, RIFT, Earthrise, FFXIV, RoM, Allods Online, GA,WAR,CO,V:SoH,POTBS,TR,COH/COV, WOW, DDO,AL, EQ, Eve, L2, AA, Mx0, SWG, SoR, AO, RFO, DAoC, and others.
www.twitter.com/mlwhitt
www.michaelwhitt.com

Comments

• BesCirgaBesCirga Member Posts: 806
    Yes.. highter wisdom means higher save vs fear. but as a fighter in highter levels (in my experiance) fear isnt so much used by enemies, as in lower levels. but a good will save is very good in any quest, so Iron Will feat and + wisdom item helps alot! As a fighter, your will save is your biggest consern!
  • neuronomadneuronomad Member Posts: 1,276
    Thank BesCirga.   My fighter is the first character out of the ones that I play that I didn't let the game select my base stats for.  I should have put a few points in Wis and such.  As much as I like my Bard/Sorc who is my current main, I think that I may end up making my fighter my main.   Right now out of the characters I play (Bard/Sorc, Cleric/Pal, and a Barb) I like the Fighter the best for straight tearing up mob fun.   Though I enjoy the buffs and distance attacks that my Bard/Sorc brings to groups. 

So far being feared isn't keeping her from being a great two-hand DPS disher, but I am trying to make her a equally good tank.   The fear factor (pun not intended) has put a small hurting on that part.   In WW last night I was trying to main tank and I would have good luck holding aggro (thanks intimidation) but a few times I almost lost aggro when we went in on Elite and I kept getting feared.  

I did pick me up a +1 will safe clock that maybe will help some.  I haven't been on tonight to see yet.

Anyway thanks for the help.

--------------------------------
    Currently Playing: Guild Wars 2 and Path of Exile

Quit: Eden Eternal, Wakfu, DDO, STO, DCUO, Sword 2, Atlantica Online, LOTRO, SWTOR, RIFT, Earthrise, FFXIV, RoM, Allods Online, GA,WAR,CO,V:SoH,POTBS,TR,COH/COV, WOW, DDO,AL, EQ, Eve, L2, AA, Mx0, SWG, SoR, AO, RFO, DAoC, and others.
    www.twitter.com/mlwhitt
    www.michaelwhitt.com

• OdyssesOdysses Member Posts: 581
    I know one of the helmets that you craft with either 10 or 15 ores from the Black Anvil Mines is rediculous for saves.   I think it is +2 wisdom and +5 will saves so that may really help you out.   I made one for my main rogue a while back and it is great.
  • LasteraLastera Member Posts: 368
    Glad to see you back on track. If you want a fighter that has a good chance to save against fear go with a dwarf or halfling. Warforge might be good, but I would have to check their enchanements again. I think Elves are good since they get saves agianst enchantments. (I could be wrong.)
  • we3sterwe3ster Member Posts: 355
    Originally posted by Lastera

Glad to see you back on track. If you want a fighter that has a good chance to save against fear go with a dwarf or halfling. Warforge might be good, but I would have to check their enchanements again. I think Elves are good since they get saves agianst enchantments. (I could be wrong.)
    You are correct about the elves, they are immune to slep effects and get a +2 bonus to enchantment effects

You must not leave until you free Arlos and have gathered your party safely in this hallway.