Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Questions..

GreatnessGreatness Member UncommonPosts: 2,180
Well I tried this game in beta but with my computer, I lagged out after getting to some highway. But I want to try it again because I am curious, this game looked and played fun even with the short time I played. I have a few questions though,

1) Did they lower the requirements or do something to make it less laggy?

2) How is the population? I see that the merging of servers occurred, hopefully this game doesn't go down.

3) How is the grind? It seems to be that there are a lot of people who have reached 80 quickly, I am hoping it is not just because they are hardcore players but casual ones too.

4) Any additions/changes to PvP?

5) Are there lower level people too?

~Greatness~

Currently Playing:
Nothing

Comments

• HeLL_SNXHeLL_SNX Member Posts: 239
    The lagging has been much improved, although it still happens in places even with a top end system.

Best thing to do is disable sound if it gets really bad and that usually helps a lot.

Also adjusting your page file size to twice the amount of your system memory  and if still neccessary reducing the particles (this game has tons) and advanced shading, settings etc. Good old defrag now and again doesn't hurt either.

I find the game runs best with at least 1 GB ram no matter how old your system is. Mines an AMD XP 2400 (2ghz) with a 256 MB NVIDEA AGP card.

You can now play the game with a Physix card aswell. Still early days to comment on its performance tho.

Personally I find the graphics good enough to not need a Physix card. But at least the choice is there.

these Physix options can also be turned off in the menu to not affect your systems performance.

Population atm? I would say that you are more likely to find lower level players in-game than higher level ones simply because more players are returning or trying it out right now and players who have already hit 80 are also levelling alts.

That being said, there are always a number of level 80 players online.

I think the merge was a good move for a game that had little publicity to start off. HAving tiny populations split up on different servers would have killed the game a long time ago.

Yep the grind isn't so bad. Just doing the quests/missions (which some consider the grind) will get you levelled up soon enuff.

The ace thing is that you can play casual and hit a level each session. Ofc, later on in the game(60 ish), levelling slows down a bit and becomes more of a grind, but I think thats a good thing. Once you hit level 74, there are various repeateable missions also that involve PVP to aquire xp so you leave the mob grinding behind and start to get PVP experience before you hit 80. And at level 60 you can start flipping obelisks (which buff outpost infantry) for experience points. Any mission gaps were closed with added content in the last 2 updates.

PVP is constantly changing...lol...This is a good thing (believe me) and is partly why some players are returning.

PVP kills now have a chance of dropping a token (with which you can buy the set item gear).

Prteviously all you had to do to get tokens was to cap an outpost and make sure it didn't get flipped before it went neutral again to claim your tokens. This system has now been changed due to the playerbase creating 'treaties' and basically dividing the map up between them so that all factions had a chance at getting the token gear.

According to the devs, this was not an exploit but 'emergent gameplay' so it was allowed to continue till the next update with which they made us have to fight each other to get  the tokens. A much better system, albeit much slower in aquiring the token gear.

Lots more I'm sure...but I'm rambling now...

Cya in the wastelands !

WHAT IS AUTO ASSAULT?
    AUTO ASSAULT 14 DAY TRIAL
    "It is the nature of herds that they flock to where there are more of the same not more quality."

• GreatnessGreatness Member UncommonPosts: 2,180
    Well I come from Lineage 2 and one of the main reasons why I quit was grind, I am sure I won't even feel it here. Hopefully it is fun while leveling, I am going to check it out again. Thanks

~Greatness~

Currently Playing:
    Nothing

• MythagoMythago Member Posts: 23

I played the EU beta and bought AA on release, but then quit after the first month.

Been having a look at the official boards to see what's changed and there seems to be quite a bit.

I was hoping someone could answer the following queries for me?

1) Has customisation improved from beta/release?  I hated the lack of customisation.

2) Has the out of car character animations been fixed?  You know the jerky, bowlegged animations?

3) Does running people over still depend on 'dice rolls'? and can a pebble still stop you dead when your hurtling along, only to bounce off a pebble on the road?

Considering re-installing, as I did enjoy my AA time up to a point, but the lack of being able to customise your car/tank etc was my main annoyance, who wants to look the same?

cheers

• suskesuske Member Posts: 714
    Originally posted by Mythago

I played the EU beta and bought AA on release, but then quit after the first month.
    Been having a look at the official boards to see what's changed and there seems to be quite a bit.
    1) Has customisation improved from beta/release?  I hated the lack of customisation.
    2) Has the out of car character animations been fixed?  You know the jerky, bowlegged animations?
    3) Does running people over still depend on 'dice rolls'? and can a pebble still stop you dead when your hurtling along, only to bounce off a pebble on the road?
    Considering re-installing, as I did enjoy my AA time up to a point, but the lack of being able to customise your car/tank etc was my main annoyance, who wants to look the same?
    cheers

1. no

2.no

3.no

• HeLL_SNXHeLL_SNX Member Posts: 239
    Originally posted by Mythago

cheers
    1> There are more tricks and trims for certain chassis than before if thats what you mean.

Clan tags are now visible under player names.

More varieties of paint dropping more frequently.

No way to add graphics to chassis, but that would increase packet size between clients and therefore create more lag.

2> Not quite sure what you mean there, but the 'in town' animations are adequate.

3> This really depends on your current speed and what melee you have equipped at the time.

As a starter you may have less pedestrian squishing abilities than you would have with a faster/heavier chassis.

There are still a few old bugs lurking about. Rubble is still annoying at times but not enough to make me quit.

The occasional speed bug can be funny, where you are launched into space for no apparent reason at all. Sometimes the reverse can happen where you are driving along quite fast and stop dead...this can be fixed by hitting the 'B' or Bounce button and then you conrinue as if nothing ever happened. But thats not such a frequent occurrence.

Cya in the wastelands!

WHAT IS AUTO ASSAULT?
    AUTO ASSAULT 14 DAY TRIAL
    "It is the nature of herds that they flock to where there are more of the same not more quality."