Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Alliances are

StikesStikes Member Posts: 16

Dead in AC because the player base has grown to think they are all hero's.

Spoiled children of Dereth...

http://www.stikes.deviantart.com/gallery/

Comments

• ElapsedElapsed Member UncommonPosts: 2,329

Not really... What good is a monarch and patron after you can support yourself. Unless Turbine puts in some kind of allegiance combat system or allegiance quests, I myself prefer to be on my own then be a follower of someone who does nothing for me. Also now that most of the players have been playing for quite a while, a lot of them have reached the cap and know almost everything there is to know. So once again, why be under a monarch/patron if they aren't more powerful or more knowledgable. I'm just supposed to pledge to someone because they are a nice group of people? No thanks, not good enough reason for me, I can make plenty of friends without having to wear the tag of some monarch who I could careless about.

• embalorgembalorg Member Posts: 2

I am of the oppposite opinion about allegiances. I have been with the same group for about two years now and the thought of not associating with them while gaming would probably make me quit the game.

My toon has reached the cap so there is little more that anyone can do for me but getting stuff from my patron or monarch was never why I joined. I was looking for a group that had the same beliefs that I did (no XP chain and no UCMing) who were fun to hunt with. Lets face it, there is not much strategy in hunting melee in AC so having someone that I could hunt with and chat with made the leveling tread mill to 126 all the more enjoyable.

Now that I have reached the cap, I split my time leveling my new toon and helping ohers level. I lead regular VoD hunts and always make sure to include those in the 50 to 70 range as a healer. In addition, having a big allegiance almost always guarantees that there will be someone on to hunt or quest with. One last thing, some of the most recent additions dictate that you hunt in numbers and with an allegiance and allegiance web site, you can arrange the hunts ahead of time.

-Em

• mmorpg_junkymmorpg_junky Member Posts: 27

I've being part of an allegiance since November 2003 and honestly it would not be the same without them because of the fact that they are great people and very helpful. Without the allegiance's around alot of people would be stuck without great team events like quests and hunts and just good ol chatting and helping people learn more things about the game. Basically the people I'm with is a non pk clan (mind you a few pkers here and there obviously) and of course a traditional monarch clan.

Keep fighting that fight.

• ipeacefrogipeacefrog Member Posts: 17
    In game an alliegience is like family. In my case we work together to help each other out even if we don't know each other.  It is a common bond that makes the game more enjoyable.

Kinjarr CLaW level 147
    Harvestgain

• stunnedstunned Member Posts: 3

Exactly what ipeacefrog said.

And on Darktide, you work together to kill other people, level together, or help each other out so you can kill people later, etc. They are the cornerstone of how dt politics work (Anti/pk/rpk).

• bballermc333bballermc333 Member Posts: 283

ac rocks

Big Baller
    http://www.mmorpg.com/images/gamelogos/AsheronsCall.gif
    Hype For Upcoming Games:
    The Matrix Online ::::08::
    EVER QUEST 2!!!!::::08::

• NaybearNaybear Member Posts: 9

Originally posted by ipeacefrog
    In game an alliegience is like family. In my case we work together to help each other out even if we don't know each other.  It is a common bond that makes the game more enjoyable.

This is true.  OOTJ is exactly that.  There's like 9 or 10 of us that do just about everything together.  Not to mention my fiancee, 2 uncles, an aunt, and my mom all play as well as me, so it's more like a family to me i guess, even though we're not all in the same allegiance.

Oxeo- Lvl 178 4 School Tinker, Cooking, Alchemy, Fletching

Maximum Mage- Lvl 173 War Mage

Naybear- Lvl 135 Archer, 3 School Magic

Whizzball- Lvl 105 Sword

Seksi Faerie Temptress- Lvl 67 War Mage

Over'Dose- Lvl 130 Tank UA