Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Still Gunning for UX:O

BeezerbeezBeezerbeez Member UncommonPosts: 302

I for one and still going to play UXO.  My hopes are high that the game will still be produced.  It's going to be a great game.  I know everyone misses the devs; they were really great community people.  I sort of discovered this game right before the big "event".  So unlike most people I didn't get to be part of that community.  But then when the devs decided not to move (or whatever happened exactly) everyone just disappeared... except for the people dressed up as the grim reaper, prophesizing bad news.  Are there still a lot of huge UXO fans out there?  If there are, perhaps we could get the community rumbling again. 

A bad analogy:  Anyone who is a great sports fan knows all about the people who "jump on the bandwagon".  Those people always leave when the team starts sucking or is having a bad season.  The fans who love their team no matter what, even when they stink, are even more satisfied when they succeed.

Obviously you get my point.  I'll wait for a few weeks or months (or longer if I have to) for EA to get things rolling again, but it'd be nice to know there are others doing the same who would post here (or elsewhere, just let me know where).

So, if anyone's out there who would like to chat about UXO, maybe teach me some lore, heck I'll even try at role-playing with ya, just let me know.  I'd like to see the community flourishing again, even if it's just a few friends I could make...perhaps start a guild together when the game gets going...

Sorry for the long cry-baby post.  Please don't flame me :)

The Beez

Comments

• sschruppsschrupp Member UncommonPosts: 684
    I'm still excited about this game. I really hope they keep going with it. :)

• bsherlockbsherlock Member Posts: 491

I have read the comments on almost every MMORPG in development currently, and although i just found this as the big move was happening i am still holding out hope that this game will still turn out as good as it would.

With the ultima name on this game EA will not want to screw it up

Muahahahahahahaha

MUAHAHAHAHAHA

• crzybrtndrcrzybrtndr Member Posts: 94

I wouldn't say that the people who have been following this game are 'fair weather fans'.  It's more an issue of a lot of us know that EA's track record is very poor when it comes to their MMOG's.  Anyone remember UO2? 

I would say that all the doomsayers were just expecting to see EA do their usual routine and scrap the game or at best toss it out half finished.  I'll admit, I was one of those people.  It had nothing to do with how much I supported UXO, it had everything to do with my lack of respect and trust for EA.

I am happy that EA decided to throw us all for a loop and actually follow through on their word for a change and I'll humbly admit I was wrong.