Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com will be down for maintenance beginning at midnight EST on Wednesday, August 31. Downtime is expected to last only a couple of hours.

Read before posting issues [updated 2007-05-02]

skywisenightskywisenight Halifax, NSPosts: 348Administrator Uncommon

Hi Everyone,

This thread is a quick overview of issues we are aware of, have already been reported.  I update this every few months depending on how many suggestions we get.

Disclaimer: Any item on this list has only been acknowledged as recived, but not necessary going to be fixed and/or developed as a new feature on this site.

Additional Note: This forum is intended for suggestions regarding the site, not to offer suggestions in picking a game.  Your best bet to get a game suggestion would be to post in General Discussion > The Pub, more people will read it there!

Known Issues:

• The game logos don't exactly match the style of the site and often have some chunky transparency, and I'm still slowly converting them all over, at least one a day.
  • First page load of session outputs some gibberish in Safari [update] - We serve pages compressed and the issue lies there.
  • Polls should carry over a post preview
  • IE6 is rendering some of the forum strangely [update] - First on the list when things get back to normal
  • Scaling text on site not so good.
  • Single quotes are being JS escaped in profile quotes.

Known Suggestions:

• Different icon for threads that have been replied to previously
  • Message system trash can addition
  • Show online usernames somewhere, or at the very least add an online indication in a users posts
  • When replying to a post, show more than one previous entry
  • How many, and ever who, are viewing a given thread
  • Add IRC server info to homepage
  • Make search work better, this includes genre,feature text,users,blogs,and pretty well every little facet of the site.  Think advanced search.
  • Allow for quote or multi-quote in post editor
  • Have a "users also liked X game" for game Y
  • Email notification on replies or quotes of an earlier post by said self.
  • Add more options for personal information in profiles, like machine specs, current games
  • Independant Developers List - use at own risk!
  • Option for subscribe/watch threads not to email out, or maybe email out only once a day
  • Forum dropdown at bottom of page
  • Make cool user selectable left side menu for forum where you can pick your own games and whatnot.

Style Suggestions:

• Fluid layout theme
  • Black on white based
  • Less lines
  • More and new emotes

Comments

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Myrtle Beach, SCPosts: 11,718Member Uncommon
    So about the posted suggestions. Is that is a list of what is being suggested or what could possibly be a future add? I mean it was kinda put up before the site change was introduced (Could I be wrong?), so I was just wondering.

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• skywisenightskywisenight Halifax, NSPosts: 348Administrator Uncommon
    The suggestion list was from internal suggestions we are willing to share at the moment and the good ones from the Site Suggestions forum prior to site change.  I will be keeping this list as upto date as possible as time goes.

• Dragon989Dragon989 Salisaw, OKPosts: 27Member Common

When you say "When Replying to a post, show more than one previous entry"are u saying that it will show all of the post you replyed to and all the threads?

If not here is a idea of mine for the the web sight ... make some sord of list that will tell all of the post/threads you replyed to or made and it will tell you if you have a new post on the thread/post .

Dose that sound good??

or make any scense??

• IceAgeIceAge SomeWhere In ..Posts: 1,122Member Uncommon
    Bots does days....

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• BTrayaLBTrayaL BucharestPosts: 617Member Uncommon

edit: moved to sugestion thread