Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trying trial, and some questions

rubydragon5rubydragon5 Member UncommonPosts: 693
 I have nothing to lose with a 14 day trial so i decided to give the game a try.

I played for about for a few days during beta but was so busy I never really had a chance tp get involved in it.

I just have some question about the game:

1. can anyone tell me why the population is so low as everyone claims?

2. and are more people joining or is the population still going down?

3. I heard the game is very solo oriented, does that prevent people from grouping and socializing?

does it hurt the need for guilds and make it almost like a 1 player game?

last thing,   is it me or does this game remind anyone of Earth and beyond?

I know it sounds weird but its like the only game I can think of that you can leave your vehicle and have a humonoid avatar walk around since EAB.

The skills also have some similarity to some of the professions in EAB, for example the shield and resist skills.

Comments

• LordLOCLordLOC Member Posts: 124

Originally posted by rubydragon5

I played for about for a few days during beta but was so busy I never really had a chance tp get involved in it.

3. I heard the game is very solo oriented, does that prevent people from grouping and socializing?

I know it sounds weird but its like the only game I can think of that you can leave your vehicle and have a humonoid avatar walk around since EAB.

The skills also have some similarity to some of the professions in EAB, for example the shield and resist skills.

1. Pop is low because of several reasons, but the main one being bad advertising - even the devs admit that one. Sure it had magazine ads but that's about it. I'd say the biggest reason other than that is the stigma of WoW...it isn't a fantasy MMO...so eh. Just my opinion on that one.

2. I can't say for sure more people are joining the game, but it does look like the population is increasing slowly but surely as more and more people give the game a chance/try and play the trail at least.

3. The game is very solo friendly, you can literally solo the entire PvE game to level 80 without convoying up more than a few times for a few tough bosses. But being in a convoy is a blast, and the last two patches have made it more convoy friendly. Update 3 which just launched in fact, just added 3 or 4 new instances for convoys ONLY now. And yes, it is very easy to get into a group/convoy. You'd be surprised how many people will jump at the chance to convoy if you ask in faction chat :)

I never played E&B but Auto Assault reminds me alot of Carmageddon/Twisted Metal and the like. Not saying that the game is an EXACT duplicate of those games, but the genre is obviously similar.

• HeLL_SNXHeLL_SNX Member Posts: 239

Originally posted by rubydragon5

1> Population may seem low when compared to other MMOG's but what it really comes down to is when you play and from what part of the globe you connect from. MOst of the players I would guess are from USA/canada but there is a large EU portion in there too. SO what time you choose to play can determine how many players you see around. Also don't expect to see lots of players around the early levels as most are high level players, but having said that you iwll come across players in most areas.

2> I would say more people are joining in gradually, and some previous players are returning as the bugs have mainly been fixed.

3> No, it dependsd on your style. You can actually get more xp from grouping up and have better chances of dropping enhanced loot when in convoys so you are encouraged to convoy. But its not essentisl to, you can still get some good loot going solo. It just helps you get into the atmosphere of it better when you play alongside others and also your combination of different skills will help you learn each other classes strengths as you progress towards the PVP endgame.

4> PLenty of Guilds/clans in the game though better guild support is on the way like clan halls and storage.

5> Never played E & B.

Good luck & cya in the wastelands!

WHAT IS AUTO ASSAULT?
    AUTO ASSAULT 14 DAY TRIAL
    "It is the nature of herds that they flock to where there are more of the same not more quality."