Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is EoF really necessary to experience the game ?

LaunvatarLaunvatar Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 127

I have DoF and original core versions of EQ2. I've just restarted game and having a blast playing it but I don't really feel like paying 38$ to EoF pack :) does it really makes a LOTTA difference ? So I really need to get it ?

Thanks for assistance. image

ROTFLTHTSASTCMMMWIATIHEPMASCTPATTMTMHAAOTIYFYSFPOSWYLJTMMLTMYB

Rolling On The Floor Laughing Too Hard To Stop And Scaring The Cat, Meanwhile My Mom Walked In And Thought I Had Eaten Poisonous Mushrooms And She Called The Paramedics And They Took Me Too Mad House And All Of This Is Your Fault You Stupid Fathead Piece Of **** With Your Lame Jokes That Make Me Laugh This Much You Bastard

Comments

• SevenwindSevenwind Member UncommonPosts: 2,188

Just my opinion yeah. I think you need KOS or higher to start earning AA's, unless they changed that with EOF release. To me the AA's enhance the game.

I'm not a big fan of KOS, but I really enjoy the lore, quests, and exp to be had in EOF. There is plenty of group exp to be had in EOF and a lot of easy solo quests. Granted some are bugged atm and some quests unfinished but I think overall still worth it.

If you buy the EOF dvd I believe you'll also get KOS expansion with it.

.. .... .- - . - .-. --- .-.. .-.. ... .-- .... --- .-. . .--. --- .-. - .-.-.-

--------------------------------------------------------
    Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318
    I don't think you should worry about it. I don't have it and am having plenty fun. Though I'm going to get it when I get a spare bit of money.

• FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870

I would get it if i were you, for the Achievement system as there is a new AP tree.

• zandwarfzandwarf Member Posts: 114

I rould recomend anyone who plays EQ2 to get EOF.  They added so much content with that expansion.  If you played EQ1 at all, its really like a trip down memory lane.  But asside from that....

-New race added, New starting city, New content for players lvl 1-70, New mounts, Class specific AA line, and more fun than I can shake a stick at.  You could play from lvl 1- 70 with out ever leaving this expansion...its really big.

If you buy the EOF expansion for $35 on disc, it even comes with the DOF, KOS, & EOF expansion.

Although KOS was a big let down to alot of players, I would not pass up the KOS & EOF package for $35.  Even if you decide to never visit any of the new zones, the AA line is well worth it for any player. 

• TrubadurenTrubaduren Member Posts: 575
    If you buy eof you get all :P

Starwars Galaxies, An Empier Diveded, That's what it says on my box anyway.

• Rayx0rRayx0r Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,902

if you're returning and dont plan on playing a fae, you'll be missing out on.. well some decent content :)

depending on your level I s'pose but butcherblock is very fun from levels 20-mid 30's.

ask for it for christmas maybe?

“"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a robot foot stomping on a human face -- forever."

Originally posted by olddaddy 

Bit uncalled for response dont you think.
  • olddaddyolddaddy Member Posts: 3,356

Originally posted by Flem

Absolutely, but I am tired of her attacks on people in the forums, the ones where she calls people trolls. I have been attacked and called a troll before by her, and it really ranks me to see this continue. Basically, if she attacks others without regard to their feelings, she should be prepared to be attacked in kind without regard to her feelings. When she starts treating people with respect and discussing the issues they bring up in a more positive manner, I will treat her with respect.

Originally posted by Flem

Absolutely, but I am tired of her attacks on people in the forums, the ones where she calls people trolls. I have been attacked and called a troll before by her, and it really ranks me to see this continue. Basically, if she attacks others without regard to their feelings, she should be prepared to be attacked in kind without regard to her feelings. When she starts treating people with respect and discussing the issues they bring up in a more positive manner, I will treat her with respect.

I see no attack by Moirae in her post on anyone, yet you attacked her.  That good sir is childish and warrants a report for harrasment.
  • zandwarfzandwarf Member Posts: 114

Absolutely, but I am tired of her attacks on people in the
    forums, the ones where she calls people trolls. I have been attacked
    and called a troll before by her, and it really ranks me to see this
    continue. Basically, if she attacks others without regard to their
    feelings, she should be prepared to be attacked in kind without regard
    to her feelings. When she starts treating people with respect and
    discussing the issues they bring up in a more positive manner, I will
    treat her with respect.
    Why is it that every
    post I read you are attacking Moirae?  Have you nothing better to