Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer Online : Age of Reckoning: Interview with Sanya Thomas

Comments

• checkthis500checkthis500 Member Posts: 1,236

Originally posted by boognish75
    Originally posted by indyne
    What really annoys me atm is the people trying to convince others that may have an interest in WAR 'not to play it because it's gotta be like WoW, WoW's crap so don't play WAR', those people really need to be shot.. Mythic really do need to use the 'WAR is not WoW' stick, as then people on the fence would actally try this and not be put off with the 'WoW haters' finding a new target.. Either way I think Mythic would be quite happy with 300,000-ish worldwide playerbase and not 'try' for a 7 million effort
    I hadn't thought about that, and now that you brought it up, I am inclined to agree with you.  It's kind of like, ignorant people spreading their ignorance onto other players who don't know any better, and then they take it as fact.  In that instance, I think we will miss out on some potentially great players.

As for the worldwide player base, I have to be perfectly honest.  I think I would actually prefer the 300k subscription than the 7 million for numerous reasons that are too many to list here.  I'm sure you agree the game doesn't have to be a huge success numbers wise to be a huge success to us.

The only thing that might concern me about a smaller player base is...is EA going to be happy about that? And what might they do in response?  I am not an EA merger basher at all, but from a business standpoint (ignoring EA's history completely, purely economical here), that disturbs me slightly.  Still, that's a whole 'nother conversation for a whole 'nother thread.

OHHH i almosrt forgot to remind everyone what ea does when they take over and merge a company 3 big words EARTH AND BEYOND.
    Except that Earth and Beyond was a piece of ****.  I would have cancelled that game too and I don't know jack about making money. 

One slight thing different about the acquisition of Mythic that people should remember.  EA Mythic is the MMO developing branch of EA now.  They didn't take them over for the game.  They took them over so that Mythic can make MORE MMOS, not just one. 

Who knows what we'll see in the future.  Perhaps a Warhammer 40K game, perhaps even games that Mythic wouldn't have been able to make due to being undermanned. 

Mythic was acquired for their MMO Developing skills, not for one game.

---------------------------------------------
    I live to fight, and fight to live.

• GonodilGonodil Member Posts: 335

Originally posted by checkthis500 

New Ideas:

Collision Detection with both friend and foe when flagged for PvP

EQ did that 7 years ago

Armor Customization that includes turning bits of armor on and off to be more unique

Feh

Anything dealing with Chaos

So how is this different from just another starting race?

City Sieges where you actually capture the opposing king

DAoC already does something like this, not whole cities, but I'm doubtful warhammer will allow the starting city to get taken over in any real way, just hampers gameplay for lower levels too much

Trophies that are worn from PvP
    Trophies are nothing new

WYSIWYG (What you see is what you get) philosophy
    I see a WoW clone with DAoC rvr mixed in...guess that's what we get?

Tome of Knowledge (you'll have to look that one up since there's too much to describe here)

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Dated? Seriously?  To me it looks great.  Definitely not top of the line graphics, but I prefer to have tons of players on screen at once and a great frame rate as opposed to having my computer slow to a crawl due to the high-end graphical content.
    I'd rather have more anitomicly correct models like DAoC does, but still lets you have high performance

Fanbois seriously need to tone down the preaching; you hardly know anything about the state of the game, you have absolutely ZERO clue what will make it to launch, and you're swallowing every bit of hype they put out.

• Parsifal57Parsifal57 Member Posts: 267

Originally posted by scaramoosh
    looks dated. Also it looks more of the same old same old grind to end level.   Where are the new ideas?  

Try play Daoc since it isn't on your list o mighty expert, or at least read up the game and you'll see plenty of new ideas, such as leveling through PvP alone for one.
  • Parsifal57Parsifal57 Member Posts: 267

Originally posted by Parsifal57
    Originally posted by scaramoosh
    looks dated. Also it looks more of the same old same old grind to end level.   Where are the new ideas?  
    Try play Daoc since it isn't on your list o mighty expert, or at least read up the game and you'll see plenty of new ideas, such as leveling through PvP alone for one.

And we have you at the other extreme , you must live a very depressing life.

• DemonOvrlordDemonOvrlord Member Posts: 69

When I read about this game it sounds promising.   But then so did WoW a year before launch when it still seemed like it woudn't turn into another 'Raid or Die' MMORPG.

Given Mythic's reputation with DAOC, I'm willing to keep an eye on this game and see how it turns out.  If WoW's 'new' PvP system doesn't help it recover, then WAR will certainly be a nice option to turn toward.

• jporkinsjporkins Member Posts: 1

They say that immitation is the best form of flattery!!  Having friends that work at Blizzard I can attest that the Warcraft universe is essentially Warhammer (Stracraft being Warhammer 40K).  It just so happened that at the time GW was not making video games and the early devs were huge Warhammer fans (still are).  Both Chris Metzen (VP of Creative Design and creator of Warcraft) and Sam Didier (Company Art Driector) both are huge Warhammer fans and both have numerous Warhammer books in their offices.  Blizzard even got caught *cough* when the cinematic team accidentally copied a sword (runes included) from a sword in the art of warhammer book onto Frostmourne.. oops!

The keen eye would also notice that murlocs changed a bit from War3 to WoW as well as many other things (no more catapults, Furion Stormrage is now Malfurion (Furion is a bit close to ORION who is a Warhammer character that predates Warcraft) and hey! where did the Chaos Orcs go from Warcraft??!! oh ya, that was a bit too close to home for the peeps at GW so they got yanked.  Now that the GW eye is focussed on Blizzard, I bet you will start seeing some changes in their upcoming titles.  If Blizzard ever makes SC2, I'd bet the farm that space marines won't look anything like they did in SC (of course that's a good thing imo as I'm not much of a fan of the space hulk).

• Distortion0Distortion0 Member Posts: 668

Originally posted by Gonodil

New Ideas:

EQ did that 7 years ago

Armor Customization that includes turning bits of armor on and off to be more unique

Feh

DAoC already does something like this, not whole cities, but I'm doubtful warhammer will allow the starting city to get taken over in any real way, just hampers gameplay for lower levels too much

Trophies that are worn from PvP
    Trophies are nothing new

WYSIWYG (What you see is what you get) philosophy
    I see a WoW clone with DAoC rvr mixed in...guess that's what we get?

Tome of Knowledge (you'll have to look that one up since there's too much to describe here)

Dated? Seriously?  To me it looks great.  Definitely not top of the line graphics, but I prefer to have tons of players on screen at once and a great frame rate as opposed to having my computer slow to a crawl due to the high-end graphical content.
    I'd rather have more anitomicly correct models like DAoC does, but still lets you have high performance

Fanbois seriously need to tone down the preaching; you hardly know anything about the state of the game, you have absolutely ZERO clue what will make it to launch, and you're swallowing every bit of hype they put out.

This isn't one of those cheesy games(*cough*WoW*cough) where the only difference between races is graphics. Each of the Graphics have drasticaly different classes and zones to explore. Basically, if it getts done how Mythic says it's getting done, you will be able to play through the game six times(one for each race) and get a completely different experence each time through.

The main thing that has me interest are the detials and quirks of the World. Take a look through the video blogs, especially the Squig Powered elevator. I have no idea if stuff like that will make it into the game, but if it does I'm buying it.

Also, it's really the only next gen MMO promising RvR. Connan is promising mass PvP, but I'm not even sure that my computer will run that thing in PvE, there's no way it'll pull off mass RvR.

Alot of next gens are also promising new gimicky combate systems too. I'm not sure how entertaining Connan's system is going to be. You can go on about combo and so on, but how many new skills is the warrior actually going to get? I think it will be pretty much the same thing from begining to end-game. G&H looks cool, but I wonder how that whole minions and army thing is going to work out. A classic MMO system with lateral advancement sounds like it might work(you gain skills different skills in WAR and your skills are never replaced, as opposed to WoW/Liniage System, where you mostly just gain the ability to pwn lower levels and maybe your 'fireball' levels up to 'fireball 2')

If you want to go into comparing it to other next gens: Connan has the rating, WAR has the spirit. Connan has beheadings, WAR has dead people hanging off trees or on battlegrounds being picked at by vultures.

If you think Connan is cool because it incorperates Connan lore into their game, check out the class descriptions. The Bright Wizard and Priest of Sigmar(released in an IGN intereveiw) are exelent examples of what speerates WAR from the rest.

I don't know what else you want to know about but ask I'll try to find the answers for you. WAR pretty much slips something into every part of development to improve opon the previous gen of MMOs. I mean, someone else said it seemed like it will be the same grind, here the two quests we know about so far:

The Very First Quest you Receive as an Orc: There was a huge battle. Outside the base there's no a field for of Dwarfs. Vulture have started to eat them. The boss doesn't like this and has you go kill ten vultures because they are 'picking at his trophies'. It's not much different from the rest of the pack, but I like it because of it's flavor. Like I said, it's just a starting quest.

The other thing we know is community quests. It's everybody withing your faction, that is in the same zone as you are, working together on a common quest. The example we got is there's this Giant being chased by Squigs(evil packman looking things), and so your faction(the Orcs) is supposed to kill the Squigs and get the Giant beer(because he's thirsty from being chased). In reward for the quest, you get armor or something and then the NPC Giant goes attacks your enemy's Battlefield.

• MLecl0001MLecl0001 Member Posts: 153

Who said that the capital city is the starting city?  Guess what its not, so when the capital city gets seiged, the noobs will be in noob land killing noob enemy pcs.

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

• HolyAvengerOneHolyAvengerOne Member UncommonPosts: 708
    Very interesting. However, the whole concept of zones might kill it for me. I can't stand these anymore, too much thrauma involved :(

• checkthis500checkthis500 Member Posts: 1,236

Originally posted by checkthis500  New Ideas:

EQ did that 7 years ago

But EQ was a PVE-centric game with little to no tactics in PVP

Feh

Must be a good idea to get that response

You should really research what Chaos truly is and then you'd understanc how it's new.  To list all of the things that are different here would be crazy-long.  I will say one thing though.  In the starting city you kill villagers and put their body parts into a cannon and fire this cannon at an Empire NPC boss.  Please point me to a game where you fire body parts as part of a quest.

Actually the Capital City isn't the starter city as someone has stated, and you control each zone as you approach the capital at which point you get to siege the entire city itself.  Control here meaning that the opposite race has to take control back, meaning that you own the zone.  I think that's a pretty "real" way.
    Trophies that are worn from PvP Trophies are nothing newShow me a game where you get to put severed heads on your spikes as to show how many of the humans/dwarfs/elfs you've killed if you're greenskins?

WYSIWYG (What you see is what you get) philosophy I see a WoW clone with DAoC rvr mixed in...guess that's what we get?I would like you to show me which parts of this game are "WoW-clone" worthy.  Other than orcs, dwarfs, and elves, considering these races are in many many other games that came before WoW there are hardly any similarities.  And the WYSIWYG philosophy is that you should be able to tell what kind of character the other person is at a 20 foot distance.  As in "He has an axe and a shield and is heavily armored, he must be a Dwarven Ironbreaker"  It's quite different than the "level number" system used in WoW which this game is supposedly copying.

Dated? Seriously?  To me it looks great.  Definitely not top of the line graphics, but I prefer to have tons of players on screen at once and a great frame rate as opposed to having my computer slow to a crawl due to the high-end graphical content. I'd rather have more anitomicly correct models like DAoC does, but still lets you have high performance
    Not sure what you mean by "anatomically" correct.  If you mean women, men and the like, then I doubt you have to worry.

To call me a fanboi is silly, considering I'm not going to even be playing the game, but I know a good game when I see one, and if people say "this game offers nothing new" when I can say "yes it does. See" then I will.

actually I'm pretty sure I'm aware of the state of the game.  All you have to do is type in "Warhammer gameplay video" in youtube and you'll be just as knowledgable as others as to the state of the game.  Or you could go to war-rvr.net and check out the mediaplayer which gives tons of information. 

Not preaching by the way.  I was just pointing out the things that I've noticed in the game that are new.  And to say that I'm "swallowing every bit of hype they put out" is kind of naive considering this "hype" that I'm swallowing are all things I've "seen" in the gameplay videos except for the city sieges. 

You should do some research before you start calling people fanbois and take a look at the information that is readily available.

To Holyavenger:
    The zones they speak of are seamlessly linked.  If you check out several gameplay videos, in one really good one the character walks between two zones using a road and there is not load time or anything like that.  The only thing that changes is when he pulls up the map, it's the map for a different zone.

---------------------------------------------
    I live to fight, and fight to live.

• GorblumGorblum Member Posts: 12

Hey all, first of all I am going to comment about this game. From what I've seen so far and how things are being developed. I can truly say that this game will have good potential from having such a big history in the game. We are already seeing 6 races so far to be playable and Warhammer itself has many more races thats not included. So I can imagine that there's good potential for expansions to come as well.  For how its being made so far , I really like its artwork and characters made, they are looking just like how they are meant to be from Games Workshop from around 25 yrs of history. There are classes different from their opposiing factions e.g. Dwarf Engineer style would be different from Goblin Squig Herder and I like that.  I can imagine  Collission Detection will be by far make this game tactical , even though someone did mention that EQ done that but in Warhammer here, classes I believe they'll try to plan out how they can compliment each other but yet be different from opposing enemies and thats what's going to make things different and fun e.g. Orcs as a team Black Orcs and Choppas well if Black Orcs soak the damage so that Choppas are in combat more then his Frenzy can last longer and compliment each other for Morale moves.  Then you got Races from other places like Chaos and Dark Elves well you just wonder what they can do mixed too so thats going to make this more interesting.

Anyway moving on , I am also looking forward to the RvR in how you dont have to PvE to level up cause for me , I truly enjoy PvP and so I look forward to that since for me WoW PvP experience died down, I made High Warlord and then done several High End instances and it got dull for me having to kill same boss over and over for something different for items.  How Scenarios make a difference because victory points are added in a certain period so that the battlefield moves on and how the World map would be shifted for factions occupying areas. For me Battle Grounds in WoW well it does get boring even though I got exalted for them all and each win is only for own reputation and honor to be gained for one self mainly to reach ranks.  In the end when you come to think about it, the Battle Grounds in WoW well doesnt make people have the incentive to go attack the Capital lands of opposing Factions anymore but instead just enter BGs to fight instead.

Anyway I appologise as people may feel why am I comparing WoW to WAR well the only reason I can say is that there are going to be some similiarities for whats there but I know WAR would be different generally because WoW will mainly be for PvE players and yet WAR can move on to be continous mainly for RvR.  Another thing that I'd like to mention about population in WoW, I honestly think that currently there are a number of Warhammer table top players or fans at WoW right now because of some similiarities in Warhammer and yet when Warhammer does get its release, I feel there would be a huge number of WoW players shifting to WAR because those Warhammer fans will finally get their MMO release . Not only that DAoC fans will be happy to see what Mythic has done to this highly anticipated game. So I fully reckon there will be definately more than just 300k of peeps playing this .

Anyway thats my expression and oppinion about this game. I hope you guys dont flame cause its what I just wanted to share.  I did enjoy WoW at first and in the end it dies down for me because there's no innovation to continue to PvP once you reach the top . I just hope WAR could be that difference since its an RvR game for me to enjoy.

• nthnaounnthnaoun Member Posts: 1,438

I wander if this game will appeal to me. I like DAoC, the way it was when only SI was released. No instances, the world wasn't larger than its population, and everyone grouped and hunted together, plus there wasn't quest based content to keep you solo, like in WoW.

I really hope it will be a lot like DAoC in those regards, but I fear this game will appeal to the WoW PvP crowd that didn't get the PvP they were looking for in WoW.

• TanokTanok Member Posts: 23

Originally posted by Archon2021
    http://img149.imageshack.us/my.php?image=warhammerworldmapyw8.jpg

There you have it folks.

Actually it looks like a real world map to me, and which have been somewhat confirmed. Every land has some sort of real-world equvellant.

Besides, just becuase there are 2 continents and an ocean in between doesn't necassarily make it a WoW-clone. Having said that, in order for a game to NOT be a WoW-clone, it needs a single continent, or what?

• Lunar_KnightLunar_Knight Member Posts: 292

Originally posted by Vegetta

ZOMG EA IS TEH DEVIL1111111111111
    They made every1 trammie carebears and tooked away my ganking fun
    waaaahhhhaaaahhaaahaahaa
    /sarcasm
    I used to think the same thing til I went out and actually did some digging for information. Orgin is as much to blame for their failures as EA.
    The deal for this game was done before EA came on board.
    Nothing has changed since EA came on board.
    EA is not calling the shots Mythic and Games Worksop are.
    EA wants successful market share in online gaming and don't want to hose this up - they will not interfere, they will not dictate how the game is made.
    no ingame advertising - Confirmed by Marc Jacobs. Besides, Games Workshop won't allow it - they don't even have outside advertising in White Dwarf magazine.
    What EA will do is help with marketing, advertising and help with making sure the product has a lot of retail shelf space.

So, by your logic, EA will remain perfectly happy dumping money into advertising and marketing this game with out having any say what so ever...

...well my friend, that’s just not the nature of the beast.

Eventually, EA will get involved with what Mythic does and doesn't do. It's unavoidable. You think you can sell off your company to some big corporation, have them hand you tons of resources, and they won't ask for anything in return besides a little profit sharing and sticking the EA on your name tag?! Don't be so naive.

The marketing department at EA will eventually begin to asses how the game will sell the best. Once the publisher, marketing department, and the dreaded "suits" start to develop a different opinion on how best to make/sell the game, they will push the development team in that direction. So many people are saying "Well EA will just let them be and they'll make tons of money and the games will be so awesome and well all live happily ever after!". LET ME EXPLAIN THIS IN VERY SIMPLE TERMS. MYTHIC IS NOW EA, EA IS NOW MYTHIC, THEY ARE ONE IN THE SAME! EA'S PRACTICES ARE NOW MYTHIC'S! If that scares you, don't worry, it should. The creative prowess that Mythic has always flaunted is jeopardized directly form this merger.

But, of course, time will tell. I love to be proved wrong, dead wrong. But I'll be d$%^ed, though, if I let them just skate by scot-free on this. Some one has to point the finger so they know their fans aren't totally ignorant and won't follow them where ever they decide to go.

I don't approve of this merger, so I critique and protest it.  

...but time flows like a river...

...and history repeats...

-Leader of "The Fighting Irish" in DAoC on Hib/Kay-

• SturmrabeSturmrabe Member Posts: 927

The only problems I had with the interview:

A .1 differance is not a "country mile"

EA has not INCREASED interest in the game, just the opposite...

Other than that I have to agree with the people who say that if you think WAR is a WoW clone its cause you are too young or too dumb to know better.

imageimage
    Of all that is written, I love only what a person has written with his own blood. -Nietzsche

• DemonOvrlordDemonOvrlord Member Posts: 69

Originally posted by Sturmrabe

The only problems I had with the interview:
    A .1 differance is not a "country mile"
    EA has not INCREASED interest in the game, just the opposite...
    Other than that I have to agree with the people who say that if you think WAR is a WoW clone its cause you are too young or too dumb to know better.

Good point.  The interview seemed to ignore the fact that WAR had a rating of 7.5 before the EA merger.

Afterward it dropped to 7.1 and it has slowly been crawling back up as people are at least seeing that EA hasn't fired the entire staff of Mythic or done anything -obvious- yet.

I'm still worried but who knows, maybe Mythic really can interact with EA without becoming infected.

• VrazuleVrazule Member Posts: 1,095
    EA has a proven history of bad moves.  I don't expect that to ever change.  They'll dissolve Mythic or replace them with cheaper and less experienced programmers sometime down the line, you just wait and see.  Or better yet, they'll cancel WHO 3 months from release.

With PvE raiding, it has never been a question of being "good enough". I play games to have fun, not to be a simpering toady sitting through hour after hour of mind numbing boredom and fawning over a guild master in the hopes that he will condescend to reward me with shiny bits of loot. But in games where those people get the highest progression, anyone who doesn't do that will just be a moving target for them and I'll be damned if I'm going to pay money for the privilege. - Neanderthal

• chandrulkachandrulka Member Posts: 2

Originally posted by nthnaoun
    I wander if this game will appeal to me. I like DAoC, the way it was when only SI was released. No instances, the world wasn't larger than its population, and everyone grouped and hunted together, plus there wasn't quest based content to keep you solo, like in WoW.
    I hope not.
    Standing in the same place for hours and killing the same monsters over and over again, dying sometimes and loosing exp so you can kill the same monster even more was not so much fun for me.
    DAOC was a weak pve game but a great pvp (rvr) game. Hope that war add some good entertainment for the pve and level part and delivers a unquie and interessting rvr part.

it's never too late to learn

• DameonkDameonk Member UncommonPosts: 1,914

I too have 0 faith in EA's past MMO titles.  Actually, scratch that, I have negative 100% faith in EA's ability to make a decent MMO title.  Their "market experts" are obviously idiots when it comes to MMO games.  And yes, they did kill UO, once Garriott lost creative control it was over.

Some quotes from EA:

"For its part, EA disputes the notion that it has had problems developing MMOs. Instead, it said the UXO move was a strategic realignment of resources."

"We really thought it was a good idea to focus more resources on Ultima Online," said Aaron Cohen, the game's product manager. "In looking at the situation, we thought it was better to focus on that successful product."

"EA said it thinks The Sims Online is doing fine. "Granted, the game didn't launch well, and could have used a bit more time in the studio back in 2002," said Jeff Brown, EA's vice president of corporate communications. "But since then, it's built and maintained a thriving community." - This is utter BS.

But on the other side you have this:

"As far as management goes, Mythic CEO Mark Jacobs will stay on board, but will take the new position of vice president and general manager of the studio. Mythic cofounder and COO Rob Denton will stay on as vice president and COO of EA Mythic."

"There is hope. Certainly when Electronic Arts rolled up Maxis, Maxis was still able to crank out great (and experimental!) games, using EA resources. The same might be the case for Mythic, especially if EA has the sense to give them some autonomy."

Honestly, to me, it seems like EA's merger with Mythic is just a way for EA to try and make a WoW killer.  I'm just curious as to what is going to happen to the game a few months after release when it is not heading for 6 million + subscribers that EA is crossing their fingers for, then we will truly see if EA is trying to redesign the way they make MMO games (That being, to actually be GOOD) or just trying to find Blizzard's secret formula.

"There is as yet insufficient data for a meaningful answer."

• chaintmchaintm Member UncommonPosts: 953
    Sanya rocks and this game will rock, nuff said :)

"The monster created isn't by the company that makes the game, it's by the fans that make it something it never was"

• tutetute Member UncommonPosts: 299
    I remember seeing this at the comic-con.  I hope they are still on track with all they said they were going to do.
  • VrazuleVrazule Member Posts: 1,095
    I have a lot of respect for DAoC and Mythic.  They were the first 3D MMO company to not segregate the player base between raiders / non-raiders / PvP'ers.  Everyone had an equal chance at decent content and rewards no matter their play style.  I'm quite sad to see that they will be adding raiding into this game.  I feel like they are taking steps backwards in the genre.  I sincerely hope they don't hand all of the best content and rewards to raiders, its unfair, its cheap and its elitist.

With PvE raiding, it has never been a question of being "good enough". I play games to have fun, not to be a simpering toady sitting through hour after hour of mind numbing boredom and fawning over a guild master in the hopes that he will condescend to reward me with shiny bits of loot. But in games where those people get the highest progression, anyone who doesn't do that will just be a moving target for them and I'll be damned if I'm going to pay money for the privilege. - Neanderthal

• yangguangyangguang Member Posts: 4

Voyage Century  will begin its Alpha Testing on Dec.8th. I have some testing account.If you want to enjoy the game with me, please send E-Mail to me to ask for accounts.

E-mail:[email protected]                                       

RYAN~

• Zamolxes7Zamolxes7 Member Posts: 5
    OK im so tired of this Wow vs War vs GW vs Mythic vs Nerds vs Gay people battle.I am going to state a few facts here just so u know. First of all i would like to state that i am with Blizzard all the way even if they way they made WoW sucked they tried they're best and it payed off. Second of all orcs and dwarfs werent inveted in 1980s when warhammer started screwing around with miniatures. They were invented way before that so dont fucking say bliz copy warhammer with WoW and WoW is the clone thank you. Second, wacraft 1 , 2 , 3  and expansion all had HUGE sucess and sold milions. What did warhammer have? crap. Second dont go flaming people for saying warhammer online is a WoW clone cuz they are right. WoW came first in the mmorpg market not war. So dont fucking try to disprove that its impossible. Third if War had been first people would have said WoW was a clone so plz WAR IS THE CLONE. NOW! ladies and oh who am i kidding there are no ladies here. There might be a few things that attract me to War and Why i left WoW in the first place, such things are RVR!! cuz thats the thing ive been looking for and WoW pvp is a joke literally but lets look at something here... War said they will have " campaings " where people enter an instance and fight humm that sounds familiar.. i think i left WoW cuz of that OH WAIT ITS A BATTLEGROUND hummm so thats nice the only " inovating " thing coming out of war is a battleground thats sweet. OK finally the graphics. War graphics look like WoW only crappier. The orcs look like some 5 year old kid drawed them its like wtf they dont even try to make it look realistic cuz they know its never gonna happen graphics in movies of War trailers look like crap blizzard is the master of movies and war trailers are crap its like they are made in 2d and the pixels are the size of a donut. Thank you and fuck you UO fans im never gonna pay 13$ a month to play a diablo 2 clone with 2d graphics only actually worse graphics than d2.

• BadenovBadenov Member Posts: 1
    Definitely on the fence with this one.

Given Mythic's track record in DAoC of listening to whiners, endless cycles of revamping already existing characters, focusing their character balance efforts of PvP rather than RvR, and total disregard of player exploits via buffbots (as the buffbot exploit increased Mythic's income - my opinion), I can't get excited at all about some new title they are working on.  When I left Dark Ages of Castalot years ago, I was completely fed up.

I'll probably wait for quite some time on Warhammer, reading the reviews and comments from players, and if the positives way outweigh the negatives I might jump in.