Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stargate Worlds: 5 Exclusive Screens

2»

Comments

• TariothTarioth Member Posts: 5

After finding out about this, this is how I feel.

*Franticaly looks around.* "Where the hell is it?" *Fumbles over the sofa before hitting his head on a wooden chair. Grabbing his head in pain, he sees what he is looking for under the chair.* "Theres my wallet!"

• ReRollerReRoller Member Posts: 61

First rate promotional screenshots! ::::03:: Especially nice indoor lighting, reminds me of the Star Trek online screenshots of the ship corridors.

• Thor79Thor79 Member Posts: 96

SG-1 was cancelled on Sci-Fi...but they also announced 2 Direct-to-DVD movies that are supposed to tie up the loose ends from Season 10.

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/10/istargate_sg-1i_movies_coming_to.shtml

• Thor79Thor79 Member Posts: 96

Originally posted by Lateris
    I like the graphics but by the time this game makse it to the
    general public in a few years--won’t the graphics be tweaked down due to
    bandwidth constraints over the internet? So it won’t look as polished?

graphics have little to do with bandwidth...except maybe memory to graphics card bandwidth.

• DatacomDatacom Member Posts: 2
    great screenshots, cant wait to see some ingame shots
  • tutetute Member UncommonPosts: 299

Originally posted by Thor79

SG-1 was cancelled on Sci-Fi...but they also announced 2 Direct-to-DVD movies that are supposed to tie up the loose ends from Season 10.
    http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/10/istargate_sg-1i_movies_coming_to.shtml

Awesome.  Thanks for that update. 

It was disappointing to hear that they only went to Season 10 just for the sake of saying they went 10 seasons(if that rumor was true).  I had just 'gotten into' SG-1 thanks to SGA.  And I was even more happy when my favorite actors, Ben Browder and Claudia Black, joined the team.  I thought that would have guaranteed at least another 3-4 seasons.  Disappointing as I REALLY wanted another year of "SCIIIII - FIIII FRIDAY".  It was really cool to have 3 strong shows in one night(though I guess the strength of SG-1 was debated).

Someone else mentioned they usually split up the seasons, so we are not going to see anymore episodes of SG-1 in the spring?

• SundiegoSundiego Member Posts: 92
    Nice.. me like

• FerretrodeoFerretrodeo Member UncommonPosts: 29

I will definately be playing this game. Graphics look cool. I'll probably upgrade my computer just to make sure I can play it.

• TheKrakenTheKraken Member Posts: 154
    Looking good.  Gameplay remains to be seen, but I have high hopes that either this title or the Star Trek mmorpg will be able to satisfy my desire to play a sci-fi online game.  I've tried quite a few since the demise of SWG, and so far nothing has been interesting enough to capture my attention.
  • Nai`NeasNai`Neas Member Posts: 48

I think the problem with the graphics is there is no haze for the aerialization. Tends to make them look 2D rather than 3D realistic.

SG-! was cancelled the day of the ground-breaking 200th episode.

The second half of the 10th season will air during the spring season.

Stargate Atlantis is still going to be produced. And Stargate straight to DVD movies are tentatively scheduled.

• LostMKLostMK Member UncommonPosts: 27

Originally posted by Mysk
    SG-1 was cancelled, much to my incredible disappointment.  Atlantis is continuing however.

The timing was awful.  They had just aired their 10th season anniversary epside and then BAM, Sci-Fi cancels the show.  A punch to the gut if you ask me.

Everything that I've read says that the game continues forward.  Frankly, even if they cancelled Atlantis - which is not going to happen - I would still get the game (so long as it's not another DDO or some such).  There is a ton of material here.

I gotta say though, the cancelling of SG-1 was not totally unexpected.   They were getting the dull end of the writers' and FX team's efforts.  It was pretty clear that the cost of maintaining both shows was getting to them.

Anyhow, there's no sense in continuing my ramble.

~Mysk

There is talk of a third series... starring Michael Shanks as Dr Daniel Jackson! ;D