Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How many ppl play

milkyymilkyy Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 61
i was looking to start playin CoV and just wanted to know if alota ppl play this game still?

Comments

• DrowNobleDrowNoble Member UncommonPosts: 1,297

Honestly it is hard to tell how many people are playing on a server as some will be inside missions.  I never have trouble finding a team when I want one even at off peak hours when I get off work.  If you play a Mastermind you can solo quite easily should your server have periods of low population.

So to me at least, game seems to have a healthy population. image

• NierroNierro Member UncommonPosts: 1,755

Originally posted by DrowNoble
    Honestly it is hard to tell how many people are playing on a server as some will be inside missions.  I never have trouble finding a team when I want one even at off peak hours when I get off work.  If you play a Mastermind you can solo quite easily should your server have periods of low population. So to me at least, game seems to have a healthy population. image
    Yeah, if you play on Freedom you'll never not see anyone, there are always people about.

• vajurasvajuras Member Posts: 2,860

yeah the pop is pretty much consistent. my advice is to roll a hero on freedom if you have CoH. The social gatherings they have at Atlas Park is neat. I think everyone has started back to playing heroes again.

[edit] good villain ATs are brutes and corrupters and they solo well. Don't roll an MM, stalker, or Dom. They don't fit into the traditional healer/buffer/nuker/warrior roles so they get less invites for sure. Especially for RSF

• damian7damian7 Member Posts: 4,449

but, on the flip side, Masterminds don't need teams, they bring a team with them.

and i'm sorry, but if someone NEEDS a "healer" in COx, you're just debt waiting to happen.  i say this, after having solo'd dr vahz with a troller (he was lvl 19, i was lvl 19, ill/storm).  sometimes it just takes patience, sometimes it takes a tiny bit of skill.

but please, don't listen if people tell you that you HAVE to have a healer.   a GOOD buffer/debuffer is better than a healer in COx any day of the week.

edited to add:

here's an example.

the other day, i'm playing on my lowbie blapper (lvl 12, fire/nrg blaster).  6 people on team.  the scrapper is like, "ok, we need  you guys to pull, but no aoes".   i'm like, ok, i'll pull. everyone stands there, just outside of aggro range, and in plain site of all the mobs.  lots of zombies in a hallway that leads to the room we're in.  then i'm like... ok, i'm going to pull to over here.   still, everyone just standing right in the doorway where ALL the zombies/reapers/morts/eidies can see them.  so i pull, to where i said... worked great.  the small group i wanted came, and since EVERYONE stood in los, and some even advanced towards the incoming mobs, so did the rest of that room.  we wipe.

same thing happens.  scrapper says THE SAME THING... so i explain about pulling, breaking los, etc.  when i say same thing happened, it did.  i pull a small group, but these guys just want to stand where all the baddies can see them, and again, instead of moving to the corner i pulled to... they moved forward to attack the group i pulled, thus aggroing the rest of the mobs.

those guys NEED a healer and yes, two deaths and i wasn't waiting for the debt to happen any longer.

could we please get correspondent writers and moderators, on the eve forum at mmorpg.com, who are well-versed on eve-online and aren't just passersby pushing buttons? pretty please?